Chapter 189: Embarrassed on the International Runway

Trial Marriage Husband (Pangyo Couple version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s not that we want to go against Cha Jooeun, she is the one that is going against us. The agency is one big team, but as a model of Sublime, when has she ever obeyed President Seo’s orders? Kangjun, don’t forget, without Sublime, there is no you and there would be no Cha Jooeun.” Bohyun’s words were loud and clear with a sense of pride and ridicule. “Actually Kangjun, let me correct myself. You have already lost your right to be a top manager because you have betrayed Yeji.”

After hearing Bohyun’s words, Kangjun’s lips curved upwards in mockery. His mood was a lot better than earlier. “Ahn Bohyun, whether I have the right is not up to you to determine. After all, the position of Artists Director was also a role I rejected before Yeji gave it to you. It seems I know more about being a manager than you do. Plus I think the first thing you need to learn, is how to be a man! In regards to my position, there is no one that can replace me. With my qualifications and the number of company secrets I know, even if Yeji was to choose someone to get rid of, she may not necessarily choose me.”

After speaking, Kangjun hung up the phone. He had no intention of following Yeji’s orders. However, Minjung had overheard his entire conversation. “The…the show has started, do you want to watch it?”

“Of course, this is Jooeun’s appearance on an international runway.”

What did going on an international runway represent? Just a simple look at the invites in Jooeun’s email inbox was enough to answer that question. The inbox that was previously filled with Korean emails, is now scattered with English. This change already took place before Jooeun even appeared on the stage, simply because YSL’s commercial featured this fresh mysterious Asian face. And the thing that made onlookers most confident and excited in anticipation was the fact that Cha Jooeun had already ignited the Oriental Trend in North America. On top of that, the Asian influence was currently strong in the fashion world.

Kangjun and Minjung glanced at each other before turning around to head back inside the church. However, at this moment, they noticed 1 American man and 1 American woman squatting on the steps smoking. This wasn’t originally something to take note of, but Kangjun vaguely heard Jooeun’s name coming from their mouths.

“How much money did you get from them?”

“Those Asians were quite generous. I only told Gaby half of the real amount and he quickly agreed to give that Asian model a push on the runway today.”

Gaby!

Kangjun remembered this was the name of the male model that would be walking the runway with Jooeun.

So they want to push Jooeun on the runway?

A complicated expression appeared on Kangjun’s face. If Jooeun was to fall over on the international runway, her international career may possibly be over.

So why was this male model willing to accept money to ruin Jooeun? It was because of the current culture in the modeling industry. Male models were different from female models. Male models were mostly employed part-time and not many achieved much of status in the industry. On top of that, their appearance fees were minuscule in comparison to female models – especially male models that didn’t really stand out, like Gaby.

Since he was offered money, there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter