calling StepOneTwo

☺♫ Saranghae Review Shop ♫☺ [CLOSED-DO NOT REQUEST]

Changmin's Last Letter

Title (2/5)

It's a really interesting title. It made me pondering, but at the same time confused. I mean, why is the title 'Changmin's Last Letter'? I bet you are planning to show that to us with the element of surprise, showing Changmin's letter or something? However, I saw nothing revolving around his letter so I deducted a few points in here. I'm still waiting to know how and why the title is like that by the way.

 

Poster & Background & Trailer (9/10)

I love the poster! Just the font used in the name of 'Changmin' doesn't look fitting for the theme. Anyways, amazing poster. I love the color so much.

 

 Description & Foreword (9/10)

I find it a bit of a mind blowing description, with the question running in my mind why the heck Changmin wants to leave. Added with some sayings and quotes in the foreword, it was wonderful to read and fascinated me to the bones. Make Charlie Daniel's quotes in the same font and color with the other quotes and it'll look better because I don't understand why his is different.

I really love everything that you said in your story but there are some parts that I just don't understand. Your description or foreword didn't even talk about the meaning behind your title. I mean, it would be better if you gave us readers a little bit about your title in the description, maybe Changmin's letter.

Other than that, your words are great and well-written that it made me have the feeling of stiffness as I read.

 

 

 

Plot (8/10)
I am a sad/drama lover so of course I'm giving you high marks here. I deducted one because I think you lacked creativity in here. Things happened in other stories of other drama ers, so this was commonly used and predictable. But that's only in my opinion.

What I like about it is how TVXQ are together, waiting for Changmin to wake up and be saved. I love how they started to care for each other, how they cried because they were worried to death, how they love their maknae that they can't even sleep well. It was touching and also the fans, with a number more than Michael Jackson's fans when he died. Not just that, it happened at night and they were still (most of them) were still in their pajamas. I felt like crying while reading everything but too bad, I wasn't able to cry.

I remember reading your story last two or three weeks ago and I even finished the review but it disappeared after what happened to AFF. You might notice (if you have seen it earlier) that my review this time is shorter than it was earlier. So, back to the crying scenes, I couldn't cry but darn, I wanted to but instead I only felt my heart beating slowly. It's not scary but it sent shiver down my spine. That's what I felt, and tears won’t come out (that would be because I read this story while I was in the library, it would be embarrassing to cry there).

Now, I'm going to tell you about the story, the things that I think are overused.

Changmin was in a car accident, he was sent to the hospital, he didn't wake up and he might die and then finally, he died. It seems like he has a reason too and that it wasn't just an accident, but in your element of surprise (which I am not sure if that even exist) I think that in your future chapters, your story will be better and readers' mouth will sure drop open if they find out something later in your story, if it was really an accident, or where Changmin was heading to and why the title is about Changmin's letter.

Aside from that, I really love the relationship of TVXQ (JYJ) here. Yoochun's character is not very close with Yunho, I think that's interesting. Junsu, being shy or I don't know how he really acts but he does sound shy and afraid of Yunho, which is really cute and also because he is such a crybaby.

I don't understand the relationship between Changmin and Yunho, if they are just friends or they were lovers? Or just two people who secretly loved each other? Or do they just simply care for each other without any romantic feelings? Yunho and Jaejoong's moment is what strike me most. I don't know why, I just suddenly felt that way because they kissed. So, it's like they have some romantic feelings for each other huh? So, basically, this was a little bit confusing but it was sad and I love it that way.

 

Originality (5/10)

I always check sad ff's and angst ff's. But I only found yours when you asked for a review.

It wasn't original but I enjoyed reading it. I'm not so into cliché stories, but whether I like it or not, or if I stop myself, I just couldn't because I love this kind of stories.

Why is it not original? And why I think it is predictable? Well, because it is predictable then it is unoriginal.

How Changmin got into an accident, how a funeral was held, how Yunho became or turned as, how sad they all were...how the fans ran to the hospital and cried for them, encouraging them too, how Changmin simply died later, how the reason he wanted to leave in the first place wasn't told...it's overused.

Despite that, being it organized with 12 chapters only is fine so you didn't lose so many marks here. Who knows? Something else might come up in the next few chapters, am I right or wrong? I don't really know.

 

Flow (5/5)

Perfectly paced! I love it! Not much to say!

 

Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling/Vocabulary (25/30)

I found a few mistakes and even listed them but now it's gone. Most mistakes are with the punctuations and spelling. You also repeated a word somewhere, where there is this word in a sentence and another same word in the same sentence.  The tenses was fine, vocabulary was too although words can be better and deeper. The problem is I checked your story weeks ago and finished it at the same week so I couldn't find and pinpoint at the mistakes anymore. I hope others would do it or I hope you would check it yourself (if only I managed to get my first review for this story back). It's just that, I'm not the kind of reader who reread novels word to word, reason that I have read it intensely before (so not again). Except if I have to ;) But I am pretty sure I found some.

 

Even though there were a few or several mistakes (that I couldn't really point this time), I still loved how you write your story. I could feel the emotion Yunho was feeling, his sorrow and sadness, not just his feelings but of other's feelings too. Mostly it was his since he was the one talking; it was his point of view. 

 

Writing Style (9/10)

Use quotation mark  [" "] to represent a quoted or someone talking. I'm saying double quotation marks not single quotation mark. I know you have read books with single quotation mark, example is the novel 'Dark Heart Rising', the author wrote quotes in only single quotation mark. Basically, a single quotation mark is to enclose quoted material (or the titles of poems, stories, articles) within other quoted material: ex. "Katniss was nicknamed as 'Catnip' by Gale," Peeta said. But I guess, mostly in British or United States, they have different style.

Last thing is when you use two periods in a last sentence. If you want to make it emotional, three periods are enough but if not, then stick to one period. If you know what I mean.

 

Overall Enjoyment (9/10)

I really enjoyed your story even if it was cliché. I almost cried (but I didn't). It was just so touching, it cheered me up, and I felt happy reading it. I was happy I read it! I don't mean that the storyline itself is happy, it was sad!

 

Total Score: 81/100%

 

reviewed by: sususco123