calling nanachirisuu

☺♫ Saranghae Review Shop ♫☺ [CLOSED-DO NOT REQUEST]

 

A Cat's Love Story

Title (2/5)

The title is pretty self-explanatory and really straight-forward. It would be a title to capture my attention but I probably would not click on the story itself—simply because I already have an idea what it’s going to be about.

 

Poster & Background & Trailer (3/10)

Alright, so, I’m not exactly impressed with all three. The poster—I feel like it could have been just a bit better. I don’t feel the story when looking at the poster. I mean, it’s a really pretty poster and all but, where’s the story within the poster? It just looks like a nice poster.

 

The background is cute; probably the only thing I like.

 

The trailer—I’m not sure what to make of it. It’s really nice—I like how it was made and the clips being used, but there was really no point to the trailers. The first one was nice; it introduced the characters and all but I couldn’t find the storyline within the trailer. The second one…I don’t understand why there’s a second trailer when it’s just random clips. The whole point of a trailer is to give a more visual appeal to your story, and actually tease readers with what the story is about. I didn’t understand it. I only found them to be really cute.

 

Description & Foreword (5/10)

I feel confused when looking at this part of the section—even though you did label it, I still found it confusing.

 

The description—I don’t understand why I’m seeing a poster; it makes me want to pull my hair out because when browsing for a story to read, the description is present and if all I see is “…” then, I feel confused and I would most likely skip it. Below that is a really rhetorical question. Is that needed? No. Is it not obvious what the answer would be.

 

Then, there are the trailers and then we finally get to see the summary of the story. Why is it down there? In my honest opinion, I think the summary of a story should be right under the description. Why? Well, if it was there then it would be seen when one is browsing for a story, and they’ll be able to understand, a tiny bit, where you’re going with this story.

 

The last two things I see is character information and a character chart—which is another pulling-my-hair annoyance. There’s really no need for you to write a character information, or character chart because the whole point of a story is to write who is who and for you to tell us how the character is like. I don’t want to know first-hand that Nana is nerdy and she lacks confidence—which, by the way, is a really generic way to describe your character.

 

Plot (1/10)

The plot is very, very generic; one-sided love. Not that interesting and it’s just really predictable. This story really reminds me of the Korean drama, “Heartstrings.” Myungsoo likes Yunji, who is older than him, and Yunji being a ballet dancer. They go on a trip, Myungsoo and Hana falls in love—most of the events that happened in the story are exactly what happened in the drama. I couldn’t help but compare every scene.

 

Also, when Yunji leaves and understands it that Hana and Myungsoo like each other, I feel like you should have stopped with all of the drama and just try to get things sorted out with the love-triangle going on. Why are you going leave that mess and start a new one? There really is no need to be adding more fuel when you haven’t put one out yet.


Originality (1/10)

Generic plot means generic idea for the story. I didn’t find any originality—not even the main character was an original. The events you wrote into the story was really unrealistic—like how Nana was said to go and sleep with the boys (during the trip) because there were no other beds for her in the girl’s cabin(?). Even you said it couldn’t be possible so why write it in? What kind of teacher would get cabins that don’t have room for all of their students?

 

Also, this sounds almost alike the first story I reviewed on this site—it had the same Infinite member as you and it was pretty much the same thing: one-sided-love-turned-into-actual-love.

 

 

 

Flow (2/5)

Alright, so you’re already into 40-plus chapters and the two mains haven’t really done much with each other, except kiss. What exactly are you waiting for to make them be a couple? Okay, maybe I can understand the wait but this is exactly what I mean in the plot. Yunji is gone, now just fix the love-triangle and then once that’s done, the mains should (already) be together. But I have to admit, I don’t feel any chemistry between the two. I feel confused with what their feelings are for each other. Sure, it seems like they have feelings each other but… where’s the love-feeling in it all?

 


Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling/Vocabulary (30/30)

 I couldn’t find any errors—I’m quite impressed, actually.

 

Writing Style (9/10)

The writing style is pretty nice. The only complaint I would have to say is: Please do not provide a picture within a chapter. There is no need to do that because you write to describe a setting/object, not provide a picture (link).

 


Overall Enjoyment (4/10)

My overall enjoyment on this story—I didn’t enjoy it as much because it was really generic. I can already predict what is going to happen at the end of the story so I have no anticipation. Also, this story was too cute—not exactly a good thing—and too cliché. I’ve never read such a fluffy story before—and I mean this story is like over-the-top fluff. I’d like to see some angst when Hana is mad at Myungsoo, not just she sees him talking to a girl, gets mad and runs away then Myungsoo finds her and they just suddenly make-up. Where’s her rage? Where are her feelings? It was just all fluff.

 

I would just suggest you try making the scenes when she’s mad/sad at Myungsoo more serious. I couldn’t find the scenes serious because they would either make-up, or it would be awkward right away.

 

I think the only thing I like about this story was how you decided to write the first 30 chapters in Nana’s point of view, and then the rest will be in Myungsoo’s point of view. It’s something I don’t see every day on this site because everyone likes having their point of view change every 2 sentence. So, thank you for that!

 

Anyways, this story was too fluffy—good luck on your chapters!

 


Total – 57/100

 

Reviewer: vangbby
sorry for taking so long on this review; I had it done 2 days ago but I got distracted over the weekend lol
Guys, please do not forget to put the review on your story, or link the review back here n__n