calling elf_verl

☺♫ Saranghae Review Shop ♫☺ [CLOSED-DO NOT REQUEST]

The Many Faces of Love

 

Title (2/5)
I don’t see the resemblance it has to your story—how does it symbolize your story? A title like yours should be a story that actually deciphers it! I was expecting chapters full of the many faces of love—like a chapter that shows how love can be deceiving, or something to that content. Rather, your story says nothing about it—no resemblance.

Poster & Background & Trailer (1/10)
The poster is really amateurish—it makes your story look bad—because when I clicked on this story and saw the poster, I was thinking that this was going to be a horribly-written story, which I was wrong. There are other betterposter shops here that can make you an outstanding poster. The one you have doesn’t impress me and it’s amateurishly made. A poster shop I would suggest is this one or this one.

The background is okay.

Description & Foreword (1/10)
I don’t get your description—it doesn’t give me an idea of what your story is about other than the quote shown. Why do you have the welcome (user’s name)? I would probably write that under the foreword, on the bottom with the author’s note. It’s not necessary and it just… I don’t even know. The last part of your description isn’t exactly necessary either—it’s random and I don’t get what it has to do with your description. In my honest opinion, a description should contain a short summary of your story—not a summary that reveals what your story is about but a summary that gives your reader a small insight of it.

The foreword is not to my liking because it’s not a foreword at all. I’m going to guess what you wrote in the foreword is supposedly your author’s note which should not be the only thing present! The foreword is called a foreword for a reason; a foreword should contain a prologue, excerpt or a quote that is relevant to your story! I hate reading forewords that has nothing but information that is not important.

 

Plot (3/10)
I somewhat like the plot but on the other hand, I don’t—I’m confused, to be honest. What I’m getting from the story is OC losing her parents, she lives with her aunt, she meets her “brothers” who seem to have a significant role in the story but you mention nothing about them in the foreword, and so on… I don’t know. I’m not sure what you’re writing though I am curious, I just don’t understand the plot—to which I’m going to recall about your title. I mean, I can do see a bit of resemblance because of Heechul and Yonni’s relationship but other than that, nothing.

Also, I may not know each member of Super Junior but from the looks of it on your poster, I don’t see Leetuek appearing in the story. Why put him on your poster when he hasn’t made an appearance yet? A late character appearance has no significant role. I feel like Heechul, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun should be present on that poster rather than Leetuek and Sungmin.


Originality (9/10)
Most orphan plots are really cliché and it involves the OC meeting the idol because of some incident—I find your story to be different but because of the confusing plot, I’m taking off one point.

Flow (4/5)
The flow isn’t bad. I just wished the title was named differently because it bugs me that the first few chapters are just flashbacks.


Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling/Vocabulary (28/30)
There are minor errors but it’s nothing too bad.

The only thing that bugs me is when you decide to make a break point—change to a different scene in your chapters. You add this “^~^~^” in and you make it last forever! It stretches the page out and it really throws me off. Something that looks like what I copied and pasted would be fine!

 

Writing Style (10/10)
Despite the confusing plot, I actually like your writing.


Overall Enjoyment (5/10)
The confusing plot, the insignificant roles you gave Heechul, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun makes me really unhappy. Those three have more presence in your story than the two you have shown in the poster and it’s misleading.

The only thing I like about this story is the chemistry between Yonni and Kyuhyun—which I really feel like they should be the mains. But unfortunately, it looks like KyuHyun is just a side character.


Total – 63/100

Reviewer: vangbby