calling 8symmetrical8

☺♫ Saranghae Review Shop ♫☺ [CLOSED-DO NOT REQUEST]

 

Angels and Demons: Those With Wings
(R/N: prettyflowergirl had gotten started on the review but couldn't finish. Categories in this color is by prettyflowergirl.)

Title (3.5/5)
I apologize if this seems to be a low rating, but I will offer reasoning as to why I didn’t give you any higher than three. The title is what catches the reader as it summarizes the entire story into a few words, but also adds some creativity. “Angels and Demons: Those with Wings” summarizes the story in a sense, as you mention in the first chapter the wings. The creativity is there as well, but you could’ve given it a little more effort. Angels and Demons Those With Wings doesn’t really explain 100% what the story is about, because all you’ve stated is there are angels and demons…and someone has wings.

 

Poster & Background & Trailer (8/10)
The background and poster are simple and they match. Though the layout of the actual graphic cover could’ve improved a little (sorry, I’m a graphic creator on AFF, and my taste is very picky) it’s simple and very much easy on the eye.

Description & Foreword (6/10)
Already I’m spotting some mixed up words and confusing sentences. You didn’t use some words as they should be used, below is an example:

Have you ever pondered of Heaven and Hell? I'm sure you have. And, more likely than not, you believe that your actions in this life affect your standing in the next one.

And here are the corrections I would make: Have you ever pondered of Heaven and Hell? 

  • Of or pondered should be changed. If you change pondered it would be Have you ever thought of Heaven and Hell? It makes more sense.
  • If you changed of, or added on to it, it would look like this: Have you ever pondered on the idea of Heaven and Hell?



This next sentence is grammatically and the facts are kind of wrong.

Here’s something you need to know concerning the second sentence. Heaven and Hell/the next life don’t co-respond. I know you probably mean that what you do on earth affects whether you go to heaven or hell, but you’ve worded it as if there’s a heaven and earth AND next life (another word for this is re-incarnation). Let me say, that either there’s a heaven or hell, or next life, because they don’t exist in the same world. I will explain.

The only two that co-respond according to some religious believes are heaven, otherwise known as Nirvana, and your next life. It was believed that a man or women must hit perfection and after doing so, they would be taken to “Heaven” or Nirvana (I took religion, I’m not one hundred percent sure if the word for heaven for them was Nirvana, but it was somewhere along the lines). There, in this religion, is no hell.

Christianity believes in a heaven and hell.

I'm sure you have. And, more likely than not, you believe that your actions in this life affect your standing in the next one.

 

The foreword—it's too "wordy". I found it hard to figure out what the story was about. The description/foreword is there to grab the readers, sometimes if there is too much description a reader won't bother to read the story.

 

Plot (10/10)
I love the plot—it’s different and I feel like you’re giving me information that is real and not just something you made up.

 

Originality (10/10)
Definitely an original—one of the best angel/demon story I’ve read on this site.

Flow (5/5)
The flow is fine.


Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling/Vocabulary (30/30)
I couldn’t find any—so full points!

 

Writing Style (10/10)
As I’ve said before, I love your writing style! It’s definitely a style I envy!

 


Overall Enjoyment (8/10)
Seeing that this was a U-KISS story, I really enjoyed what I read. It’s different, it’s unique and it’s full of angst—I love angst! The twists and turns you have make me hungry for more! The only complaint I would have is that this story is very detailed so it was kind of hard to focus on what I was reading but other than that, I loved it!


Total – 90.5/100

Reviewer: prettyflowergirl & vangbby