The One/ JB, OC (Part 2)

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hannah’s POV

I woke up to the sound of machine beeping next to me. I opened my eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the light. I looked beside me to find Hyeri. She was sleeping on the chair, she looked tired and I felt bad for her.

Hyeri was more than a friend, she was a sister, which I was going to leave soon too.

“You woke up?” Hyeri snapped, from her sleep when she noticed my movement.

“You should sleep more.” I said, weakly. My head was still hurting me, but it was better than before. “Go home and have some sleep.”

She nodded, smiling before grabbing her chair and sitting next to me. She held my hand and started to caress my hair. “I will, but let me stay with you a little more.”

I couldn’t force her to go home. I knew how stubborn she was.

“Jaebum called me.” She said, her voice was low as she looked at our hands. And my heart started to beat so fast. “He asked me if it was true.”

“And what did you tell?” I asked, worriedly. I feared that she told him the truth.

Jaebum should never know.

“I told him that you were so sorry.” Hyeri said and you sighed in relief. Your friend lied as well. “Why did you do this?”

“I can’t let him see me die.” I said, my eyes started watering. “I can’t, Hyeri.”

“But you are killing him now, Hannah.” Heyri said with a warm voice. “And you aren’t going to die, Hannah….”

She said, but I knew that she didn’t believe what she just said. I also didn’t believe that.

“At least, make him know that you truly loved him.”  She sighed.

“I want him to be happy, he won’t be with me.” I gulped my tears. “Let him be happy… don’t tell him, please.”

She nodded, “I won’t. It’s your decision, Hannah.”

“Thank you.” I tightened my grip around her hands, closing my eyes. I needed to sleep, myself. My head was aching and so was my heart.

Maybe sleeping would make it better, for me.

When you sleep, you feel nothing, no pain, no hurt, nothing.

And I wanted to sleep, just to sleep and never see the pain in both my and his heart.

***

2 Years ago 

I saw him in front of me, after I finished my song. My heart kept beating rapidly in my chest. He appeared in front of me like a knight. He had a cute eyes smile with a sharp featured, he was handsome. It took me a moment to thank him for his support.

“You play well.”

I didn’t know before that three simple words could make your heart beat as if you were running a marathon. It was a strange feeling, I gulped and looked down at my hands.

You don’t even know him. I scolded myself. Get a hold, Hannah!

“Hannah!” She was always my savior. She saved me from the awkwardness and my beating heart. Hyeri, she knew when to appear exactly. She had a good-timing.

We watched him leave and I resisted the urge to call him. I didn’t even know his name. I felt sad.

Hyeri noticed the disappointed in my eyes as she patted my shoulder. “Did you notice?”

I looked at her questioning. “What?” I didn’t get caught, did I?

“He is interested in you.” Hyeri said and my cheeks became hot, I could feel the hotness creeping into all my body parts.

“Don’t say nonsense.” I pushed her slightly. She only moved an inch away from me. “He said he was a fan.”

“A fan who likes you, same difference…” She rolled her eyes. “I’m pretty sure he had an eye on you.”  

“You have a great imagination, Hyeri.” I said, returning back to the piano keys.

Hyeri shook her head and lifted up my chin to look at her. “He will come looking for you, tomorrow.”

“How did you know?” I asked, excited without realizing. She smirked as she said, “Hyeri knows best!”

I pouted. She was teasing me, she knew nothing.

However….

The next day, he really came and sat at the same table he was sitting at before. I watched him from far, unable to believe my eyes. His eyes started to scan the place and I found myself hiding behind the wall.

A hand dropped over my shoulder, making me jump from my place. I looked up to find Hyeri, grinning at me. “Who are you hiding from? Could it be me?”

“He’s here.” I hissed.

“Who?” Hyeri took a second before figuring out who I was talking about, she smirked as she tilted her head to the side to see him, picking a look. I pulled her next to me hiding her as well.

“I told you!” She said. “He likes you… Why are you hiding?”

“I don’t know.” I didn’t know anything except that my heart was hammering in my chest. Loud, loud enough for me to hear it.

“By any chance, do you-“

“I don’t like him. It can’t be… I just met him yesterday!” I said quickly, rushing my words as if I wanted to believe them, but I couldn’t.

Hyeri looked at me with eyebrows raised. “I didn’t say anything about liking him.”

“You did!” she didn’t. She caught me.

I cleared my throat and gave her a look. “What were you about to say then?”

“By any chance, do you find him cute? Because I do.” She smiled and I glared at her which only made her smile widening.

Hyeri knows best!

 

***

Narrator’s POV

 

Starting her therapy for two weeks, Hannah felt like all of this was a waste of time and money. She was dying soon, so why going through all of this. She was only doing it for Hyeri who cried every day when she was in a pain or feeling sick. And her family who sent money, telling her that she should get better no matter what.

She wanted to give up, there was no meaning in getting better anyway.

Hannah looked at herself in the mirror to find someone she couldn’t recognize. She wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter