Love Again/ Mark, You (Part 4)

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Sequel of 'The last time' Ch. 2, 'Meeting again" Ch. 50 and Part 2 of 'Love again' Ch. 68, 70, 75

Can love build again inside us after we were badly hurt?

Can betrayal be easily forgiven?

Can heart be repaired or fixed with the same thing that hurt it?

The worst thing anyone could feel is confusion. When all of your feelings get mixed and you don't know what you should do. And if you gave in would that be any good for you or moving on to something new was better.

Your mind was fighting your heart with a lot of thoughts, because you had decided to make everything clear with Mark. You wanted to settle your feelings in their right place.

"If you make a mistake than once, it's a decision."

This quote kept repeating in your mind. This was the reason why you left in the first place.

You could have forgiven Mark like you had done many times before. But this sentence increased many pains in your heart that you were trying hard to hide for your own relationship. You just loved him too much and leaving him scared you until you did.

That night after your best friends left, you had a hard time sleeping. Your mind was working like a clock without stopping. Your heart was beating with every decision you were putting in your mind.

You were afraid, at the same time, you feared nothing. It was all about your life and nobody else.  

 

The summer was getting closer, but that morning was so cold.

It was 6 am when you woke up, welcoming by the cold once you were out of your bed. That day was going to be one of the longest days in your life. A whole day working with Mark and only Mark. A day to declare your true feelings.

Can this love work again? You thought as you finished getting ready for the new day with a new task of work.

Your phone that was on the night stand started to vibrate when you were putting your last touch, your earring.

You held the phone and opened the line without looking at who was calling. You put the phone between your shoulder and ear as you were working on the other ear, putting on your other earring.  

"Hello, Y/N is taking."

"I know." A familiar voice said. A voice that had been a long time since you heard through the phone.

You felt your heart skip a few beats. "Ah! Mark."

"Are you ready?" He asked and you looked over the clock that was hanging on your wall. It was exactly 7 o'clock.

Since when were you on time?

You remembered him letting you wait at least an hour before showing up and then he would apologize to you, but kept on repeating on doing the same thing.

Repeating the same thing.

Your last 6 months together with him was nothing but a heartbreaking for you. Repeating the same thing

"Give me more time." You said. "5 minutes and I will be there."

"I will be waiting." he said and murmured the last sentence. "I will always be waiting for you."

"Don't!" You said immediately. It was out of your mouth without thinking about it, so you corrected yourself quickly. "I mean it's just 5 minutes. I'm not going to let you wait. Do you have a car or should I call a taxi?"

"I have Mollie." Mark said and you recognized the name. It was Mark's red KIA soul, his second girlfriend. Which was his only girlfriend now.

"Aaah, okay. See you in 5 minutes then." You hang up, feeling your heart aching. Everything was still the same except the fact that you two were no longer together.

***

Patiently Mark was waiting for you in his Mollie. He was nervous and anxious. He knew Jackson was supposed to have visited you the day before. But he didn't know what happened between you or have you agreed to give another chance or not.

He was waiting to see you. To be alone with you again after all these years.  He was planning on asking you out again, asking to return back to him again, after the end of your schedule.

He wanted you back.

Holding your sight, coming out of your building, Mark got out of the car and walked to your side and opened the door for you.

"Good morning." Mark greeted.

You coldly got in the car without even meeting up with his eyes. He shrugged, turning back to the driver side.

"Did you have breakfast?" Mark asked, turning on Mollie's engine and started to move.

"Hmm." You hummed and nodded slightly. The only thing that had entered your mouth was your daily morning coffee. Except for that you didn't eat anything.

"I haven't eaten breakfast yet." Mark said, glancing at you for any reaction or reply. You were sitting next to him as if you weren't there. You were looking through the window and ignoring his presence when suddenly your stomach groaned.

"Aah, I guess we have to stop for some food first."

You closed your eyes tightly, cursing under your breath, embarrassed about what just had happened. You cleared your throat and straightened your back on the chair.

Mark smiled, seeing the slight blush on your face. He knew how you act when you were embarrassed about something and every time he found it cute.

He hoped that he could melt the ice wall between you and him. The wall that was built by him. Regret was a small word of how he really felt. He knew very well that he didn't deserve forgiveness or even your love.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked, breaking the silence once more.

"I don't want to eat." You furrowed your eyebrow in annoyance as you just hoped he would drive in silence.  

"Burger? Pizza? Cheese? You love cheese." Mark kept glancing at you from time to time, recommending many types of food.

"I'm fine. Can you keep quiet?" You spat. "Just drive, please."

Mark bit his lips and looked astonished. "Uh! Driving, of course." He nodded bitterly.

Mark couldn't keep quiet for more than 5 minutes until he began talking again. "Y/N, I'm sorry for--"

"Mark, we are together now because of work. But I never wished to be with you. Not even one minute." You said before closing your eyes.

"Ouch! That hurt." He said and you scoffed.

As if you didn't hurt me before.

Mark reached his hand to the car's audio system as he started the music in his playlist.

You clenched your hands when you recognized this song that started to play. A song that was called before Our Song. A song that carried a lot of memories between the two of you. This was the song he sang when he confessed his love for you. The song that you two had performed together once in one of your college festival.  

"Do you remember this song?" He asked and you sighed, trying hard not to overreact over a song. "You sang it well back then."

All you could do was reaching your hand out and shutting off the playlist.

"Why did you close it? I love this song." He opened it again and you bit your lips, clenching your fist hard.

Irresponsible person

You put your headphones on as you played your own playlist as loud as you could. You isolated yourself from the outside world as you closed your eyes, enjoying the wind breeze and the early sunlight.

You only opened your eyes again when the car suddenly stopped moving. Mark got out of the car and you watched him entering the supermarket.

Getting your headphones out of your ears, you sighed.

You didn't know how you would start talking with him without feeling hurt. It was hard to even look at him. Whenever he smiled at you, you wanted to wrap him in your arms and tell him how much you missed him.

Your phone rang, snapping you out of your thoughts. Seeing who was calling you picked up without second thought.

"Good morning Y/N." Hoseok said, brightly.

"Good morning, Hoseok."

"Did you meet up with him yet?"

"Yeah." You breathed out.

"Is he next to you?" Hoseok asked.

"No, he went to buy something."

You imagined Hoseok nodding as there was no response except for his breathing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter