Drunk in love / JB

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Word count: 2.5K 

Genre: Angst! More Angst and more angst! 

Plot: Something along that no one got to be loved by the people they love!

 

The restaurant was a traditional one where you go to eat the rice cake and grab some noodles with sujo and beer.

A friend of yours whom you hadn't seen in years called and invited you to a gathering. The gathering of B-boy club of K- high school, K-crew.

After high school, you moved to Australia right away. You haven't even got to say goodbye to your crew. And here you were. A few steps away from seeing them again.

There they were at one of the corners. Jackson, Momo, and Jinyoung were looking at Jaebum who looked like he was already drunk.

"What's wrong with him?" You asked and the three sober ones looked at you with wide eyes.

Momo jumped with tears in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around you, hugging you tightly like a puppy clenching to his owner. "Unni! I missed you." She wiped away a tear that has dropped on her right cheek.

You smiled warmly as you patted her head. "I missed you too, Momo."

"Our Juliet is finally here," Jackson exclaimed, cheerfully. "Our best female dancer."

"The noisiest human being on earth." You teased and he frowned, but it disappeared right away replaced with a bright smile.

"Oh! you are here." Jinyoung, the one who kept in contact with you even after not seeing each other for five years, said with a welcoming smile. He was the one who invited you. The one who waited for you in the airport and the one who was basically taking care of you while living alone. He was your best friend.

"Yes." You said, taking a seat next to him. His smile never disappeared. Opposite to you, Jaebum was so drunk he couldn't even greet you. You doubted he noticed your presence. "What's his deal? Is the party over?"

"Our Romeo broke up with Sorim," Jackson said and Jaebum suddenly snapped out, tears streaming from his eyes.

 

"Don't say her name!"

"They were still dating?" You raised an eyebrow as you were fascinated by how much Jaebum loved Sorim.

"They broke up like 5 times already. They will get back together again." Momo said, shrugging.

"No, this time is different. Sorim got a boyfriend."

"DON'T SAY HER NAME!" Jaebum screamed, before passing out on the table.

"He is a mess." Jinyoung narrowed his eyes as he shook his head in disagreement.

However, you kept staring at the drunk young man in front of you. It was a little sad that he didn't greet you, but you probably felt sorry for him

You remembered back in the days when he asked you to get close to Sorim because he had a crush on her. He made you ask her about her favorite song, color, food, hobbies and then report it back to him.

Back then, you were so close to Jaebum. He was the one you had known since you were ten. You become closer to Jinyoung after Jaebum started dating Sorim. Basically, she was uncomfortable was you being around him. So he kept his distance. He only called you when there was an event in the club or a competition and only saw the crew.

You had to admit you were greatly hurt by him. Especially that you had a crush on him since middle school. You pushed it all aside, swallowed the pain yourself and buried your feelings inside of you.

There was no use of useless, hopeless feelings.

Especially you knew how much Jaebum loved Sorim

Of course, now things were different. You just got back from Australia after studying music. Jaebum was an idol with many of people loved him.

It was time to go. Jackson and Momo offered to take care of Jaebum who was completely drunk. He fell asleep with tears on his cheeks. You hardened your gaze as you watched Jackson sliding himself underneath jaebum’s arm to carry him while Momo slid herself under the other arm sharing his weight.

“Will he be okay?” You asked, concerned after Jackson, Momo, and Jaebum left.

“Don’t worry.” Jinyoung smiled as he helped you to carry your bag. You smiled back, shaking your head. Jinyoung was always trying to be a gentleman with you. “I will take you home.”

“Both of us can’t drive anyway.” You said a matter of factly. Both of you didn’t drink much, but you still drank a couple of glasses or more. “Would you like to have a walk?”

Jinyoung’s smile brightened as he said, “I would love to.”

You just chuckled, as you followed Jinyoung out of the restaurant. It was night time, so streets were filled with unnatural lights. The air was not as cold as you expect it to be. With the spring on doors, the air was damp but refreshing, filling up your lungs.

Beside you, Jinyoung was trying to match up with your steps when you decided to play along. Both of you laughed when you messed up the game. It reminded you of the first year in high school. The first time you got to Jinyoung. Both of you were walking home when you noticed that the cute boy in your class was actually matching his steps with yours. Back then, you didn’t stop him but played along. Just like what you did today.

“It is nice to have you around again.” Jinyoung smiled, rubbing the back of his neck. You tried not to laugh as you noticed the faint of blush on his cheeks.

“I always make a difference.” You said arrogantly, flipping your hair over your shoulder. “You should be thankful that you have a friend like me.”

“I think it is you who should be thankful.” Jinyoung protested, but his smile never disappeared. “I am basically adopting you into my family.”

You nodded in agreement. However, something inside of you was itching. You couldn’t stop thinking about how broken Jaebum looked like. You remembered how happy he looked with Sorim before leaving. That happy look he had when he was with someone else and not you.

It was a little sad that he got drunk before your arrival. You were most excited to meet him today and talk to him again.

“You are disappointed right?” You didn’t notice that you spaced out until Jinyoung talked to you.

“Why would I be?” You smiled, nervously, scared that Jinyoung would assume you still had feelings for Jaebum. “It’s totally fine. I understand that he was heartbroken. Jaebum really loves Sorim. I hope things will be better for them.”

“I wasn’t talking about Jaebum,” Jinyoung said and you felt the heat rushing to your cheeks. It would be better if the ground swallowed you alive. Jinyoung found it a chance to tease you. “You were disappointed because of him?”

“Shut up!” You blushed madly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter