Our sin| Jungkook FINALE

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are nervous?” Minju teased Jungkook as she kicked his shin under the table, sipping from her ice vanilla latte.

Jungkook eye sided the man who was standing behind the counter and who also happened to be the same guy they met in the market and told them about the friend who decided to run away leaving everything behind. The man was watching them with narrowed eyes as if he was analyzing them carefully.

“He is watching us.” Jungkook sighed as he took a sip of his americano.

“Who?” Minju turned half of her body and looked over her shoulder to find who’s Jungkook talking about. She smiled at him, waving in his direction which she received a response of widening eyes and reddening cheeks out of embarrassment. “It seems like she made a few new friendships. Also seems like you have a competition.” She grinned at Jungkook, shrugging her shoulders.

“This isn’t funny.” Jungkook frowned at her as he looked at the huge window they were sitting next to. Jungkook insisted to sit there so he could watch the streets and wait for your arrival.

“Hey, Minju, I want to apologize for what I did. I am greatly sorry.”

Minju stopped in her place as she places the cup of coffee over the table before meeting her ex-boyfriend's eyes. “I am not the person you should apologize to. In fact, I also should apologize to her. I acted selfishly and it’s just so messed up.”

“Maybe we should have kept our promise not to date each other. It is us who started this mess. We both knew how Y/N was feeling but then...” Jungkook spoke softly as he watched Minju carefully. They both know better than to play victims.

“It’s too late for that. Just let me ask you one last time because I will never allow you to hurt Y/N in any way possible. I will haunt you down Jungkook and I will make you regret the day you thought you can hurt her again; do you really love her?”

“At first I was confused. I was deeply hurt when you decided that our relationship was not what you wanted and left me. I was hurt so badly and the only one who could assure me that everything was good, that you just did not decide to end everything we have was Y/N. She was there for me all the time. I knew her feelings towards me. I knew that she could do anything for me, but then I realized I would do the same thing for her.

“I realized that whenever something would happen in my life, I would go to her for solutions or comfort. She never complained and always listened. She gave me love, much greater than anyone could give. And I now know I did not deserve any of it. I do not deserve her. I just want her to know that I am so sorry. I used her and became a coward to hold on to her responsibilities. When she needed me the most, I once again, betrayed her love and chased after you.”

By the time, Jungkook finished his speech, Minju had tears in her eyes. Jungkook’s fist was tightened that his knuckles turned white. They both had failed their friendship. And if Y/N decided not to forgive them, she had all the right to do so.

Clearing , Minju said, “We both don’t deserve her.”

There was a question hung there in Minju’s mind. She could see how much Jungkook loved Y/N, even though he realized it so late. She wanted to know if Jungkook ever loved her, or was he too scared of the love Y/N gave that he decided to avoid it? However, she would never know. It was too late to ask and it wasn’t the right time to shift the attention back to her. She should have realized when she left him, it was her who broke that little thread between their friendship.  

Hours passed, kids started to run out of the school, walking back to their homes. Jungkook’s heart skipped a beat when he spotted you.

You had the brightest smile on your face. A smile that he had not seen in so long. A smile he didn’t know that he missed so much. He kept watching her as she said goodbye to her student, before walking toward the coffee shop. She looked up and her smile disappeared when she met his eyes. Jungkook’s heart dropped. His heart ached as she looked away before entering the building.

The coffee shop was on the second floor of a small building. So, when she appeared on the stairs, jungkook’s heart started to beat so fast, he felt like it was going to explode. The moment he was thinking about for days, weeks, months, years, was finally here.

She was there.

He was here.

It was just a few seconds and meters away from facing each other again.

Throwing a small smile at the man who had been watching them the whole time, he returned the smile with a raised eyebrow and a wink. They acknowledged each other’s presence and Jungkook found himself hating the man even more. He was already getting on his nerve with his eyes that were watching them like CCTV.

Now he could not stand him.

“Here,” Minju said, waving at Y/N, who walked over and took a seat on the third side of the squared table.

Silence filled the place, as you refused to speak. Waiting for them to say what they wanted from you. You could feel Jungkook’s eyes on you, but you refused to give him the satisfaction of eye contact. You did not want to look at him. You were scared your heart would do that flip that it did whenever your eyes fall on jungkook. You refused to humiliate yourself again.

“Should I order you coffee?” Minju started, trying to break the awkward silence.

At that moment, the gentleman appeared with a tray and a glass of juice over it. He put the glass in front of Y/N, before saying “She doesn’t drink coffee. Are they really your friends?” He looked at Y/N for confirmation. She gave him a small smile before touching his forearm.

The gesture was so intimate, so gentle that Jungkook’s heart could be heard shattering in its place. Minju was right. He could be too late to get Y/N back.

“Thank you, Dojoon-shi” your smile was so warm.

He smiled back as he said, “If there is anything, I can help you with, call me.” you nodded before he walked away, and you returned your gaze to the table that was now filled with your glass of juice beside, jungkook’s black coffee and Minju’s ice vanilla latte.  

You did not have to ask to know their drinks. They always order the same thing.

They both have an extreme taste. Jungkook goes for bitter drinks and Minju’s drink could give you diabetes. You did not like both, you preferred, water or natural juices. However, when one of them, ordered your drink, they would give you coffee with milk. They never asked if you liked it or not, they just assumed you do. And you never complained and drink it, resulting in you not able to sleep the whole night.

“You don’t drink coffee?” Minju asked confused.

You nodded, as you reached for the glass of juice. “I cannot sleep at night when I drink coffee.”

“But you always drink the coffee we order for you,” Minju said, annoyance appearing in her voice.

“It’s a waste of money, to throw it away. Plus, you never bothered to ask if I like coffee or not. You just got it for me.”

“Everyone loves coffee. I assumed you do too.”

You gave her a small sad smile. They assumed and acted upon their assumption. That what they always did.

“Anyway, why are you here?” You asked, still refusing to look at Jungkook.

“Because of him.” Minju nodded towards Jungkook. “He went crazy after you left.”

“Like he went crazy when you left.” You comment in which you got a response from Jungkook for the first time.

“I didn’t.” He said, softly. “I didn’t go crazy when Minju’s left.”

“Anyway, I think you should leave.” You said, dismissing his words. As if he didn’t speak at all, still refusing to look at him. “This is all over; it had been three years now. It’s over. I found a new life here. I am happy.”  

“Are you dating him?” For the first time, you glanced at Jungkook and you wished you didn’t.

You had not seen that much sadness in his eyes before. He looked as if someone broke his soul and left him like an empty vessel.

It took you a while until you realized who was ‘him’ he was talking about.

You side glanced at Dojoon to find him glancing back at you. When he caught your eyes, he gave you a bright smile, that made you smile back. If you had met Dojoon before all of this, you would have definitely fallen in love with his innocent smile and manly appearance. He was someone so charming that any girl could fall in love with. But this girl is not you.

That small smile exchange, made Jungkook think otherwise as he said, “I see.” His voice choked as he took a deep breath, enough to make his lungs burn with the air filling them. “I wish you happiness, Y/N. I wanted to apologize for what happened between us.”

“You had already, apologized.” You said in a small voice. “This will not erase what happened and differently will not make me heal easily.”

“I wanted to apologize too.” You said, glancing at both of your childhood frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter