That Time/ Chanyeol, you (Part 3)

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part one and two chapter 92 and 93

Enjoy reading ;)

 

"Will I let you go?"

You choked on your own saliva, coughing, you looked up at him and gave him surprised smile. “What?”

“Well, you are Charming after all.” Yongguk said in a flirting voice. “Cute and beautiful, not to mention, talented. Perfect type of girls.”

Blushing you shook your head in disagreeing, “No, no. I’m not and…” you sighed, giving him a sad look. “This is hard. To be honest, I can’t.”

Yongguk chuckled, lowering his head to hide his smile or the pain in his eyes. “What a shame. I’m dumped.”

“I’m sorry.” You said, giving him an apologized look.

“No, it’s okay.” He said smiling warmly at you. “Just don’t let your fear blind you of your true feelings. It’s not bad to take this adventure of love.”

“Huh?” You looked at him blankly.

He chuckled, “Why don’t you stop him from leaving this time?” He winked at you before walking off.

Looking everywhere around the party Chanyeol was nowhere to be found. You felt your breath, tightened as you feared of not seeing him again. Not after two years from not seeing each other. You wanted to be honest for the first time.

Spotting Sehun and Beakhyun, you took a jog toward them almost tripped on your steps. “Hey, guys.”

“Ah Noona.” Sehun smiled and Baekhyun waved at you. “Why aren’t you with your sister?”

Ignoring his question, you returned it with another question. “Where’s Chanyeol?”

“I don’t know.” Baekhyung shrugged and looked at Sehun. “You?”

“Have no idea.”

Your lips twisted as you kept with your searching, but there was no sight of him. Feeling yourself about to cry again, you let out a heavy breath. Your head was looking in all directions for any glimpse of him but he disappeared.

 

~~

3 years ago

August - Tuesday, 4:16 PM

In Starbucks.

Lately, Chanyeol had been cautioning  around you, as if he was trying to grow a distance. When you called him, he would always make an excuse: that he was busy with his practice. When you visited him at the dorm he wouldn’t be there or even worse; sleeping.

The act he was showing around you, made things clear that he was avoiding you and trying to drift himself away. You couldn’t deny that this hurt you, but you bit your lips and kept it down, watching him go away. Knowing that later he would come and apologize to you and even treat you to a delicious Ice cream, like he always did. But some fear inside of you, told you that this time he wouldn’t.

You thought it was for the best, since you were going to leave soon.

Scratching the words that you wrote earlier in your notebook, frustrated. You sighed, running a hand through your hair, putting it to the side. Stress had been controlling your mind since the acceptance letter that you had been enrolled in one of the biggest music school in the U.S, arrived.

You were going to leave in a few days, but you didn’t get the chance to tell Chanyeol yet. A lot of questions had occupied your mind, like would he care? He was already making distance, so it shouldn’t make any difference, right?

Putting your hands in your palms, you wanted to scream except that you didn’t want the people around you, think that you were some psycho kid, having some coffee in the early morning.

Jingle sounded, announcing new customer. Normally you wouldn’t care, but that familiar laughter that you heard, made your neck snapped up to confirm that voice. But the sight was a bit unpleasing as you felt a sting in your heart. There was this smiling girl who was laughing too, along with Chanyeol as if they were… dating.

The girl kept leaning to Chanyeol, slapping his arm playfully. “You are silly.” She said, her voice was a little too high so every corner of the café came to hear her.

The idea of Chanyeol flirting with another girl never crossed your mind and all of sudden you felt the ground beneath you shaking as your mind went dizzy. A burning feeling raised in your chest as your eyes glued at the happy couple.

Couple? You scoffed, thinking how the idea was so silly. The girl never looked so special for her to be with him. Her skirt was just a little bit too high and it stuck on her curves perfectly. Her face was filled with makeup as if she was a doll, not a human being. You slapped yourself inwardly, hating the idea of you getting jealous.

Jealous? He hopes for it. Despite your thoughts, you were burning inside. You never thought you would feel jealous over Chanyeol, because you thought he would only look at you and care for only you. You were his Cinderella after all.

Who rejected him, many times? Good for you, Y/N.

Your heart stuck in your throat when Chanyeol’s eyes fell over you. You smiled and waved at him nonchalantly, expecting him to do the same or even, greeted you as he always did when you appear in front of him; warping his hands around you and tell you how much he missed you.

But he looked away, as if he didn’t know you in the first place. As if you weren’t best friend and knew each other’s secrets, as if you knew every bad habit of the other, as if you were strangers.

You looked at your legs, trying to find where had your heart dropped. The shock stopped your thinking systems as you hurried to collect your stuff and go away. You wouldn’t bear to see Chanyeol having fun with his date. Reaching for your notebook, your hand were shaking that you didn’t notice the glass that was at the edge of your table.

It fell over the ground and cracked into small pieces.

You jumped slightly, looking at the shattered glass beneath you. You wondered if you opened your chest and looked at your heart, would it be shattered like those pieces of glasses. Would it look as pitiful as how those looked, wet with what remain with them? The glass with water while you with feelings.

“Are you okay?” A man that was standing behind your table asked you, bending next to you. You nodded, not finding your voice.

“It’s okay, customer-nim. I will take care of them. Are you really okay?” The waiter said. But you knew that her boss would blame her for that shattered glass.

“I’m sorry.” You apologized, starting to collect them with your bare hands. You didn’t want her to the blame for you.

“No customer-Nim.” The waiter said, panicking. “I will do it.”

“It’s okay.” You said, more like for yourself. It's okay, you aren't hurt. It's okay, your feelings aren't damaged. It's okay, you aren't jealous. it's okay if Chanyeol wasn't around you anymore. Your hands were shaking so much, with anxiety and fear. No, it's not okay. Chanyeol no longer wanted you as his friend and that was clear. And like those glasses that you didn’t want the waiter to take the blame for, you didn’t blame Chanyeol.

You were the one wronged here.

“Ah~” you yelped as the blood ran down your finger.

“Customer-Nim, you are bleeding.” The waiter said the panic was shown in her voice.

“I’m fine.”

A hand reached your wrist before you could continue collecting the remains of the glass. Pulling you up on your feet, you looked at those familiar eyes. They were firing with anger. “Can’t you see that you are bleeding?” Chanyeol snapped, making you jump a little. “She told you she would do it. It’s here job.”

“It’s my fault.” You whispered, feeling the pain in your finger.

Seeing the tears bricking the edge of your eyes, Chanyeol sighed as he pulled you out of the café, putting your bag over his shoulder. You let him lead you to the pharmacy in the opposite street of the café.

Having a look up at Chanyeol, he seemed angrier than normal. You could imagine the steaming of heat coming out of his ears.

“Band-Aid please.” Chanyeol said to the pharmacist who gave him a box of Band-Aid, from a drawer in from of him.

“Chanyeol, don’t panic.” You said, seeing how his hand was shaking as he opened one of the bands. You suppressed a smile from creeping into your face.  “It’s just a cut.”

“Then you should have listened to her, for you not to get it.” He snapped, and you bit your lips. Avoiding his eyes, you knew that he was just worried about you. Covering the cut with the band. Chanyeol thanked the pharmacist, dragging you out with him.

His hand was holding yours firmly, but was careful not to touch your injure. Your heart was hammering in your chest so loudly that you wanted to scold it. You couldn’t be selfish, you were leaving anyway.

He kept walking, passing by the shops and restaurant that were in that neighborhood, not even glance once at you. Not knowing how you could calm his anger, you never saw him like this before. You cleared your throat and tried to find any conversation to talk about. It had been a couple of weeks since you could to talk normally.

“I’m sorry.” you chanted, but he never looked at you. So you tried something different. “Where are we going anyway?”

You couldn’t bear his silence anymore as you snatched your hands from his grip. He span, looking at you with eyes filled with fire. “Yah, I’m sorry, okay? If I had destroyed your lovely date, I’m sorry.” You threw your hands in the air. “You could have ignored me till the end. Instead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter