Punch/ Jungkook, OC Part 6

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minyoung's POV

The grasshopper noises were hugging us, the clock ticking was clearly heard, and the sound of the empty wind was spread in every inch in my room.

I cleared my throat, hoping it would bring some talk after it. I hated the deadly silence and the awkward atmosphere in my room that I wanted to run away, far, far away just to avoid this.

I looked up slowly, afraid to catch Jungkook staring at me. He was sitting on a chair that was placed next to my desk, opposite to my bed which I was sitting on, playing with his fingers and I know only one thing, I hated my mom for putting in this kind of situation.

My mom asked Jungkook to treat the house as his, which I found it a ridiculous thing to say, Why would she say that? she even put rules when Jimin came in my room. And she also told him to have some talk with me until she brought the juice for us.

Thank you Mom!

It was too awkward to bear anymore until...

"How is your injury?" Jungkook was the first one to break the unbearable silence.

"Huh?" I snapped, blinking. I was so busy thinking that Jungkook was actually in my bedroom!

"Your ankle?" He said, pointing at my ankle.

"It... It is better… I think."

"That's good," he nodded, pressing his lips together.

"Your shoulder?" I asked, pointing at where the books hit him," I think it healed, isn't it?"

He nodded again.

“I have never thought I would see you in a place like this, ” I said, trying to find any object to talk about.

It was simply awkward to have a boy in my room. No boy, except for Jimin had ever entered my room.

What made the situation worst and strange for me, was that my heart couldn’t calm down, just a bit and I was afraid to look at Jungkook and ended up staring at him or having a heart attack.

“It’s my place, I spend most of my time there.” Jungkook answered me and smiled, seeing his shoulder relaxed a bit, releasing the tension that was in his muscles.

“But My uncle closed his club a long time ago, the boxing team was disbanded After my brother died.” I said, trying not to sound so sad or depressed.

“I asked him…”

“What?” I blinked at him. Confused.

“I asked him to open it again, I wanted to learn and take the championship.” Jungkook explain giving a slight smile, again.

“But why?”

What a silly question. Of course he won’t answer me

“I want to be like him… he gave me hope that I could, someday, help people, save them and… protect myself… some kind of self-defense.” Jungkook explained and for the first time he was willing to tell me, anything about him, to really open his heart and I think I might fly from happiness and I decided to be more curious.

"But instead you made people fear you, run away from you?" I asked  

"It's because I'm strong, they choose to fear me." He quoted.  

I rolled my eyes and sneered, A Silly excuse. I really didn't understand his point of view, but I also didn't want to argue with him now, so I let it go. "So full of yourself! Huh?"

I saw him laugh and it made me smile shyly as my heart skipped a beat. I was the reason of his smile.

Jungkook, at first seemed to be scary, I became afraid of him, but then slowly I began to know him through coincidence. And as I tried my best to be his friend to help to clear up the misunderstanding around him there was this feeling inside of me, something I never felt before. I think I had--  

Five minutes later, my mom entered with the juice and some snacks for us to eat and I think I got closer to Jungkook. He was smiling and talkative, something I didn't see at all in the school. His image is completely different from what he really was and I felt proud of myself for thinking he was a good person.

Yes, at first I believed the rumors, but then, No, I should learn more about him, I grew more interested in him as the fate brought us together in a lot of things and I couldn't believe he was the boy I planned to avoid for the rest of my life when I first came.

 

"I have to go now," Jungkook stood on his foot as he looked at my mom who didn't leave and stayed with us, almost the whole time.

"Oh! Already!" My mom said, making a sad expression and I wondered if my mom had fallen for him. Jungkook had the face that most of the mothers would like and I wondered how my father would react around him.

It's not like he's going to come again.

"I've things to do and it's already late." Jungkook smiled shyly.

My eyes switched from jungkook to the clock that was placed behind him on the wall. It was 22:00 and I almost gasped. The time passed so quickly, and I cursed and slapped myself mentally for wanting him to stay more.

"Okay, you should go. You have to visit us again." My mom patted his shoulder and Jungkook grinned, showing his teeth for the first time and nodded, "of course I will."

"You will?" I found myself saying. I was surprised that the words passed through my mouth without thinking.

"You don't want me to?" He raised an eyebrow and I faked a cough.

"You should go." I pointed out and he surpassed a laughter which made me embarrassed.

He bowed to my mom for the last time before taking his leave, I followed him out of my room to send him.

He put his shoes on quickly and straightened his back, smiling at me before reaching his hand to the door knob. "See you tomorrow, Minyoung" He turned to leave, but then stopped, looking at me again. His mouth opened, then closed, he looked nervous about something.

"What?" I asked and he rubbed the nape of his neck.

"Give me your phone." He reached his hands out and I blinked, confused, but naively, I opened my pattern and gave it to him. Thinking he would call someone.

He typed something and his phone rang, he handed me my phone back and smiled, "Now I have your phone number, save my number too."

"What?" My eyes widened, but before I could protest, he was already jogged out of the house.

I still didn't believe he smiled and talked to me or what he had just done, I watched him as he blended with the street darkness, my mouth was slightly open.

I released the breath that I was unconsciously holding when I heard a crack of some branches in our small garden.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter