Memory rewind / Mark (2)

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Theme song~  

“Good morning.” You closed the door behind, a smile flashed across your face.

Mark still looked at you awkwardly. Since he woke up from the coma the day before after one year of not moving, Mark had zero memory about you. Everything about you was gone. He only remembered everything before meeting you.

His mother told him you were his girlfriend, but it made him more awkward around you. Probably you would feel the same, waking up one day and find out you had a lover you know nothing about him.

Refresh his memory. The doctor advised. So today, you bought a box filled with gift Mark had given you before.

 

“Good morning.” Mark greeted back as he straightened up on his bed. “You came again.”

“Of course, I will come again.” You sat on the chair next to his bed. “I have bought a few things you may remember. Would you like to see them with me?”

“I… I don’t know.” Mark sighed, looking at his hands.

Reaching for his hand, Mark flinched and your heart stopped for a moment before withdrawing your hands right away that was trembling. You bit your lips hard, trying hard not to tear up again. “Sorry, If you don’t want… it’s okay.”

Last night was the hardest night in your whole life after the night of the death of your daughter. You cried the whole night, recalling Mark’s blank face when he saw you over and over again. Memories from a year ago started to feel like a dream and it was falling apart.

“It is just so sudden,” Mark said, rubbing the back of his neck with the hand you touched.

“Yeah of course.” You put down the box beside his bed as the door snapped open behind you.

It was Mark’s mom. She looked brighter than ever. Her smile stretched from ear to ear as her eyes fall on her son. “How’s my lovely boy, today?”

“I’m good, mom,” Mark said, hugging his mom’s waist when she approached him. You couldn’t help but to notice, how excited he was to see her again.

“Ah, Y/N. Did you sleep well?” His mother asked you. Mark looked at you, his smile disappearing.

“Y-yes. I guess.”

“I’m really grateful to you, Y/N. Thank you for always being by his side.” Mark looked at his mom confused. Touching his head, she said. “She stayed beside you the whole year without leaving your side. Even when she was preg-”

“Auntie…” You cut her suddenly, before her tongue slip. Mark didn’t accept the fact that you were his girlfriend yet, it would freak him out to know more than that. “I’m just doing what I should do.”

“And why you should do that? It’s not like we have a serious relationship, right?” Both you and his mother looked at him with a half-opened mouth.

His mother closed her eyes tightly before looking at the ground. A heavy sigh skipped . You stood frozen in your place for a few seconds before your hands started to clasp and unclasp around each other.

“I did that because I wanted you to wake up, Mark. Because you are an important person to me.” You tried to smile, but it felt twisted and fake. Why couldn’t he remember you?

“Well, the doctor said my brain removed the memory that I don’t want to remember. Maybe our relationship isn’t that good after all.”

“Mark!” His mom warned, while your mind went blank.

You tried hard not to think of the doctor’s words. Because Mark would never want to forget about you.

“We will be the best parent ever.” He had said.

“Y/N, I could bring you the world if I could. You are the best thing in my whole life.” He had kissed you that time.

“You can’t leave me like this, I need you.” That's why you stayed with him. That’s why you accepted his proposal.

Mark… Why did you forget about me?. Looking at the ceiling, fighting tears, you winced as you ran your hand through your hair.

“Why are you doing this to me?” You said, more like for yourself, before looking at Mark, who was giving you an apologizing look as if he understood his mistake. But he would never understand.

“I.. I’m sorry-”

“I will come again tomorrow.” You said to his mother, avoiding his eyes. If you looked at him again, you would cry right away. “Thank you for waking up, Mark.” You said, before hurrying outside the room.

“Y/N, wait.” You stopped, as the room door opened again behind you. Turning around, you saw Mark’s mom and tears in her eyes. And that’s when you couldn’t hold back anymore. You ran into her arms and cried your heart out.

Mark’s family was always kind to you. They treated you like their own daughter and when they learned about the marriage plan, they were the first to support the two of you. His mom was the one stayed by y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter