Don’t smile / Jungkook, you

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah! Stop this right now or you die”

You scowled at your best friend, Jungkook, who just tugged on your hair, cutting your reading, before sitting next to you.

You were sitting on one of the outdoor benches of the campus, enjoying the sun and the warm breath. Luckily, the sun wasn’t too hot that day.

“Salty as always.”

 

A smile flashed on his face as he shook his head to move his hair away from his eyes. Today he was wearing his usual black pants, and a white shirt. (Plain as always) you thought, shaking your head.

Jungkook pulled away from the book that you were holding as he went through the pages really quickly, probably looking for any pictures, or big titles to know what the book is talking about. He was a game person. Books were like a nightmare for him. But he sometimes liked to know what you were reading.

“Do you ever get bored of this?” He said, pushing the book back in your hand.

“Do you ever get bored of games?”

“Well, that’s different.” Jungkook snapped his fingers, confidently, as if he was quoting something important.

“Yeah, yeah.” You scoffed, rolling your eyes.

Even though you and Jungkook had been friends for 12 years, both of you were completely different. But when you both were together, you thought that you complete each other. He was that kind of person to you.

“How are things with Hongbin Hyung? Is he still not calling you?”

You froze for a second before putting on a smile. “I’m sure he is busy. You know how idols are.”

“Yeah, I know well. But look at me. I’m most of the time with you.”

“Well, it’s different.”

“Yeah, yeah.” He mimicked you, scoffing and rolling his eyes.

Jungkook always warned you of Hongbin. He always warned you whenever you got a boyfriend and start acting like your father instead of your friend. You stopped listening to him a long time ago, like a girl who is rebelling on her father.

“Look, I know you are worried. But don’t be. Hongbin is different.”

“Taemin was different too. Minhyuk was different too. Heeseung was-”

“Stop it.” You snapped and put your hand on his mouth to stop from saying any more. You felt Jungkook pressing his lips together with your hand, so you removed it.

“Stop getting hurt,” Jungkook said last time. This time you could sense how sincere he was.

You nodded, not looking at him. You wanted to believe in Hongbin. Yes, he had been ignoring you for a while now. But that probably was because of his work. If he wanted to break up, he would say it, right?

“I’ll take care of myself. Just worry about your girlfriend.”

“My girlfriend is fine.”

“So is my boyfriend.”

Why didn’t always seem to get awkward when you mention his girlfriend? You always told Jungkook everything, including everything about your relationships, but Jungkook’s girlfriends always seem like a mystery. You never met anyone with them once.

“See you, my friend,” Jungkook said, standing up.

You looked at him confused. “Where are you going?”

“Lecture, remember.” Jungkook gave you his bunny teeth smile which you always failed not to smile at.

“Ah, right.  See you later then.”

He took two steps, before turning around again. You raised an eyebrow at him. “What’s wrong?”

“Today… there is a party.” He gulped as his left hand was rubbing the back of his neck and jaw line.

“So?”

“Come with me.”

“Run out of girlfriends?” You raised an eyebrow at him again, teasing him.

Jungkook closed his eyes tightly as he took a deep breath and opened them again. His hand dropped to his side. He looked frustrated. “Don’t come. Stay at home alone, thinking what is wrong with your boyfriend better.”

“Yah!”

“What?” He titled his head, challenging.

“You can’t have fun alone. That’s our rule. Everything we do it together.”

A small smile drew on Jungkook’s lips as he nodded. “I will pick you up at five.”

“Five thirty.”

“Fine, little girl,” Jungkook said, chunking your chin before running off to his lecture room.

You watched him until he entered the building and disappeared.

For twelve years you watched Jungkook growing too much it's almost hard to believe that he was shorter than you once. Now he was way taller than you, your head only stops till his chest. He became more muscular and his shoulder became broader. It was unbelievable that he was the kid you used to defeat in taekwondo’s training.

~~

Jungkook never comes later. He was always on time. At five, he was already waiting for you downstairs. He was wearing his ripped jeans and this time his T-shirt was gray.

“Wow.” You said sarcastically at his clothes. “Colors this time.”

But Jungkook didn’t say anything, he was staring at you as if it was the first time to meet you. You waved your hand in front of him, and he finally snapped out of his thoughts.

You chuckled, rolling your eyes. “What? Do you want to call if off? Need some sleep?”

“Maybe.” Jungkook looked away and walked to the driver side of the car. “Get in.”

His hand reached for the back of his neck. He was not expecting to see you looking so beautiful. Normally, you did not put any makeup. He always made fun of you calling you Hyung just to annoy you. Also, you never wear anything other than a jeans and top. (Even though you kept making fun of his clothes, yours were almost the same.) But today, you wore some makeup and even your clothes were different. You were wearing a navy sundress with sleeves that reach right below your knees.

Jungkook’s mind suddenly went blank at your sight, for the last 12 years, he never saw you as beautiful as you looked today. He took a deep breath, trying to calm down his heart. Getting into the car, Jungkook clenched his hands once into a fist, trying to release the sudden tense of his muscles before wiping them on his pants.

“Did I overdo it?” You suddenly asked.

Jungkook looked at you, surprised as if he was caught doing something wrong. “Huh?”

“Do I look weird?” You said, pointing at yourself. “I bought this dress last week to celebrate my first anniversary with Hongbin, but it never happened. He’s busy. Do I look weird?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter