Leaving! / Daehyun, OC

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OC- Hyerin

 

A dilemma

That was what Hyerin going through.

She had to choose between two things --actually, a thing and a person-- she wanted them both so bad.

But to get one she had to lose the other and she wasn't ready for this.

"So have you make up your mind?"

Hyerin blinked at her professor who were sitting on his chair, like a boss. His gaze was as serious as ever, sometime Hyerin wondered if he would ever smile, but he was a person whom she respected.

"Not yet..." She said, biting her lips.

The professor stood up and walked toward her, he gave her a concerned look, "Is there something wrong in your home? With your parent?  Are they against it?"

"No, no, no." she waved her hands in the air, shaking her head. "That's not it."

"Then did you change your mind?"

She shook her head.

"Then... Why are you so hesitated?"

"I just need more time, I'm not prepared yet." She said, giving him a slight smile.

 

"Hyerin, remember that it had always been your dream." He said, returning back to his chair. "I gave you enough time, the ticket and visa papers should be finished in 3 days, so you would be able to leave in a week. Make up your mind and tell me your decision quickly, there is no more time. Tomorrow is your last chance."

"Yes, sir." She bowed and turned to leave.

"Don't forget!" She heard the professor shouted behind her and she bowed one more time before closing the door.

What she was going to do now?

She had to make up her mind really quickly. She really wanted this scholarship so bad. It had been her dream to go and study abroad, however, that meant only one thing, leaving her boyfriend behind.

Hyerin wanted to study at Berklee College of music in America. She wanted to be a famous composer. She loved music and she could play guitar, piano and violin really well.

When her professor told her about this scholarship, she couldn't believe his words. She thought he was playing a trick on her, but he gave her a hard look that said: would I be joking with you right now?

She was so excited and happy for two reasons: this scholarship meant she would later become a worldwide composer as she dreamed. And this was her mother's school too.

Hyerin didn't see her mother before, but her dad told her she was a great composer and told her the name of the school and since then Hyerin first goal was going there.

But leaving Daehyun was something so hard to do.

It had been two years since the both of them went out and they still were deeply in love.

Hyerin was afraid she would lose him. She would lose him if she went there.

Gulping Hyerin's mind was so busy thinking of what she would do.

Should she just have declined this scholarship and just stay with Daehyun, living in her romance for.... How long... Would Daehyun wait for her? Her mind was working faster than the clock movement.

"Yo, Yo, Yo." Someone slapped hyerin back three times before taking the chair in front of her.

The cafeteria wasn't that crowded since almost everyone preferred eating out the college.

But this girl always preferred sitting with Hyerin whenever her mind was about to get out of her skull.

"Hi, Rin." Hyerin waved her hands lazily before pointing at where she was slapped, " and that hurt, by the way."

Chaerin grinned and leaned forward, putting her hands over the table. "What's up? You look... Dead!"

"I'm not." Hyerin sighed, wishing that her best friend would catch what was going on quickly.

"Then what's wrong?"

Hyerin sighed again. "It's about my scholarship."

"You still didn't tell him?"

Hyerin nodded

"And you are thinking of staying."

Hyerin nodded again.

"Hell. No. Hyerin tell him." Chaerin scrawled

"But I'm scared."

"If he really loves you like you said, he would understand... He would wait for you..." Chaerin frowned.

"It's three years, Chaerin." Hyerin snapped, because who would wait for three years until his girlfriend come back. And most of the distance relationship would be failing.

"Hell yeah, It's three years, so what?" Chaerin snapped as well, her voice started to rise. "You could call him every day, you would come back when it's your vacation. It's not hard, Hyerin."

"You don't understand. This would be hard Chaerin. He's an idol and his schedule would be completely different from mine." Hyerin sighed, "We won't be able to see each other, ever again."

"I don't know" Chaerin sighed, "It's your chance and you have to figure it out sooner or later."

Chaerin was talking with her point of view. She didn't put herself in her best friend's place so that what Hyerin thought of. Chaerin who used to always understand her, didn't at that moment.

"I will leave." Hyerin suddenly stood up, turning to leave, but Chaerin voice stopped her.

"It had been always your dream, Hyerin. Don't lose it because of a boy and let me tell you, for the million times, if he really loved you. Like deeply in love with you he would wait for you." Chaerin said, her voice cracked, "You love him so you accept his busy schedule, it's his turn now."

Hyerin turned to find tears in her best friend's eyes. Chaerin was worried about her. She just wanted the best for her.

"If you didn't tell him, I would." She continued, wiping the tear that skipped her eyes.

Hyerin took a step forward, trying to reach her friend, but Chaerin took her bag and went out of the cafeteria from the other door.

Chaerin was right.

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter