My love/ Ken, You

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dreams and Future are more important than love.

They last longer.

They last till the day you die.

They give you a good life and position, while love... Love is just a feeling you could get rid of later on or even love someone later after your dream comes true.

So choosing between Future and Love: Future wins!

"I'm sorry." Jaehwan looked at the ground he couldn't bear to see the love of his life crying rivers in front of him.

"Why?" You sobbed. "We were perfectly fine... Jaehwan"

You were standing under the tree that you are used to meet at every day after school ended. The tree that witnessed all your happy moments with Jaehwan all your kisses and hugs was also witnessing your break up.

"Please don't cry." He sighed, reaching his hands, cupping your face. His thumb wiped away your tear that didn't seem to stop.

You met his eyes to find tears were forming slowly in his eyes too, but he was holding them perfectly in.

"It's also hard for me."

"We can keep it secret, they don't have to know." You suggested as if it was the only rob you could hang on, to be with him and not fall apart.

"They already knew. They told me to finish things quickly and if we kept dating, I can't promise you to give you all the love I want to give to you."

"And you are going to end things this easily?" You cried, feeling the inside of you crumbling.

Jaehwan had loved you since high school, being in love with him and him being in love with you for 3 years, making your relationship so strong to end it up easily just because 'Idols shouldn't date. The Idols will be busy. They won't give love perfectly!'

He was going to make his debut soon and his agency told him to choose between you and his dream.

"Tell me that you are going to find away, huh?"  You hoped that he would say 'I will', even when you it was impossible you just hoped he would lie to you.

"I'm sorry. I really can't let this chance out of my hand." He said, biting his lips as if he didn't hope to say those words to you at all.

You wiped your tears and tried as hard as you can to smile. "Yeah, it's your dream after all. I know how much you want this."

He looked at you with sad eyes. "I'm seriously sorry."

"Me too, I don't want to stay in the way your dreams." You nodded, but not to him, to yourself. "This is the best way"

Jaehwan pulled you in a hug, leaning in and kissed you for one last more time before breaking away. "I love you, I want you to know that I will always love you and only you. I'm just can't--"

You hugged him again one more time before running off. You didn't want to him to see any of your tears anymore. It was for his sake. For his dreams to come true. For his future as the best singer in Korea.

Jaehwan watched you running away as you faded in the daylight. This was the last time he would ever see you or hear about you.

As you were no longer in the sight, Jaehwan's tears that he held for so long, found their way down his cheeks. He ran a hand over his face, feeling pain in his chest. He didn't want to let go of you, but he had no choice and he also was scared that it wouldn't work.

***

Upon reaching home, you closed yourself in your room, crying your heart out.

Everything was over. Every beautiful feeling and every beautiful touch.

Jaehwan wouldn't be around you anymore or would be there when you need him. You depended on him a lot in your life. He was your supporter and your best friend.

You didn't only break up with your boyfriend you also broke up with your best friend.

Touching your neck, your fingers tangled with a necklace that was made of thin string. You remembered, making it together with him as a handmade couple item for your first anniversary.

You looked at his first letter of his name that was hanging on the necklace which was made of metal J. You looked at the word you carved on it yourself.

It brought back many memories that your heart started to ache.

 

Flashback

 

"Where are we going, Jaehwan?"

 Jaehwan took your hands after the school had ended and pulled you out of the school.

You had been walking for 20 minutes and still he didn't want to tell you where you were going.

"It's a secret!" He grinned, "A surprise for you."

"You are being weird." You narrowed your eyes at him and he laughed, warping his arms around your shoulder and pulling you to his side.

You poked his side and he poked your cheeks, for a cute and little revenge.

Soon enough, you found a familiar store coming into sight. You looked up at Jaehwan who was already looking at you and giving you a proud smile.

"You are kidding me." You exclaimed, happily.

"I liked your idea and I thought it was, actually, a good one." He said, warping his hands around his chest.

"Oh my god, do you know that I love you?" You warped your arms around his side.

"I know." He blushed, but you didn't see it as you were busy with your excitement.

Days ago, you told Jaehwan that you wanted to do something unique for your first anniversary.

You told him about that store where you can do a handmade jewelry by yourself. You wanted to go there and made a couple rings or necklace with him. For both of you it would be something precious.

Back then when you told him about the idea he didn't show any interest as he just kept nodding, to the point you thought he wasn't listening or he just didn't want to do it.

You were happy, super happy, that he actually was listening and he was willing to do it with you.

"Good morning. How can I help you?" One of the workers there asked you and Jaehwan with a smile as you entered the shop. She didn't seem to be surprised seeing two high school-er entering the shop.

Jaehwan grinned at you before looking at the girl who just greeted you. "It's almost our first anniversary and we were thinking of having couple item."

"Would you like to see what you like or made one for yourself?" She asked the smile never left her face.   

"Do one for ourselves." You said excited and blushed when you noticed how Jaehwan was looking at you. Like you were a child.

*

"Here we go." Said the girl, putting a box in front of you as you and Jaehwan sat on a table with two chairs.

The table was short which would make both of you bent down.

You were small, so you didn't mind sitting like this, but you saw how Jaehwan was struggling to sit with his long legs.

You giggled and he raised an eyebrow at you.

"Enjoying this, huh?"

"It's your fault for being tall." You noted out. "We need to get you shorter."

"You are the one who needs to get taller her." He teased you back and you hit his legs, making him laugh and wince in pain at the same time.

"You two look cute together."

Both of you blushed at the girl's remark. You glanced at him and met his eyes that was sparkling like a star.

"So..." The girl cleared , getting your attention again. "What are you going to make?"

"I'm thinking of something related to music." You said, glancing at Jaehwan. "So you would be a great superstar in the future like you want."

"Great idea, but no. We need to do something special for the both of us." He his chin and looked at the ground before the idea popped into his mind.

"We can make a necklace with our first letter on it."

"Old idea." You sighed and Jaehwan sighed too agreeing with you.

"Actually...” The girl started and you both looked at her with anticipate. "You both can write a message to each other in the letter... I think this would be somehow special."

You looked at each other, grinning before nodding to the girl that was standing by your side.

The girl showed you how to make the letter first and how you could carve some beautiful shapes for decoration like a leaf or a flower or even a heart.

You made the letter of your own name since you are going to exchange it later and you would have his letter with his message around your neck, near your heart where Jaehwan's name was already carved there.

While making the necklace, both of you refused to show each other what you were writing or what you were doing until you finish it completely.

"What did you write?" You asked Jaehwan, looking up at him cutely.

"It's a secret."

You both were standing, leaning your back on the wall and waiting for the girl to finish up warping your work to give it to you.

You were trying to know what Jaehwan wrote as you couldn't wait.

"Seriously, you and your secrets." You snorted.

"Then tell me about yours? What did you write?"

"It's secret!" You found yourself saying.

Jaehwan smirked, "See! It's not only me and my secrets."

"Shut up." You blushed, looking at your other side where Jaehwan wasn't standing.

The girl approached you with her smile over her face and hand you, your necklace.

"Here are your things." She said.

"Is it the one I made?" You asked, looking inside the bag curiously.

"Yup." She put her hands on her waist. "You now can exchange your bags."

You looked up at Jaehwan and he looked like he was thinking of something. He then shook his head as he bowed. "Thank you."

He grabbed your hands pulling you out of the store, you managed to give the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter