24h / Jimin, you

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A song that kept repeating in your head whenever he appeared in front of you. A warm feeling engulfed you as butterflies formed in your stomach.

In front of you is a boy whom you found yourself happy to see, happy to hear from and happy just to stay by his side.

As you watched him studying, you lay your head on your arms waiting for him to give you the attention you need. However, he never did. He never glanced at you. Even if you called his name many times, he didn’t reply and ignored you.

“Jimin-ah” A hand dropped on his shoulder and you frowned. It was his girlfriend. The skinny glowing type  of girls. Her hair falls beautifully over her shoulders. A faint of pink touched her cheeks. You rolled your eyes at how obvious it was that she used a blusher.

Secretly you envied her for being able to love and get loved by him.

Jimin smiled pleasantly, ignoring your presence as he took her hand in his and tightened his hold on her. “You didn’t get lost.”

“No, it was actually easy to find the place.” She said, not even glancing towards you. Her focus was only on him as well as was his focus.

Feeling that you had no place between them you decided to leave. Heartbroken you were.

You remembered a faint flashback from your past. Jimin was smiling brightly but at you. Jimin was holding your hand as you leaned on his shoulder getting engulfed by the secure feeling he gave.

“I love you forever.” He promised.

Until that moment you kept watching him completely moving on and forgetting about you.

​Three years had passed. Three years.

Even though you were glad that he started to live his own life, it was heartbreaking to see him loving someone else, forgetting about your existence and forgetting to visit you again. Despite wishing for him to stop breaking his own heart.

Selfish was what you decided to be.

It was hard for you to move on, because moving on meant leaving forever.

“What now?” He appeared out of the thin air. Giving you a heart attack even though you were supposed to be getting used to it.

“I almost died. Stop giving me a heart attack.” You snapped, hand on your chest as you gasped for an air.

“Let me remind you that your heart has already stopped. You will not die twice.” He said coldly as he approached you, to stop right in front of you. He was at your height. Pale and thin. His dark eyes were too pretty, at the same time they were too scary. You looked away nervously.

“Stop looking at me like this, Yoongi.” You whispered, feeling ashamed. You knew what he was going to say to you.

“Are not you tired? It had been three years.” Yoongi disappeared into the thin air, only to feel him right behind you. His breath tickled your ears as he whispered, “He has a girlfriend now. She will bear his child and be his wife. It is time for you to disappear.”

You stood in your place frozen. Truth should be told, but you weren’t ready to hear it. Tears blurred your vision as you turned your head over your shoulder to look at Jimin and his lover. He looked at her with so much love. He even stopped studying just to observe her closely as she studied next to him.

“Does he love her that much?”

“She helped him get out of the pain you caused him,” Yoongi told another truth that was hard to bear.

A tear dropped down and fell into Yoongi’s hand that was hanging over your shoulder. A flashback of him watching his old lover as she moved on from him, popped in his mind. That’s how reality hit a person. When their own lover no longer felt the same towards them. A sigh skipped his mouth as he remembered how heartbroken he was.

“Let’s go, Y/N,” Yoongi said, pulling you from your elbow.

You held his hand, stopping him, shaking your head. Tears found their own way down your eyes like a waterfall. “Wait! I am not ready yet.”

“Y/N…”

“Just one day. Give me one day, then I will leave. I promise. I just want to be loved by him again.” You begged, not meeting his eyes.

“That’s too dangerous. A dead person coming back to life.”

“Please.” You held his hand tightly. “Only one day. I will make sure he will not remember that day. Please.”

Yoongi was never a soft-hearted. However, at this moment, he wished he could have made that wish 10 years ago. One more day.

“Please.” Your hands were shaking. If he said no, you would have so many regrets. “Please.”

“Only one day,” Yoongi said as he adjusted the watch in your hand, turning it twenty-four hours back. “You better not disappear, right in front of his eyes.” He patted your hand as he dropped back to your side. “Only twenty-four hours. Not more, not less.”

“Thank you.” You whispered finally, meeting his eyes. You were surprised to see the sadness flashed over his face. Deciding not to ask him, you smiled instead. “Twenty four hours I understand.”

“See you later, Y/N.” He said before disappearing.

~~

2 hours from the twenty-four hours passed as you waited for Jimin in front of his house. You couldn’t just appear in front of him and his girlfriend at the library. How would you introduce yourself to her? Hi, I am Jimin’s dead girlfriend. I came back to life just to be with my boyfriend for just one more day. You shook your head at how silly it sounded.

You left at the age of 20, you were still 20. But Jimin was now 23. He became older while you didn’t grow up at all. He was still your boyfriend, but you weren’t his girlfriend anymore. You didn’t move on from loving him, but he started to learn how to live without you.

Another hour passed, and you wished you actually popped in front of them at the library. You didn’t have much time and you started to get impatient.

Maybe it was wrong from the beginning. You thought as you stood on your feet. Dead people do not get another day to say goodbye.

At that moment, when you decided to give up and just disappear, the elevator opened and Jimin walked out, only to stop and stare at you breathlessly. His eyes became wider and his mouth dropped slightly, but no words came out.

You wanted to run away. How were you going to explain this? Will Jimin scream “Ghost” and run away from you? Will he faint? But neither happened.

Walking slowly toward you, his arm wrapped around your shoulder as he hid his face in your neck. He pressed you to close to his chest that could feel his irrational heart-beat. His arms were strong around you, too strong that it was almost painful, but you decided to ignore the pain.

Only when you felt something wet on your shoulder did you realize that Jimin was actually crying. Your hand acted first as it patted his back, while the other found its way into his hair. Habits die hard.

“I am not dreaming, right?” Jimin said as he pulled away. However, his arms still wrapped around you, never letting you go.

You touched his cheek. Your thumb caressed away the tears. He caught your palm and placed a soft kiss inside of it. His eyes closed as he inhaled your presence.

“No, you are not.” You said, softly. Maybe Jimin didn’t really forget about you. Maybe he missed you more than you missed him. Maybe he was heartbroken more than you were. You were so selfish that you opened his fresh wound again.

“How?” He asked, searching your face. He was the last one to see you after the car accident. He saw you with his eyes, that it is almost hard to believe.

“Does it matter?” You closed the distance between as you buried your face in his shirt.

His arm became stronger, but this time more protective. “No. You are here now and that’s all that matters.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter