Punch/ Jungkook, OC Part 3

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minyoung's POV

"Here we are." Jungkook said after sending me back in front of the school gate. I asked him to walk me back to school since I didn't know how to get back home from where we were.

The walk to school was a little awkward. Me and Jungkook were silent. My sudden hug was shocking for both of us. My cheeks were burning after I realized what I had done, I apologized and he rubbed the back of his neck nervously, saying it was fine.

"Thanks." I pressed my lips into line as I took off his jacket that he gave to me, handing it to him and turned to leave when I remembered that I'll be back to the same street that I was chased at. The fear took me again and I didn't want to walk home alone.

"Jungkook!" I turned to look back at him. "I'm sorry, but can I ask for something?"

His eyes widened and nodded slightly, waiting for my request.

"Actually... I-I'm scared. Can you wake me home?" I closed my eyes as I asked him. My words rushed out of my mouth quickly. It's embarrassing to ask a boy who didn't offer, to take me home.

"I'm really scared." I bit my lips.

Jungkook sighed, putting his hands in his sweater’s pocket, walking toward me "How did you end up like this anyway?"

"Someone was chasing me and I lost my way while running away," I said, walking with him

Jungkook giggled, and I swear that I'm starring at his face while he was laughing, he was a completely different person and my heart skipped a beat again and somehow I felt something groaning in my stomach. I almost forgot that I was hungry. 

"You're a troublesome person" Jungkook locked eyes with mine. His dark eyes were twinkling and I thought that I started to imagine things.

"What about you? ... You are scary..."  I murmured to myself, but he heard me

"Scary?" Jungkook sighed. "You also find me scary huh?."

I nodded. Feeling bad for being scared of such a cute creature like him, his next question snapped me. "Why? Because of the rumors?"

It hit me hard.

RUMORS!

The thing I hated the most about this country. I almost forgot what rumors had done to my family and me years ago before going to Seoul. Because of how small this countryside  was, the words travelled like a wind between people and unfortunately it changed from one to another.

From something good to something bad.

"Are you saying that they aren't true?"

"What did you even hear? There are a lot of rumors around me?" He chuckled. He sounded like he didn't care about them while his eyes said otherwise.

"Actually, it wasn't the rumors -I can't deny that the rumors made it worth through." I said and he smiled. "Why are you scared then?"

"I'm not-I was, but not now. Honestly, despite your handsome face, your eyes scared me." I giggled. "You’re black in black clothes and that red line in it." I pointed at his sweater "-what is it for anyway?"

Jungkook shrugged his shoulder. "You aren't scared anymore!"

I nodded and smiled, but his eyes changed into the cold and scary one, he wasn't smiling anymore as if I said something I wasn't supposed to.

"Why?"

"Because you aren't. You just saved me twice today and I'm really grateful. You don't even know me and I don't know you. But you still helped me, I think you aren’t a bad person."

"You are right. We don't know each other… You don't know me... So you should stay away from me. Because this is how it should be." He said it coldly, his words were so heavy in the cold thin air and my body shuddered.

One minute ago he was all friendly and smiley and just in a brief of a second he turned back into that scary and cold person.

I knew he was hiding something, it was written all over his face. I believed that a person who saved someone's life which he didn't even know, isn't a bad person, or even a gangster.

 I wanted to know him more, however, I felt like I was rejected. He pushed me away in the moment that I started to get attracted to him. 

"Why?" I whispered.

"Because you should."

"I don't believe the rumors, you know."

"Why do you even care? Just stay away!"

"I want to be your friend!" I snapped and his eyes widened. "I don't know, but I want to know you personally. Can't I?"

"You can't... Rumors sometimes could be true!" He said his voice is flat and scary. And a creepy feel took over me.

Rumors sometimes could be true.

"No." I said. I knew the rumors wouldn't ever be true. No! If they were true, then my family wouldn't have been hurt like this.

"I don't believe you." Out of anger I speeded my pace and walked home alone. Leaving my life saver alone in the middle of the street.

 He shouldn't have said things like this when I knew exactly what he was talking about. I knew how it felt to be surrounded by false rumors.

I learned that I should follow my heart and my heart told me to be friend with him because people misunderstood him. Badly. This was my time to help him. To return the favor for saving me.

Home had been  just two buildings away so it wasn't as dangerous as before thanked to Jung kook who almost sent me home.

When I arrived, I tiredly took off my shoes as my mom came out of the kitchen and stood before me. Her hands were on her waist, her gaze was shooting a laser on me.

“Mom, I’m tired.” I let a sigh out of my mouth and went to my room

"Why are you so late?" My mom followed me. She didn't look pleased.

"I lost my way home and my battery was dead." I almost cried again, remembering the terrified feeling of being followed.

"Aigo~ you are such a mess." My mother said, hugging me. "You must have been scared."

I needed that hug and I was thankful that mom did it without asking her to. I clenched my fist in her clothes sobbing my heart out.

My mom patted my back and hugged me tighter. She was so protective, as she didn't want to lose me too. I didn't remember her being like this before. She didn’t really cared, then I discovered I was wrong. Because she protected me while he was away.

I calmed down and my mom sat beside me on my bed. I told her what had happened and the anger and concern were shown all over her face. I told her she didn't have to get worried as I wasn't going to be late again and she nodded, but still I felt she was worried about me.

"Thanks god you are back to me safely" she cupped my face, patting my cheeks.

“Hmmm…” I nodded, wiping my tears away.

“Should I pick you up next time?”

I shook my head and gave her a smile, “You don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter