on a beautiful note / Jungkook (3)

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It took you a few minutes to calm your shaking body. Jungkook helped you to your feet and into your seat. He was waiting for you to completely calm down before he gave you his bottle of water. You drank it whole without thinking. You hated it when you cry in front of him. It made you feel weak and useless as if you couldn’t do anything without him. You wished that water can wash away your embarrassment, your worry, and your fear.

“Thanks,” You said, giving him back the empty bottle as you wiped your mouth with the back of your hands. His eyes stared at you with so much concern. You could feel his gaze on your face, on your eyes without you looking at him. It was kind of awkward to look at him after crying. 

 

“Are you okay?” He asked, reaching out for you. His hand hung awkwardly in the air without touching you before changing his mind and drawing it back beside him. “We should who those flowers are from. I thought someone likes you, but…”

“It is okay.” You tried to smile, but your face muscles wouldn’t listen to you. “Forget about it. It is not like he hurt me or anything.”

“You are shaking, terrified.” He snapped, angrily, before exhaling sharply as if the world was placed on his shoulder. “This should stop. I am so sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing?” You asked, scoffing. He looked away, staring at the ground. He must be frustrated. Or Hiding something. In the past, you were able to easily understand Jungkook, to know what he was thinking about. People called you both soulmates, or a key and a locket that fit together. However, that was in the past. Jungkook now was different. He wasn’t the same. He changed.

“Jungkook, you are not a hero. You will not save me and Anne at the same time.”

He looked at you, surprised without saying anything. You smiled as you pushed a strand of hair behind your ears. “I will take care of myself don’t worry.”

Jungkook mocked you, repeating your sentence as he rolled his eyes. “Yes, right.” He scoffed.

“I am serious.”

“Whatever.” He sighed heavily.

“What were you doing here?” You asked, realizing that everyone was already home. “Shouldn’t you be with Anne?”

“I forgot my notebook.” He reached out to his desk and got out his notebook from the shelf underneath before slamming it on the desk. “Imagine if I didn’t forget this sing called notebook.”

“I would have been fine.” You shrugged.

“Really? Because you are still shaking.” He raised an eyebrow and you hugged yourself, looking away. You felt him dragging a chair and placing it beside you as he sat on it. It had been a while since you felt him so close.

“Ah, right.” You snapped your head, looking back at him. Stop midway when you realized how close he was. Gulping, you continued, “There is something I didn’t tell you.” You realized how your voice was still quivering from crying too much.

“What is it?” You were surprised when Jungkook tucked a strand of hair behind your ears, out of nowhere, and put his hand on your shoulder. All sudden, you got the feeling that your childhood friend was back. It surprised you more how the mood changed from quarreling to be calmer and more civilized.

Jungkook was just controlling you all over, without you realizing. He made you angry in a second, the next second you were glad that he was actually around. You felt like you needed to tell him about the morning flower.

“I found a flower on my desk this morning too.” You said and Jungkook nodded unamused. He just looked at you as if something like didn’t sound strange. “But that flower was different.”

“What do you mean?” Jungkook asked, foaming.

“It was a rose and not just a flower painted red. A rose. And it came out with a letter. I thought I would finally know who this is from.”

“Did you open the letter?” Jungkook asked. His eyes were roaming around the classroom. He did that when he was nervous.

“No, I didn’t. If I did I would have known who that is.”

Jungkook nodded in understanding. “Don’t open it. It will make you more nervous. Give it to me I will take care of him myself.”

You nodded and grabbed the letter from your bag and gave it to him. “Sorry, I missed your date with Anne.”

“Date?” Jungkook chuckled., taking the letter from you and shoving it in his bag “What are you talking about?”

“Aren’t you together now?”

“Huh?”

Why was he acting so confused?

“If you don’t want to tell me, it is okay.” You frowned, looking away from him. Part of you told you to just shut up and that it wasn’t your business. The other part wanted to know. If you didn’t know clearly from him, you would feel like your friendship was seriously nothing at all.

“I am not sure why you assumed that, but we aren’t.”

Your eyes widened as you looked at him again. “But didn’t she confess, and you took her to the cinema? Don’t you love her?”

“Love?” Jungkook chuckled hard, shaking his head. “What are you saying? We went to the cinema yesterday because she wanted to meet with her friends and somehow I ended up going with them.”

They weren’t alone! You blinked confusedly. But Anne said…. Anne said…

You stared at the ground and felt lost in your own thoughts, repeating everything Anne said to you. She said she confessed. She said Jungkook took her to the cinema. She said….

“Anne is a nice person.” You said, playing with your fingers. “She was excited because you took her to the cinema.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter