Kisses of the sun/ Baekhyun

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My entry for Switch it Up Week 2015 by KayeAllen12 (I’m such a trash to her stories. She’s my role model <3)

Prompte: Sunset would never be the same.

Words count: 3717 (Yes! I managed not to exceed the limited words *grins*) 

Genre: Angst/fluff

Warning: None- Just... Don’t clench your toes while reading! Thank you XD 

 

Standing over the cliff, legs tilting downward and swinging in the air. A small rock broke from her kicks into the cliff and fell. Fell down, far away into the deep, clear ocean.

She wasn't scared. She was a free spirit like a bird and wished to fly one day. She had always loved the view over this cleft it calmed her down and relaxed her muscles, with the breeze holding her. It was her thinking spot, her mind refresher and the place that gave her inspiration to move on.

She observed the sun as it kissed the sea, a soft red color that almost was orange spread through the sky and twinned with the white clouds making thin lines of red.

She had always thought that at sunset the sky has the color of a beautiful blushing, shy face. Like a girl in love.

But now all she was thinking about was that it looked like a scar, above high on the sky. A scar that had a lot of pain within it, just like the scar that was made in her heart.

At the moment, she was sure that the sunset would never be the same. Ever again.

 

Because when she looked up at the sky, she would only think of the pain inside of her.

When the sun dropped like a teardrop and disappeared, she sighed and stood up to leave.

Another day had passed.

Why she couldn't go back to when everything was just as beautiful as it looked like? As simple as it used to be?

 

~~

 

Three months ago...

 

The weather was so hot and the sun was burning above peoples head. Y/N felt like the minutes was going so slow and it was getting slower and slower, as if time has stopped.

The heat was unbearable. Her hair was sticking to the back of her neck as she could feel the drops of sweat running down her back, making her shiver.

"Oh! I can't take this anymore." Her best friend, Baekhyun who she had known for almost three years said annoyingly.

He kicked the air as he jumped, making it on his feet. He stretched his hands above his head and groaned. "This is boring." He said honestly. "Seriously, so boring."

"Well, we don't have anything else to do." Y/N said, rolling over her bed. It was summer vacation and the two didn't know what they should do, especially with this deadly weather. If they went out, it would mean burning up alive.

"It's not like we are doing anything in the first place." Baekhyun kicked his legs to the ground like a little kid.

Y/N didn't know how she became a friend with him. Their personalities are completely different. And by completely, it means totally. She was like the south pole and he was the north pole. She was the ice and he was the fire. He was so hyper and she was so calm. They had nothing in common, but strangely they got along well.

Y/N knew that she couldn't survive one minute without him because simply he meant a lot to her.

Sighing with a roll of the eyes, Y/N settled herself up and looked at him with bored eyes. "What do you want to do then?"

"Let's go to Water Park."

Y/N couldn't help but chuckle, knowing he was joking. She wasn't planning on getting out of the house for at least three months. And getting out in this weather was impossible to her, she would never ever get out with this weather and Baekhyun knew that.

When Baekhyun expression didn't change and he didn't laugh, Y/N knew at the moment that he wasn't joking.

"You can't be serious." Y/N winced.

"Well, I'm." Baekhyun grinned at her.

She pushed herself backward again on her matter, rolling all over again as she said, "Then have fun. I will be waiting here."

Y/N eyes widened and she became alert when she felt a firm grip holding her legs. She glared at Baekhyun and dared him to do what she thought he was going to do.

Baekhyun smirked at her and raised his eyebrow in a gesture of saying: Try me.

"Let go." Y/N warned, pointing at him. She felt embarrassed and felt her cheeks getting red, as the position wasn't comfortable at all

How could Baekhyun not feeling embarrassed at all? She thought, thankful that she wore sweatpants and not her skirt.

"You are coming with him." He pulled her legs that she was dragged and moved a bit over the bed.

"Baek, I'm not going." She said determined as she held into the matter hard so that she wouldn't move any farther.

Baekhyun smirked and pulled her one more time. He was stronger so her grip on her bed was nothing as support. Her back was merely holding her up from the floor, if Baekhyun pulled once again she would fall down on the floor.

"Ha?" Bakehyun threatened as he tucked her legs playfully.

"Okay, I will go with you, just spare my soul." Y/N whined and he immediately let go of her. A big grin was placed on his face.

"Get prepare." He said, walking toward the door. "I'm giving you just five minutes."

"Twenty."

"No ten."

"Okay." He winked and closed the door behind him.

As the door closed, Y/N put a hand over her chest and sensed the increase of her heart beat and felt her stomach flipping.

She frowned hard, hating that her heart beat increased every time Baekhyun playfully touched her. Because she knew he didn't feel the same way as her.

He already had someone he liked.

~~

 

Upon reaching the water park, Baekhyun smiled and looked up at the burning sun. "I will defeat your heart." He challenged the sun, just like a little kid.

From a few inches away, Y/N was standing, smiling at Baekhyun behavior. He was always a kid in the heart, pure and innocent. Maybe that was why she was attracted to him, especially which he also had this playful side of his, which she admit loving the most.

"Let's go in." Y/N tapped Baekhyun's shoulder, before dragging him with her in the park. They paid and got their place set.

There were a lot of people here, playing around and having fun with the water games. Even though Y/N agreed on coming her, she was scared. She didn't like water and she couldn't swim at all. She once drowned when she was a kid and after that she never got near swimming pools or seas.

"Did you bring your swimming suit?" Baekhyun asked, putting his bag over his shoulder after getting a small white towel out of it.

"Uh? Yeah." Yes, she did bring it with. She didn't want to look bad in front of Baekhyun, but she knew that she wouldn't dare to come near water.

"Oh! I can't wait to see you wearing it."

Y/N slapped his arm and Baekhyun winced, rubbing where she had hit him. She stood up, making her chair making a sound underneath her. She snapped as wanted to hide her blush so bad. "Why would you want to see that?"

"To see how ugly you look at it, why do you think?" Baekhyun snapped back, not over that she hit his shoulder.

Y/N felt her chest tightened, but she smiled at him, almost grinned. "Of course I look ugly in it. That's why I'm not going to wear it."

"What?" Y/N felt proud when Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock.

"Yeah, so play alone." She stuck out her tongue and smirked at him.

"Oh, but it's not fun without you." He whined, shrugging his body.

"Your problem."

"Baek!!" A familiar, high pitched voice called and Y/N frowned. Without looking at the source of the sound, she knew who it was.

Baekhyun's smile widened as he waved eagerly. And that made Y/N frown, even more, seeing how excited he was after seeing her, Minah, his crush. The girl who he liked.  

Minah approached, she wore her eye smile that she always gave when she saw Baekhyun around. She linked her arms with him as soon as she made it next to him, sticking to his side like a bee.

"You are also here to play?" She asked him, ignoring completely that Y/N was also sitting in front of them.

"Yeah.” Baekhyun said shyly. Y/N could see his cheeks turning pink which made her inside boil with jealousy.

"It's strange finding you here, Minha." Y/N finally decided to talk. She said with a smirk. "I know you are an indoor person."

"Same for you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter