Heart to Heart/ Baekhyun, oc (Part 3)

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

OC - Yura

 

In the middle of the night, Yura woke up suddenly after having a bad dream. Her heart was racing and adrenaline was rushing through her veins. She blinked many times to clear her vision. 

The room was kind of dark. Not so dark to the point that she couldn't see anything, there was a small candle that was lit up at the other end of the room. 

She was confused, this room looked familiar, yet she wondered where she was.

Struggling under the blanket, she sat up and ran a hand over her face. It was so quiet, she wondered what time it was. But then a soft melody cut the silence and then Yura remembered everything.

Running away

The forest

The snake

Baekhyun

"Yeah, right." She murmured to herself. "Stupid." She slapped her both cheeks before making her way out of the bed.

Baekhyun was nowhere around the house, yet she could hear him humming that melody.

 

She smiled as she followed the source of the melody.

Opening the door, Yura stepped outside and the cold air, slapped her face, making her shiver. She had to hug herself for some warmth

"Why did you wake up?" Yura jumped in surprise, looking toward the direction of the sound.

Here he was, Baekhyun. He was siting on a huge log that was placed against the wall of the lodge. It was dark outside that Yura didn't even notice he was just beside her.

"You scared me." She said, putting a hand over her chest.

Now that she looked at him, he was glowing beautifully under the moonlight. Her heart skipped a beat and her cheeks turned slightly pink when she remembered how close she was to him the other day.

"Sorry." He said and patting the place beside him, inviting her to take a seat.

Yura walked toward him, hesitated at first before sitting beside him. She didn't know why she hesitated, but her heart was beating so fast that she thought she could pass out.

"So how do you feel now?" He asked her. The moonlight made it easier to see him, he was smiling. Yura found herself smiling back.

"I'm better. No high temperature, no cold, no hospital."

He chuckled softly, nodding. "Good."

"What are you doing here this late?" She asked him.

"Me?" He pointed at himself. When Yura looked around her, giving him a look that said: (I don't find anyone else here) he chuckled and nodded before looking in front of him. To the river.

There was a small river branch that passed in front of Baekhyun's house. Yura wondered why she hadn't noticed it before.

The way the moon reflected on the surface of the water was magnificent. It made Yura inhale deeply, letting the view clear up her mind.

"I'm just looking around... And thinking" He answered her honestly.

She wanted to ask what he was thinking about. But she didn't.

"That melody..." Yura started instead, making Baekhyun look at her. She cleared , feeling nervous now that his eyes were on her.

"What melody?"

"The one you were singing just a while ago" She said and he gave her a look that said: (what about it?)

Suddenly, Yura didn't know what about it. She just liked it. It made her relax, feeling better. There was something about this melody that set her free from everything around her.

"It's good." She looked away, and rubbed her hands in Baekhyun's sweatpants that she was wearing.

A pregnant of silence hovered over them, they were doing nothing in particular, except staring at the full moon up there. Yura started to think about going back inside. Not to lie, but it was kind of awkward.

"You asked me before why I live here." He started, making Yura turn her head toward him. "I told you then to get away from people, right?"

Yura nodded, but Baekhyun wasn't looking at her at all. He was still staring at the moon.

"Is there other reasons?" Yura asked and Baekhyun let out a sigh.

He shook his head and let out half a laughter that made Yura's heart ache. He looked in pain and she could see the hurt expression over his beautiful face.

"I have always been living on my own." He said. "But the world changed around me and I was still the same, nothing ever changes. So I have decided to live with the new world and get out of this forest."

Yura was listening, giving all her attention to Baekhyun. He looked at her and continued, "People started to fear me. Well secrets can't be hidden forever. Soon people knew about me and started to compete about getting me killed. Isn't it funny?" He chuckled painfully. "I was trying to live with them, be one of them, but they wanted to kill me."

Yura could feel the tightening in her chest. His pain reached her heart, she felt how he was feeling and wanted so badly to erase all his pain away. "Baek..." Her hand found his own, he didn't pull away, not even take it in his own. He just stayed still as he continued. "This place, I was created to protect it. As a protector I should never leave it, but when I decided to leave, things didn't go well. May be I just can't live normally."

"No" Yura said, shaking her head. "It's not your fault, Baekhyun. People aren't even human anymore. The real monsters are inside of them. They are cruel and awful with no heart. I don't think they ever have seen what you really are."

"But you aren't like them Yura." His hand that she was holding, turned around so that he could hold her hand in his palm. Yura felt the warmth sensation against her own hands as butterflies filled her stomach. He squeezed her hand in his once and smiled at her.

It was funny actually. She was the first one to make a move, yet she blushed when he held her hand.

"You don't even know me. I misunderstood you, too."

"You don't think of me as a monster anymore, right?" He asked. A soft smile was placed on his lips. He didn't let go of her hand and she didn't pull away.

"I don't know. I'm still confused." She said and Baekhyun let of her hand. She panicked at the loss of his warmth. Afraid that this could have hurt him, even though she didn't even know why she cared. Shaking her head, she corrected herself. "I didn't mean it like this Baekhyun. I can see that you are kind and have a good heart, but it's still confusing. You don't get to meet immortal creatures every day."

"I know." Baekhyun smiled, ruffling her hair. Her cheeks were now bloody red, she didn't even dare to look up at his eyes as he stood up.

"You should sleep. You hadn't taken enough amount of rest." He said, before walking toward the river.

Yura didn't want to go in, not when Baekhyun somehow opened up with her. She wanted to stay with him and to know him more and more. She looked up at his back and it looked lonely. It saddened her.

Standing up, she approached him and stopped right next to him, where the river was just three steps away from their feet.

"I ran away from home." Yura started. Baekhyun turned his head toward her, but said nothing.

So Yura continued. Baekhyun may have observed it or read her thoughts and worries, but she wanted to tell him. It is so comfortable to let out what was inside of you, sometimes

"My father's company went bankrupt and he had a lot of debt to one of the large's companies in china. So somehow I ended up being engaged with their CEO. He wasn't old." Yura chuckled, glancing at Baekhyun then returned back to look at the darkness of the forest. "I liked him. I did. I can't deny that. Actually, I may have been a little happy that I got engaged to a handsome CEO. He was nice to me and by marrying him I would save my family. It wasn't that bad."

"Then why did you run away? What changed?" Baekhyun asked.

Yura turned her head toward him and sighed, her smile dropped. A heavy teardrop cascaded down her cheek. Baekhyun resisted the urge to reach out and wiped it away. "What do you do when you knew that everything was a lie?" 

"What do you mean?"

(Flashback.)

"How can you do this to my daughter?" Yura's father snapped, pulling Tao from his collar.

Yura was standing behind the door listening to the conversation. She went to Tao's company to surprise him with a box lunch, but she regretted going there.

"Don't be like this, old man. It's not like they will be married for love." A female voice said, her tone made something in Yura's heart shatter.

"Stop it, Ruby." Tao said.

"But he still is her husband. He can't cheat on her." Your father spat. His voice getting louder and louder.

"If you don't like it, then let's end it all." Tao said smugly. Yura could hear the sneer in his voice. "And your company too. And what remained in your life, spend it in jail. Sounds good..." Yura heard the click of the lighter opening. She imagined him lighting up his cigarette and looking at her dad rudely. "R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter