Memory rewind / Mark (3)

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It had been a week since you stopped visiting him

He couldn’t remember you, he even didn’t believe you once excited in his life.

The box that was filled with presents and letters didn’t prove anything. He should believe his parents’ words, but it just made no sense. He remembered everyone, but you.

Why you?

 

He sometimes wished he could tell you to stop coming, that he didn’t know you at all. But he saw how sincere you were, your hidden tears, the hurt in your eyes. It all told him that he had forgotten someone important to him.

He realized how happy he was to see you every day. He was grateful for your effort that you spent on him this whole year, and was sorry that he couldn’t remember you. Even how much he tried so much to remember, you weren’t there anymore.

 

Now that you stopped visiting, he found himself waiting for your visit every day. But you didn’t come anymore.

“Mom,” Mark didn’t know where to start. He had been thinking about her for days that it was hard to breathe sometimes. “Who is she? Y/N I mean.”

“Your girlfriend, I told you that already.” She said, giving him a small smile.

“That’s it?”

“I thought a girlfriend is already someone important. Or what do you think?”

“No, she could be someone I was with to kill time with, but…”

“She is too loyal that you think she is someone who means more to you?” His mom completed for him, surprising him.

He bit his lips and nodded. He hated to admit that he had feelings for someone who he didn’t know or even remember. “Yeah, and there is Rena… She’s acting differently. I know she is my girlfriend, but then Y/N… I don’t know.”

His mom didn’t say anything and just sighed.

“Why did I forget about her if she is that important to me?”

“You know Mark, I could have blamed her for what happened to you. You got into an accident while trying to save her and her baby.” His mom smiled. Tears started to well up in her eyes. “I could have hated her for what had happened to you, but I couldn’t.”

“Her baby?” Mark’s eyes widened. His heart clenched hard in his chest. Baby! She was pregnant?

“I talked too much.” His mother cleared , wiping tears with the back of her hands. “You are being discharged tomorrow. You should rest well.”

“Mom! You can’t leave me like this.” Mark snapped, feeling panicked. “You should tell me everything. She was pregnant?”

“It doesn’t matter anymore, Mark.” His mother said firmly. “She had been through a lot of pain already. It would be better if we just let her live her life now.”

“I don’t understand.” Mark shook his head, trying to adjust his mother's words, with how you smiled every day at him, with how you held your tears in, with how you looked so shocked when he didn’t remember you. “Is that child mine? Then what happened to it? Mom, please.”

“The doctor said it will be hard for you if you remembered now.” She looked at him, sadly. “And I don’t want to lose you again, Mark.”

Mark started at nowhere as his mother left the room. They weren’t telling him everything. You were hiding something from, but why?

Hurrying to the cupboard, Mark found the box you brought with you a couple of weeks ago. He refused to look at him because it was no use. He wouldn’t remember you anyway. But now, he wanted to remember you.

Who are you? And why? Why only you?

Opening the box, Mark gasped as the first thing he saw was a wedding invitation. Mark & Y/N with a cute drawing of a bride and a groom that was clearly your style of drawing. The wedding day was supposed to be three weeks after the accident. It wasn’t only the wedding invitation card that broke his heart.

There were so many pictures of the two of you and both looked so happy and loving. Pictures of you while you were working, probably he was the one capturing them. A Picture of him while he was sleeping or helping in cleaning.

There was a book when he opened was full with his handwriting and highlight over some lines and a handwriting he didn’t recognize.

He forgot all this. He forgot all those smiles and memories about those days.

And then there was the baby sonar scan image, he felt ban

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter