>Let's Meet in Our Next Life

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for PastelClover // By: pilsuk123 

 

Title and Story Link:

Let's Meet in Our Next Life (Completed one-shot)

 

Title: (7/10)

The title wasn't special or attention-grabbing but it does relates to the story. It was emphasize well in the ending for a nice touch to show the connection between the story and the title. However, I feel that the title is hinting too much information. From the title, I feel as though someone is going to die in the story and later hope that they will meet in their next life together which exactly what happened in the story. I would have preferred a title where it didn't give off too much information, especially for a one-shot.

 

Overall Appearance: (8/10)

The overall appearance of the story was pleasing especially the font and size used for the wordings in the story. It was extrememly comfortable to read and pleasing to read as well. The poster was great as well, it gives off a angst feeling from the poster theme but I would have hope that a girl could be added in the poster because I feel that she takes up a bigger role than Myungsoo in the story as the story is mostly written in her point of view. The background was great and simple as well.

 

Description and Foreword: (5/10)

The description was slightly messy, the point of view kept on changing throughout the description. There's a few part that wasn't necessary as well in the description, for example - 'For the past four years' and 'Don't expect this story to..'. 'Don't expect this story to be...' wasn't quite necessary because you listed 'angst' as your story theme so it was a giveaway. Just like the title, too much detail and information was given away in the description. 

Except for the fact that the revelation of Myungsoo dying of Brain Tumor wasn't reveal, everything else is pretty much told in the title and description. You should have written a short description about the time spent with Myungsoo and your relationship with him in the description instead. Keeping the information of him being dead untold to give readers a small surprise.

Most importantly, the description didn't make me feel interested in reading the story. If I would to chance upon this story, I might not read on. It's a waste because I love your writing style and how you wrote this story. Try to keep it interesting by not revealing too much information of the story especially if it's a short one-shot story. 

 

Plot: (10/20) 

The plot wasn't original, I've probably read countless number of times about a brain tumor story where the main character will die or either make their love suffer. There isn't any twists or surprises in the story that make the story more original or different than the other brain tumor stories.

Along the story, there is a lot of missing details/information and holes in the story. You skipped too much in between as well. For example, when Myungsoo disappeared for a long time, you should write a part in his point of view to show the readers different side to the story ; instead of just writing how worried she is.

Secondly, the part when Myungsoo reappeared again, it was too sudden. You could build up slowly until the scene he ran out to look for her. It was all too sudden that he reappeared back and suddenly ask her to watch him perform. Should she insists on wanting answers why he disappeared instead of agreeing to watch him perform?

What I like about the story is you didn't rush the whole plot, you started slow and try to develop the characters relationship together. I really like the part about singing on the stage as well, even though I was really confused. When Myungsoo died, he died on the stage or? Because you said something about him dying but both you and Woohyun didn't react to that. What about the crowd? That part wasn't explained or written clearly but overall wise, I love the idea of him singing a song to her as a last gift. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter