>Rainbow

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for Lovex2254 // By: Michiusa

 

Title and Story Link:

Rainbow (Completed, reviewed with 15 chapters)

 

Title: (6/10)

Titles are supposed to act as a very basic summary of the story and be able to attract readers. In this case, this story is about Rainbow but from just looking at the title I wouldn't have known that this was about a girl's journey in becoming an idol. I would've thought more something like an yoai story since rainbows are supposed to represent gays. Or maybe something just fluffy and cute like a rainbow. Maybe change it to something like A Journey to Fame lol sorry it's not very good, I can't think right now.

 

Overall Appearance: (6/10)

There wasn't a poster made other than the picture of a girl who I assume you want to be Yuna? It would work out much better if you could point it out or even better request a graphics shop to make you a poster and hopefully provide you with a background as well.

You had the chapter's title on the side but not in the actual stories creating a inconsistency. It might look better if at the top of each chapter you just had: Chapter 1: New, Chapter 2: Auditions, Chapter 3: Mentor, etc...

I would also change the a/n: to the bottom of the page. 

 

Description and Foreword: (7/10)

Your description was pretty good although I feel like you're kind of giving away the details of 5 chapters right away with you mentioning Yuna's father kicking her out of the apartment.

An foreword would have been nice, something to lure the reader in. Maybe a blurb in the story that's got some in it that will make the reader have to read until up to that point. 

 

Plot: (12/20)

The idea of a girl moving in with a bunch of guys is rather cliche and used more often than it should especially since they are in Korea, a very conservative country where just looking at another idol in the wrong way could cause an uproar.

Your plot was unrealistic which made it hard for me to get into the story such as living with the B.A.P.s. The press and netizens would have a field day with this. Not only is she living with the same building as an already popular idol but she's also living in the same apartment. What about the rest of the trainees? Why aren't they living there too? Is that all the money they have? This is suicidal for a entertainment company.  Or when she just decides to go on a vacation to visit her friends. How are B.A.P.'s just able to leave, they seem to be free all the time to accompany Yuna. Personally it sounds like B.A.P. are acting more like managers rather than idols.

About the time when Jongup and Yuna kissed, I instantly knew what the rest of your story would be like. At some point some if not all would at one point have feelings for B.A.P.. While this is what all us fans wish to happen, it just doesn't happen and it's a knife that would break up the group. Can you imagine all of your best friends dating your ex? Since you ultimately ship your OC with Zelo maybe they should have less obstacles in love and in other problems, this way it'll help keep your plot more interesting and add more twists to it.

 

Language: (18/20)

Overall your language was great and your sentences made sense, making the story easier to read. However, there are a few problems

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter