>Choose Your Poison

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Review for handcuffed // Reviewed by: pilsuk123

 

Title and Story link:  

Choose Your Poison (Completed story with 4 chapters)

 

Title: (18/20)

Although I was really hesitant about the title at first, it's actually a lot better after reading the story. It's simple, memorable and original. I love the impression I get from the title before I read the story and get a different feeling after reading the story. At first, it sounded a bit more dark, angst, alluringly dangerous feeling to it and after reading the story I get to understand that it isn't literally about poison. The 'poison' here kind of refers to the ual taste of the characters and I thought it was really y. I think it's a great title and you managed to pull the title with the story off by describing what it means in the story and in the description.

 

Overall Appearance: (3/5)

I really like the overall appearance of chapter 1 and d/f because of the font style used even though it was slightly too small for me to read in comfort. I liked how it was plain and classy and you didn't decided to add a tacky background picture but I did feel that a poster would do this story good. The picture used was pretty but it didn't completely suit the story but I do get why you chose it since they're wearing their suits and together but maybe you can try to consider getting a poster :)

 

Description and Foreword: (18/20)

I'm so completely in love with the description you came up with. In my opinion, it's even better than the title because it immediately drew me in! Just from the first sentence in the description, I was already so keen to read it. It sounded classy, interesting, original and definitely impactful. It's isn't too long and moreover you revealed just enough to draw readers in but managed to keep it short and sweet without revealing too much about the plot.

It's just a wonderful description for the story and I loved it! Cheers to the lustful high class story too!

 

Plot: (20/30)

When I first saw the tags and saw 'pwp', I was so worried that I this review of judging the plot will bring the marks down but after reading the story, I was relieved. I can't actually say that the story was backed up with a great plot or mind-blowing storyline but there's a few parts that revolves around the plot that you had in the story. One of my favorite thing is that you didn't just have no plot and start the whole scene going on in the story. Instead you described the bar, the drinks, how they communicate with each other (which was really interesting to read their replies to each other), their appearance etc. It built a better connection between them when I read the scene part. Moving on to the scene part, it's just plain y. Although I would've wished for it to be more specific and more detailed, it's actually pretty good (the part). It was really y and without me realizing I was moving further and further way from the laptop to read during the part. Lastly, the part which I really liked as well was how you made the story work with 'Choose Your Poison'. I liked how you blended it into the story effortlessly without making it too forced and I thought the idea of Sehun's dose of poison in the story as in getting a taste of Jongin. That was really clever and memorable.

 

Originality: (19/20)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter