>Graveyard Boys, Season One

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Review for exoticara9 // Reviewed by: pilsuk123

 

Title and Story link:  

Graveyard Boys, Season One (Ongoing, reviewed with 4 chapters)

 

 

Title: (20/20)

One word to summarize the whole title: perfect! Ignoring the fact that in my own opinion that I loved the title, it has all the aspects of a good title. It's original, unique and sounds interessting. Moreover, you emphasize the title's meaning right from the beginning and to the end, making sure readers can grasp the meaning of the title with the story. It's also have a strong connection and can relate to the story well because Graveyard Boys is their group name which will be mentioned and have be explained countless times in the story. It's like 'Boys over flower' because it's their group's name, thus the title as well. 

 

 

Overall Appearance: (4/5)

I would've given a full score here as well because you did everything in terms of visually so damn well. From the chapters format, front, size are all perfect and it was comfortable reading and the d/f was neat and organized! It's just that a poster or a background picture would definitely complete the whole story and it's overall appearance. I can already imagine an amazing poster of the graveyard boys in the middle shinning through.

 

 

Description and Foreword: (16/20)

The description of the story, overall, is good. The content of the description was just enough to bring to people's attention and wanting them to know and read more but it's just that a few parts could either be better constructed and some of it could be edited. For eg: 

Yixing is attracted with older guys, to be more specific, with his Dad.

(Yixing is attracted to older guys and more specifically with his Dad.)

Next, I don't think putting in 'Good luck es. Xoxo, G' is a good idea because readers might turn away thinking it's a complete pretty little liars ripped off (Which is not because you have a lot of original ideas in the story). Also, the description content is good but it's definitely not the best since what you've listed about the boys aren't including Suho (who plays a huge part in graveyard boys) and about Yixing liking older guys/his dad isn't quite valid since after what I've read in the story, it's just his father forcing him to perform oral on him and it's not too much about being attracted or liking yet so I don't know.

The foreword was really nice and I liked how it's written as acknowledgements, I thought that was really nice and cute.

 

 

Plot: (26/30)

TIt's really hard to judge 'plot' correctly or close to correct because all I can judge is based on the 3 chapters that is currently posted and I can't really judge much on building of plot or ending because you've just started. Starting with the conflicts of the story, it's about an anonymous 'G' who knows all about the graveyard boys deepest secrets and kept on taunting them with text messages. The conflict of 'G' was strong at the very beginning after 'G' texted them to head towards the gas station but it soon became rather weak after a while. Yes, the constant taunting and being threatened that 'G' might expose all of their secrets is a good conflict, it's not enough because at the end of chapter 3, they're coming closer to finding out who 'G' is and it's now down to only less than 5 suspect. What I'm afraid of is what happens after finding out who 'G' is and what this 'G' person plans to do.

After the revelation of 'G', I don't know what other conflicts can arise because a good plot will only thicken with plot twists or conflicts in the story.

There's a lot you have to solve in hand right now. About Suho's disappearance, why Jessica hates them and how she got her broken leg, when is Baekhyun coming into the story,  how does Luhan plays a role in the story etc. You can try to solve and explained clearly one by one about those I mentioned above in the upcoming chapters so readers can catch up with the story. 

Lastly, so far in the story, it has been going in a straight line. No plot twists, no sudden conflict or surprising factor in the story until in chapter 4 when 'G' finally appears. I think you can have a shocking plot twist for the revelation of 'G' and Suho to thicken the story's plot in the later chapters.

Other than that, I actually loved the story even though I'm no fan of mystery or or horror or suspense or any of that but I loved this story. It gave me chills and nightmare the night after reading this. It's really interesting reading the story and I think it's a wonderful plot filled with lots of potential. I'm sure many readers will really liked the story's plot as well. Just be careful about having too much to solve and about slowly building up the plot and having conflicts and in the story.

In your latest chapter, I loved how you end it off as a cliffhanger. Without me realizing, I was actually holding my breath! The part where 'G' came for Kyungsoo and made a small appearance. Wow, that was perfect and awesome.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter