>Diary of a Fangirl

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Review for gerigerie // Reviewed by: pilsuk123

 

Title and Story link:  

Diary of a Fangirl (Completed, reviewed with 22 chapters)

 

Title: (16/20)

It's actually an ideal and suitable title for the story for what it means and stands in the story and how it realates to the story but it's leading readers to assume about all the wrong things by the title. If just by reading the title, it might put off as a typical and unoriginal story when it's completely isn't and I feel that it was a bit of a disappointment to such a great story. In addition, the title gives a perception that it's about a story based on a fangirl's dairy which isn't the case as well. 'Diary of a Fangirl' did take place in the story but it happened at the very few last chapter (Chapter 18). The title didn't actually belonged to the story until the later chapters where Hana starts writing a dairy and then it made perfect sense of the title and the story. I feel that a story title have to completely belonged to a story even before the very first chapter to make it feel that the title solely belongs to the story.

In general, I would say that it falls short because of how wonderful the story is and my expectation of the title must be as high because the plot is so original and amazing. It'll be a waste to lose potential readers if they misunderstand the storyline by the title itself.

 

Overall Appearance: (4/5)

I really like the font style and size used as it was so comfortable reading but the constant change in colour sometimes annoy me because they're really drastic from pink to blue to black and sometimes it happen all in one chapter - making it pretty hard for readers to connect and feel as ease. What I really want to point out is the poster and the pictures used in the story. First of all, I feel that the poster is also under expectation. I think that it might not be a bad idea to request from a graphic/poster shop because I can visualize how amazing it could look already. With a dark, angst feel to it and the poster with Sehun, Luhan and Hana. That would looked amazing! Secondly, the pictures in the chapters. Some pictures really suit the feel in the story and it fits well with the chapter but I'll recommend to use at little as zero pictures in between paragraphs because it really disrupts the flow of the story. For example, chapter 9. There's so many disruption and disturbance in this chapter, Luhan gif in the middle, postcard in the beginning, message style for the starting part, sentences/quotes below luhan's gif, picture of the presents, another out of place quote/sentence and another luhan's gif at the end before the ending. I feel that instead of posting pictures, you can describe them in the story and a great example is to replace the presents with sentences.

 

Description and Foreword: (17/20)

It was slightly disorganized because most of the things are separated when they should be grouped together to make it look tidier. First to start off, I really like the one sentence you've decided to use for the story's description - What happens when your bias becomes your sasaeng fan? It really draw people's attention in and makes you feel interested in the story because it's unique and original. Everything under the description except for that sentence should be moved under foreword instead and arrange the foreword. If you would like, you can move the short paragraph preview of the story up to the description and label it as the story's excerpt. 

Moving on the to the content, I really liked the short preview that's currently the foreword. Saying this from the reader's point of view, the description caught my attention but it's slightly confusing and before I want to read the story, I would need that last push and the short preview/excerpt is exactly that push. 

 

Plot: (28/30)

WHERE THE HELL DO I START? I seriously don't know where to start for the plot, there's just so many to talk about. To start off, I feel that the overall story was fantastic and brilliant. I love the idea of things turing around and instead of a fan being a sasaeng, it's the other way around when your idol turns around to be the one. The plot was quickly thicken right from the very beginning from the way Luhan was attracted to Hana and how he wants to know more desperately. It's very interesting to see how their relationship grows and how things turned out to be but the fact that Hana so quickly accepted luhan/chester was the unrealistic aspect for me. It feels unreal for her to warm up to someone she barely knows so quickly (for luhan and her to make love right from the very first time he reveal himself) and for her to think that she falls in love with chester so quickly (someone she have not even met and it could bring her to tears and make her cry because of him). 

It's a good thing to always keep the readers wanting to know more and the story was so engagaing that I couldn't stay away! I thought that from the start to the ending of the story, it's a perfectly planned and it was engaging throughout. There's always a new rise of conflict or problem to keep the story flowing and still be interesting and intriguing. 

However, the fact about Hana getting pregnant was a bit off as well. I feel that luhan and herself didn't take it seriously and it feels strange. I could understand when luhan was acting cold and couldn't do anything about it, but the fact that hana wasn't determined to keep the baby or her trying to find another solution other than abortion bothered me. It bothered me even more when she wants to keep the baby or feels terrible after abortion because she wants to keep the baby but did nothing about it. She could have quite school to start a new life or at least have the thoughts to think of another solution other than following up the abortion. 

I thought the best part of the story is Sehun being in it. He brings a whole new side to the story which surprises me because at the beginning, I feel that the story tag 'hunhan' shouldn't be in it at all but I changed my mind after I get to know what he brings to the story. Not only did he bring a whole new level/side to the story to make readers see things different, he made the story even more mind-blowing and even more engaging and even more interesting than it already is! At first, he was just helping Hana because he wants to help Luhan and at that point of time, he pitied hana but as they went through the abortion together and how warm he was to her, I had a complete different feeling of the story. It changes everything. I love these type of addition in a story. There's infinite possiblities with him in the story now. It was lovely how he felt attracted to Hana at the end of the story and it makes it even more devastating. Sehun's part of the story definitely made the story. Without him in it, it would just be a pretty average story. The story have so much more potential if only his character was further developed and explored. Readers, like me, would love this type of story. 

Also, the ending of the story was just plain mean and mind-blowing. Hana's end chapter completely blew my mind. I could visualize everything. I could feel everything. I could feel Sehun's pain, misery and desperation. I could feel my heart breaking for hana and sehun. I could feel how luhan was feeling and why he decides to do this. Everything was just described so well and perfectly and witho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter