>The Same Stage

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for myunghyun4ever // By: pilsuk123

 

Title and Story Link:

The Same Stage (Ongoing, reviewed with 20 chapters)

 

Title: (6/10)

I understand that you've change the title from 'Once A fan, Now an Idol' to 'The Same Stage' and even though I prefer 'The Same Stage' more, both title are missing a spark. In my opinion, it doesn't sound special or intriguing  but it was extrememely easy to find your story so it's a good thing.

 

Overall Appearance: (6/10)

Honestly, I didn't like the poster because it looks too pretty pink and cheerful. The background picture of the poster was also unrelated to the story as well. However, I really like how the characters were place and edited, it look perfect. There wasn't any background picture to judge but I would recommend to place a subtle, simple and plain background picture. 

Secondly, I realized that your chapters are all too wordy and it's because you didn't paragraph your chapter at all! This discourage me to read everything because it was just too wordy and by paragraphing, not only will it bring more pleasant in reading but it will also make your chapters look neat and organize. By paragraphing, I mean a clear blank of space before continuing so there's a break in between.

 

Description and Foreword: (5/10)

I like the idea of drastic comparison done in the description, where you start off by saying the promises that he made 10 years ago but 10 years later, he did nothing he said he will do. However, I didn't like the foreword as much as the description because it's too long, it made me extremely confuse and it wasn't interesting. For the foreword, I would try to keep it extremely short, simple but interesting. Find your highlight/ of your story and write a short foreword about that part and make it interesting. As I've mentioned, I was confuse by the foreword and it's simply because out of nowhere, characters are thrown at me without notice or warning. You could always write a short introduction to your characters in the foreword to avoid letting readers getting confuse. For the review form, what you've written for the short summary (A girl manages to venture into the Kpop World, but what happens when it isn’t what she had expected it to be?) was even better than the foreword itself but if you insist on keeping the foreword, at least shorten it to make it less wordy. The quote in the poster was better as well! (Sometimes, everything is just better from a distance.)

Firstly, let's start with some of the corrections for the description to make it sound better:

 

-You should never have made a promise you couldn't keep. (Don't ever make promises you can't keep)     -Ten years on, you left me to make my way to the top alone.  (Ten years on, you've left me to make your own way to the top alone without me)    

-Ten years on, you made me cry whenever I thought of you.

(Ten years on, I'm crying alone.)

 

But, 

Ten years on, I finally found you.

(But,

Ten years on, I've finally found you.)

 

Plot: (17/20) 

The plot from the beginning was just too mundane and I wasn't interested at all but I could feel your story developing into the highlight/ that I couldn't stop! I actually planned to stop reading at chapter 12 which is the current rule but I didn't manage to stop. It was getting interesting after all! What I would advice you is to have complications right from the start. The main character (Minhee) was living a completely perfect life until the part where she got bullied as a trainee. That was a good complication and problem to add! Secondly, I know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter