>Humanity's Code

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for flamzfox // Reviewed by: pilsuk123

 

Title and Story Link:

Humanity's Code (Completed one-shot, divided into 8 chapters)

 

Title: (9/10)

The title should score a full mark because there's a strong connection with the plot, relates well and it's unique! However, the title didn't sound as interesting as the story plot itself and I couldn't help but feel that it could be better as though it isn't the best title for the story. 

 

 

Overall Appearance: (10/10)

What else can I say when you always have the perfect simple layout, amazing poster, perfect color used for the words and ideal paragraphing? Everything look so classy and I love how comfortable it was reading, (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe you didn't set black colour for the words right because it didn't strain the eyes one bit and it kept you reading without any pauses or break! Amazing poster too, it fits the whole concept you're going for and it looks amazing! I would've have wanted Suho in the poster as well because he take a huge part for the ending but I completely understand if it's only Kris and Yixing because their the main characters in the story before Suho.

 

 

Description and Foreword: (7/10)

I think the description and foreword fell short because most of the parts that I love in the story wasn't hinted or at least highlighted a little in this page. For example, Suho, cinnamon scent, rain etc.

I really love the part 'Test subject 2034, Zhang Yixing, was real. Kris had programmed life itself' in the description, I feel that it brought a lot of attention with it but the sentences before that in the description didn't make as strong as the impact made for 'Test subject 2034...'.

For the foreword, it's fine but to be honest I skipped that whole part at the beginning before I read until when I'm writing the review, I went back to read it. The foreword was alright but it wasn't special or interesting. I don't read sci-fi stories at all because at how hard it can be to understand the story but yours was easy to undestand and catach up. I would have regretted not reading because of the foreword, try to add in more interestings facts to it, hopefully it would bring more non-scifi readers to read.

 

 

Plot: (20/20) 

I don't think I ever gave a full mark for 'plot' before because it's quite demanding to get a perfect score but for this story's plot, if I could, I would give a 21/20! It's brilliantly made with so much thoughts, efforts and emotions that it's so deserving, much more deserving than a full score! There was dynamic in the story as it develop and little by little you slowly reveal parts about Yixing which I think you did a perfect job with! From the start, the question that keep repeating in my head is Yixing, Yixing, Yixing. It's as though you read my mind and revolve and focus on a reader's questions.

With every chapter, you reveal something about Yixing that make the story! It crucial to have a great plot but the way you had written an amazing plot with much thoughts was admiring. Other than having great control over dynamic and reader's interest, you've also manage to have complications along the way. At first, the only problem I thought that would surface is who would Lay choose in between Kris and Suho but later I realize that it isn't that simple. If Lay would to live and others find out about bring the dead back alive, it would have ruin the whole society and destroy every law. 

There was something else I wasn't clear of the plot and that is why Suho had to put into competition twice, once with Yixing and later again with Kris. Did I misunderstood something along the way? The only part that wasn't clear was just the part during Yixing and Suho's period, where Suho left to tend to his sick mother but Yixing surrender and got killed instead. Did Yixing thought that Suho was going to leave him for his family? 

Needless to say, the ending was near perfect as well! I would've have hope for another ending before I read that last chapter but I think the ending you chose to go with is not only pleasantly surprising, it was more realistic as well. I wouldn't be able to end it as well as you did if you choose a different ending so no complaint here since it's a pleasant satisfactory closure to the story!

 

 

Language: (19/20)

This would probably

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter