>Letters to Jongin

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Review for -heartfelt-

 

Title and Story Link:

Letters to Jongin (Ongoing, reviewed with 5 chapters)

 

Title: (8/10)

The title was good that in a sense, it's interesting and relates to the story but because 'Letters to Jongin' is a vast title/idea, it will be quite difficult to find your story. If you search through 'Letters to Jongin' in the search bar, your story isn't found on the first page. I would recommend to add in words/description to the title to make it stand out more and to not have similar names/title. I think your username suits in the title well, 'Heartfelt Letter to Jongin' or 'Heartfelt Letters to Kim Jongin' etc.

 

Overall Appearance: (10/10)

The poster looks amazing, I love it! It was the ideal poster, I love how the gif plays at the bottom and how the main characters are positioned at the top. Your layout was also simple and it suits the theme, the background picture was great and simple too, full marks!

 

 

Description and Foreword: (9/10)

The content and emotions that your description is giving off is great but there's some grammar mistakes and some information could get quite misleading. Other than those I've mentioned below, I think you deserve a high mark as you've written it so well and still manages to make it sound interesting. Great job!

 

-For example, 'Barely any family' could be misleading as readers might think he doesn't have a family when in fact he have a sister,brother and his parents. 

 

-He spends his days writing to Jongin, or at least, he thinks that's his name.

(This could get quite misleading to think that Jongin and Kyungsoo are complete strangers but actually in fact they're schoolmates/classmates. It would be strange for you not to know Jongin's name because he's popular, he got called to read in class before and lastly they're classmates. If you're referring 'Jongin' as his stage/fake name, specify it. For example: He spends his time writing to Jongin, or at least, that's what everyone in school is calling him.)

 

- He spends his days writing to Jongin.

(He spends his time writing to Jongin.)

 

-And in the end, will Kyungsoo's unknown love story open up?

(And in the end, will Kyungsoo's unknown love story be revealed?

OR And in the end, will Kyungsoo's unknown love story finally opens up?) 

   

Plot: (19/20) 

The plot itself with the idea of having it written in a letter form was already amazing enough, but with the plot twist from chapter 6, it's definitely one of the best written storyline I've ever read! I love how you've written it in just Kyungsoo's point of view and it was expressed beautifully. It was as though I know Kyungsoo in real life! I really like how you manages to hide the fact that it's a story about power and supernatural theme part and it comes off as a absoloute pleasant surprise. 

 

Language: (17/20)

Absolutely in love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter