> c e l o

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for theshadowknight_ // By: Shy_Daydreamer

 

Title and Story Link:

c e l o (Completed with 12 chapters)

 

 

Title: (10/10)

The title was absolutely unique. It wasn't like those commonly used one word titles, it was a really different title, a fresh breath of air for readers who wanted to read something different. Also, it would be enough to catch the reader's attentions, that's why I gave a high score.

 

 

Overall appearance: (9/10)

Dark fantasy was obviously present in your poster and background, which could make a really huge impression on new readers. Although, the foreword looked a little messy, since the mixed up fonts of shop titles made it look messy. Try using one layout to type all of them on, okay? I mean type them all until it looked neat. Besides, that was the only flaw in this section, everything else was okay.

 

 

Description and Foreword: (9/10)

The description of the story had too much information that it somehow foreshadow the story in general. In writing descriptions, you should always use a few words that best describe the story and at the same time wouldn't be able to give out a lot of information about the story. For me, the poem was enough for the description, since poems had this feeling wherein you go and decipher what it's telling the readers. Other than that, everything's okay.

 

 

Plot: (18/20)

All that I could say about the plot is that, it might not be one of the most original stories I've read, but it had this twist that could captivate a lot of readers.

It might not be really original, but the plot twists actually got me craving for what will happen next. Also, the way you portrayed the story in both of the siblings' point of view brought clarity to the story in general, since there were questions in Baekhyun's side which was answered in Jihyun's side.

One of the plot twists in the story that made the readers enjoy the story's the fact that Jihyun was mute and that she knew about the mother's plan of selling them to a cannibal. Some of the readers might foreshadow how the story might go, but the plot twist got them thinking otherwise.

 

Language: (16/20)

“We can’t continue to live like this!”

("We can't continue living like this!")

I woke up with a startle.
(I woke up startled.)

“Good morning. Do you want to help me make breakfast.”
("Good morning. Do you want to help me make breakfast?")

The only things that have been different recently are her eyes.
(The only thing that had been different recently is her eyes.)

Her eyes were the things that were giving something away.
(Her eyes was the thing that gave something away.)

“I’ll call you out for breakfast later.
("I'll call you out for breakfast later.")

I really should be worried since Jihyun has decided to disappear off somewhere everyday for the past few weeks at the exact time every single day, but for some strange reason, I’m not.
(I really should be worried since Jihyun decided to wander off somewhere everyday for the past few weeks at the exact time, but for some strange reason, I'm not.)

It was already late in the afternoon when we finally got home after searching the entire town for any traces of a weird Byun Jihyun anywhere.
(It was already late in the afternoon when we finally got home after searching the entire town for any traces of a weird Byun Jihyun.)

“Me neither.”
("Me either.")

Miss Yoon Mi gave exactly that amount a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter