> A Thousand You

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for Divergin1004 // Reviewed by: cutehae

 

Title and Story link:  

A Thousand You (Completed, Oneshot)

 

Title: (9/10)

The only little thing I have to say, is that it's a bit common and may not attract people's interest all that much. But it's really good. I really loved how well it played for the story and how much it meant. At first I thought that the title meant the many times they actually got to meet by casualty and before they even spoke to themselves but later I saw that it was more than that. The part where Woohyun saw Sunggyu in so many people after the 'incident' was so nicely described and it portrayed really well the title you chosed. 

 

Overall Appearance: (10/10)

There is nothing wrong I have to say about the appearence as a whole. Your poster is really nice and I really like the backgound. Both the description and foreword are very neat and everything was put in order without anything being messed up. 

 

Description and Foreword: (9/10)

Both the description and foreword are very nice, they don't reveal much of the story but it explains a lot actually. It's simple and gives a good girst impression of the story. 

There is only a little mistake I saw in the foreword which I will explain below.

Original: You brush faces off like they're just another head on a portait picture,

Correction: You brush faces off like they're just another head on a portrait picture,

I'm pretty sure it was just a simple spelling mistake.

 

Plot: (17/20)

I actually loved your plot a lot. It was really interesting and I just loved it's simplicity and I don't mean this in a bad way but quite the contrary. Usually people wite stories that are already complicated from the beginning and I just loved how you took a simple concept to actually write yours. 

The fact that this story is based on the simple concept of humans and how we never seem to actually give much thought to anything or anyone as we walk through a street, for me is very refreshing. 

And the part where everything seems to complicate when that 'incident' happened was a really nice plot twist that at first leaved me really confused and I didn't really get what was happening, but you explained it really well in the end. And also the reason why Woohyun seemed to have so much interest in looking at people pass by. 

A really innovating story to be honest. 

The reason why I actually did take some points is because at times you get this feeling of tiredness. The simplicity of the story, although a very nice change, is a bit boring at times and the fact that you made a lot of description has to do too. I think having put more action in the first part as you did over the end would have been much more better. 

 

Language: (15/20)

Your grammar is not very bad. I have seen mistakes, however, and I will point out some but I think looking over it would be a really good option since you could see the other little things. 

 

Original: A swarm of figures past me with their shadows lingering behind, and you were no exception. 

Correction: A swarm of figures passed past me with their shadows lingering behind, and you were no exception.

I think that you thought that 'past' was the verb of the sentence but it's not like that. The correction above is good or you could put 'passed by me' so that it sounds better since 'passed past' may sound a bit off.

 

Original: Shaking my head umbrella for a bit, I looked up to see the redhead enter the door; small eyes, a small nose and thin lips that resembled the colour of a pale rose in spring. Must I mentioned that despite the damp, really damp, weather, his white, smooth-like porcelain skin was vibrant against the dull and grey tone of the rain. I shrugged. Upon entering, I glanced one last time at the redhead.

Correction: Shaking my head/umbrella for a bit, I looked up to see the redhead enter the door; small eyes, a small nose and thin lips that resembled the colour of a pale rose in spring. I must mention that despite th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter