>Mixing with Darkness

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for flamzfox

 

 

Title and Story Link:

Mixing with Darkness (Ongoing, reviewed with 15 chapters)

 

 

Title: (8/10)

I like the title but I felt that it wasn't the best for the story, the storyline itself was so wonderful that I feel that the title should be as good as well. I think the title you came up with for your chapters are better than the main title but it didn't bother me too much because 'Mixing with Darkness' was memorable and I remember this title at the back of my head. Another thing is that, till now, I couldn't fully see the full connection with the title and plot. At some point of the story, some chapters (for eg, Mixing of Fate, chapter 4)  does relate a little to the title but still the full picture is yet to come. I believe you're waiting for the highlight of the story and from there, people will be able to fully relate to the story. 

 

 

Overall Appearance: (10/10)

Perfect overall appearance! The poster was perfect, the layout was simple and everything was pleasing to see and read, full score!

 

 

Description and Foreword: (10/10)

First off, if people are still hesitating whether they should read the story or not, the description and foreword will definitely catch their attention enough for them to read on! I never felt so excited to read a story until I read your description/foreword and I immediately jump into the story right away! It's probably one of the best ever except/foreword ever written! The feeling I get from reading it was amazing and I had this voice in my head begging me to quickly read it!

 

However, for the description, I feel that it gives off a little too much details of the story that it no longer make me curious about the main storyline or the position of the characters or how the story is going to end. The foreword, on the other hand, is perfect I wouldn't ever change it. The quote at the end (''Yi Fan ge, we meet again'') was so brilliant and how everything was describe in the foreword was perfect, possibly one of the best foreword ever written in my opinion. 

   

Plot: (18/20) 

Great plot and I love it! I'm not sure if you know that I'm a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes and have a soft spot for mystery, thriller and crime stories and movies! It my first time reading such stories in aff and I think you set the bar high for other authors to write such stories. I think how you have a great understanding of the content of the story, by the way you clearly describe the jewelry and  the characters position of police/thief etc!

 

It was even better how you name every thing in detailed and with a name that made the story so original and special. (For eg. The Scarlet Thief, Lay the reporter, Chanyeol and his one night stands etc) But, I think all of the individual plot itself is good enough to be separated into two/three story, so why suffer of having all three great individual plot in one story? I love all of the plot you have for all of them which includes Chanyeol-Baekhyun, D.O, Lay, Suho, Kris-Tao! I think it will be a lot easier for you to separate them into a different and new story because all of them are good! 

 

Lastly, I love how the plot did not only focus on the thief and how Kris is going to find the Scarlet Thief but it al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter