>Turning Page

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Review for gamefishie // Reviewed by: AutumnsConcierto

 

Title and Story link:  

Turning Page (Ongoing, reviewed with 19 chapters)

 

Title: (17/20)

The title isn't original because there are so many other fanfics with the same title, but I think it accurately envelops how the story has been carried out thus far. Plus, it's inspired by a song of the same name anyways. (Random, but I think the song matches the story as well.) 

 

Overall Appearance: (4.5/5)

I absolutely adore the appearance of the fanfic. The poster is blurred and somewhat "harsh," setting up a nice tone as a look into what the story is about. The background isn't as impressive as the poster, but it is still nice.

 

Description and Foreword: (20/20)

If I had found this fanfic on my own time and not by having been assigned to review this, the description would have definitely pulled me in. It's short and concise, leaving room for mystery and curiousity. I really love the first sentence the most.

The foreword is very neat and the gifs are adorable (although they kind of aren't supposed to be...) The quotes from Sehun and Daesom describe their characters in a sentence, and they do not stray from how they are presented in the story.

 

Plot: (26/30)

The plot is simple - yet not simple. I don't know if I'm describing this correctly, but the little twists and reveals induced a lot of "Ohhh!" moments for me. The set up of certain scenarios makes things look deceiving until they are actually revealed. For example, I initially thought that Sae Hee was the dead lover of Sehun, I never would have thought Daeseom was hopelessly in love with her brother rather than Kris, etc. I really love that the secrets are hard to guess.

There are so many ties that each of the characters have. Luhan's family and Sehun's family, Daeseom with her family story, etc. Sometimes, it makes things a little confusing because there's so much to remember. There's everything in this story, the cold guy, the hopeless one-sided love, the illicit love for a non-blood related sibling, cheating, illness, the list goes on and on. It can make things a bit overwhelming while I'm reading, and I have to reread certain things in order to get the information right.

 

Originality: (17.5/20)

The story isn't very original if I had to think about it. There are so many somewhat cliche elements the story is built up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter