>The Quiet Boy

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for cyuan00 // By: pilsuk123 

 

Title and Story Link:

The Quiet Boy (Completed one-shot)

 

 

Title: (8/10)

I wasn't impressed by the title but it's definitely a better title or at least a more ideal title that your previous title. It's not the best title because the plot was great but it suits the plot perfectly and there was a strong connection with the story line as well. While reading, I immediately thought of owl, who is alike with the main character of your story, who's only active at night. I can't give you a better title but I would have associated the title with night or active by the night. For example, Awake at midnight/ Awaken at night/He who's awake (?)/ Sleepless life etc. I'm sorry I can't seem to come out with better ideas on the title, these are all I can think of now.

 

 

Overall Appearance: (8/10)

The poster was messy and disorganize but the background picture, gdragon and the colour of the title in the poster was great! I think you'll just need to blend the character better into the story and type out the title instead of writing it. Other than the poster, I gave a high score because I really love how the layout/stanza of the poem looked in the chapter! It was neatly organize and it actually look like a great real poem I read in literature books. I was really impressed at how you aligned the stanza correctly and how you have the correct haiku. I almost forget the term 'haiku' because it's been close to a year since my last literature class. Overall appearance for the chapter is excellent but I'll recommend to get a poster or improve on your current one.

 

 

Description and Foreword: (6/10)

For me, the description and foreword didn't quite level up to how good the poem was. It wasn't interesting and I wouldn't go read it if I manage to chance upon this story. It's such a waste because I think you have great potential and the poem is actually really amazing! I know that considering that it's a short poem, writing a description for it might be hard but you can try to write something that has an impact of readers, enough for them to want to know more and read on. The currently description foreword is fine but it could be better.

 

 

Plot: (19/20) 

I think it's obvious that I really love the poem of the story and I think it was impressive! I read a lot of poems and was force to write poems before so I completely understand how hard it is but you manage to write a great poem. If I would to read each stanza again and again, I would actually be able to interpret it into something else, and I think hidden message and content is important. At the same time, the poem also leads to broad personal interpretation and conclusion which I really like! Other than all the amazing things, I love the ending of the poem, where you wrote that g-dragon is just like any students who have to go to school just like another typical day.

 

 

Language: (19/20)

For a poem, I think the language to write it can be really ambiguous and flexible so there isn't much I can write here but there's one part where I think the change of word could be better but it's completely up to your personal preference as poems/literatures can be treated lightly. For example, if it's in a poem, 'He who fights dragon' is definitely acceptable even though it might not be grammatically correct in a real formal writing. The rest are fine and since I didn't manage to find any mistakes, a high score it is.

I really like how this poem sounds when you read it aloud because you can literally hear how it rhymes and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter