>Ever Ever After

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Review for amber_rose // Reviewed by: LeggomyJello

 

Title and Story link:  

Ever Ever After (Ongoing, reviewed with 14 chapters)

 

Title: (10/10)

I am absolutely in love with your title. It simply suits the story so perfectly and ties in quite well. It gives you the whole fairytale, fantasy feeling and I'm pretty sure that is what you intended to do. I like it. The fact that it's incredibly relevant and the fact that I could not picture another title for your story, support my liking towards it. Albeit, it is slightly cliché, but that is ignored due to the fact that it is perfect for your story. 

 

Overall Appearance: (10/10)

Everything is organized quite nicely. The font is good and I found no need to squint whilst reading. The use of purple in the foreward is really pretty. I adore the posters, all of them are quite comical and well done. Overall, I found nothing wrong with the appearance of your story. 

 

Description and Foreword: (8/10)

You have no foreward that is part of the story so I will not comment on it since it is an author's note. I enjoyed the description very much. It wasn't overly long or boring. It was short, sweet and to the point. The only thing I have to comment negatively about is the fact that you said that: 'Baekhyun was just your average guy with an IQ of 145.' Last I checked, average guys do not have an IQ of 145. I would have worded it differently.  

'Baekhyun behaved like your average guy and he would have been one, if he did not have an IQ of 145.'

Other than that, I liked your description of the story. It adds an underlaying tone of suspense that makes you really want to read it, so I applaud you for that. Like I stated previously, I liked the purple questions, they're very pretty and add a high quality, professionnal feeling to your description. I did notice one slight error though.

You wrote: Storybook endings fairytales coming true

My correction: Storybook endings(,) fairytales coming true 

There should have been a comma, but it is a slight mistake. Other than that, you did a spectacular job.

 

Plot: (20/20)

I sincerely enjoyed your plot. But I had a difficult time rating it since it is not yet completed. Besides that, it has made me fall in absolute love with it. The plot brought back a countless amount of memories from childhood and I enjoyed the way you turned every day kpop idols into characters from timeless fairytales.The genius way you melded a bunch of fairytales together without forgetting important details gave your story an air of uniqueness. While the whole princess, prince thing is quite overdone, you have done well to make it your own. 

So far, the story has progressed at a decent pace, each chapter containing a good amount of suspense. It has also flowed nicely, not too fast nor too slow. But, as I have previously stated, the story is not yet finished so I cannot comment on many things. The beginning is great, the theme of fairytales seemlessly being melded into every day life without it being unrealistic. The character interactions are quite funny and lighthearted. I enjoyed it immensely so far. Great job!

 

Language: (16/20)

You have a very good grasp on the english language. You know your grammar and spelling quite well. This made correcting your story all the easier.

 

You made a menial spelling mistake:

You wrote:  I'll only be about 5 minuts late." He dismissed her concern with a careless wave of his hand.

Correction:  I'll only be about 5 minutes late." He dismissed her concern with a careless wave of his hand. 

The use of capitalization should be used sparingly. Instead, add words to put emphasis on the fact that he was yelling. Also, putting too many punctuation marks should rarely be done.

 

You wrote: 

"HEY!" Baekhyun shouted at the man.

The man didn't seem to hear him and continued walking, still looking at the thing in his hand and muttering to himself.

"HEYY!!" He shouted again. The man still didn't hear him

Correction: 

"Hey!" Baekhyun shouted at the man. 

The man didn't seem to hear him and continued walking, still looking at the thing in his hand and muttering to himself.

"Hey!" He shouted again, increasing t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter