>Reply [Answer Me]

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Review for bomi_- // Reviewed by: pilsuk123

 

Title and Story link:  

Reply [Answer Me] (Completed, reviewed with 22 chapters)

 

Title: (20/20)

Even without reading much into the story, the title was already perfect as it is. It was memorable, easy to remember, special, relate well to the story and stands out from the rest. It gives readers a clue to what they're about to read which is about receiving threatening and disturbing letter and with the letters having 'Answer Me'. There was a chapter in the middle of the story which completely clearly explained the theory behind the title which is never reply any of the letters even though the letter demands an answer because when they do, they'll die somehow. I thought it was a very well-thought of title and it's perfect in every sense!

 

Overall Appearance: (4/5)

The story's overall appearance was great. It's clean and it gives off a horror vibe even without a background picture. The thing was that the size of the words can get a little small, I had to zoomed in really close to read comfortably. And also I've mentioned before about the empty spacing but now I'm used to them. Just try to stick to two-three empty lines space, especially for the f/d or it might look too empty.

 

Description and Foreword: (19/20)

I loved the description and foreword part, it's the exact type of story which I'll never fail to read because of it's interesting and it just draws me in and forcing me to read even though horror or suspense is definitely not my cup of tea. Still, I was drawn to it and I was dying to read the story just by reading through the description and foreword of the story. The description was lovely, I loved how you wrote it. From brining out the main points of the story to showing a peek of Luhan with Sehun conversation together. I was creeper out in the beginning of the story, ready to not like it because it's not my style, but with the short part of their conversation together being placed in the description, I'm in. It sounds original and awesome and a story that's ready to blow my mind and it did! I was smiling from ear to ear just by reading their short convo, I swear it's just so sweet yet original.

The foreword just further teases the readers and it made me so sure to love this story already. 

What was especially great with the description and foreword was that it definitely make the readers slightly know huhan from it. We get to know the Luhan is receiving the letters and he's asking Sehun, who is an infamous delinquent, and how their characters is. Luhan being a shy and Sehun being the teasing and cool person but of course as we read on, it's not as simple as it is.

 

Plot: (22/30)

I have to be honest that before I reached the last few chapters of the story, I was solid sure that I'm going to at least give a 28 for plot but after the last part/ending, which is the main judging aspect of plot, I had to reduced some of the marks. There's so many parts that I loved because of how perfect they are and there are some which makes me frown and scratch my head in confusion.

The introduction and body of the story was clearly amazing and near-perfect. There's was almost nothing that I didn't agree because it was delivered well and there isn't much going on yet. The story gets really amazing at the part where you false directed the readers into thinking that Sehun might be the stalker. I thought that part was brilliant, I was in a complete trance to believe that Sehun is the stalker, it was a roller coaster ride. At first, I thought it was Jongdae because he asked for help and Luhan helped and also he had contact with both Sehun and Luhan but later I thought it was Luhan himself when he starts to scare himself to no end, and maybe it could be Hyuna, and again back to Sehun and back again to Luhan. I was still unsure who the stalker is until the part where Luhan was for sure slightly crazy and hallucinating that it can't be himself and I realize I was back to square one again with nothing. 

The only part at the beginning that I was quite bewildered and confuse at was what can Sehun really do because it looks like many came to him for help even though he's infamous for being a delinquent. He can answer any question with perfection and yet he cannot do the same for Luhan's stalker? Could he read minds just as what Luhan thought? So he's just a delinquent? But why does Baekhyun recommended him to Luhan? 

What drives the story really well and strong was that you didn't make it clear who the stalker is until the very end. It keeps me from feeling bored or lazy to read on because it was constantly interesting and it made the readers curious throughout the whole story. You didn't give clues even, you just make it even more interesting and confusing in a good way in a story.

Everything was great until the last few chapters when the revelation starts. I think the main reason why I felt that the ending wasn't strong enough because too much was thrown to the readers in a short notice. You can reveal taokrislay being police before or after and the past about Jongin before or after but instead it felt as thought it was all tied and just spread to 2-3 chapters which can be too much for one to take.

Even though I wasn't so sure about making taokrislay as police or investigators and whatnot, the past story definitely help in backing up the story strong. 

I love the part about revealing Kyungsoo and how it all went down to Kyungsoo death but it was made clear about how Luhan who happens to be the main culprit of his death or knowing that Sehun helped with it and him not remembering anything at all. It's too weird because it happens not during childhood but it was just couple of years ago. (4 years was it?) So he just forgets all of it? Forgets about Sehun? About Kyungsoo? About Jongin? And how does seeing Sehun so often doesn't spark a single thing to Luhan? 

Maybe it's just me reading too much into why because of too ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter