>Escaping Reality

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Review for exoticbabylove // Reviewed by: pilsuk123

 

Title and Story link:  

Escaping Reality (Completed, drabble.)

 

Title:

I definitely preferred 'Escaping Reality' than 'Average Girl's POV' because it's much more mysterious and even sounded interesting! Moreover, it relates to the story plot and prompt chosen - Escaping. It's definitely a better title overall as well because of good relation to the story, sounds interesting, caught my attention, a good formal story title and the length of the title was just nice. It's a great title but in terms of originality, not so strong. It's a common used theme and title in aff so maybe you can add a few vocabulary in it or adjectives to make the title stand out even more but it's a good title for the drabble so it's fine.

 

Overall Appearance:

For the overall appearance, I'll be commenting on your description and foreword page instead because I didn't write that in 'Average Girl POV's'. Can I say how much I love the poster! I really like how it looked and everything, I'm just speechless because it looks amazing! But I can't help but realize that the poster theme leans more towards happy stories of Block B instead of focusing on angst theme poster with Infinte or Apink members. Still, the page looks neat and organized in terms of the overall appearance of the story, from the chapter to the main foreword/description page.

 

Description and Foreword:

The story's description was written in a way that it discourages main/all readers unless their your personal friends etc. My reasoning is because you wrote that it's for you to improve your writings and all, it doesn't make readers want to read the drabbles. It's an author's note, not really a legit story's description.

Honestly speaking, I think you write great drabble with amazing inner meaning in them which many readers would like to read and enjoy. I feel that you should take out an excerpt from one of your favorite drabble with a good quote or something, it will definitely attract more readers this way.

The foreword is alright because it's meant for all the credits and author's note in there so you've categorized them correctly. 

 

Plot:[Story's resolution and theme]

The whole story is about escaping from reality and I think you managed to focused that correctly and fully. There isn't any part in the story that you stray away from the story's theme and main point so that's good. I'm really thankful that there isn't any romance in this drabble as well because I could appreciate some non-romance story nowadays. Instead of focusing on romance or love, you focused on Sungyeol and his mother. I find that extremely attractive and amusing to read, because honestly, it's true that he would not might want his problem to be affected by others and definitely not your own mother. Do you get what I mean? I don't want to worry my parents or family too, so most of the time I kept all to myself and it's not healthy. 

I can feel and relate to Sungyeol. I'm definitely alike with the Sungyeol (you're writing here), inferior, insecure, doesn't like to trouble others and fake a smile even though I'm hurt inside. 

The story's resolution was good as well with him escaping from reality to feel JUST a little better. I don't think there's anyone but himself to save him from himself. I agree completely that he should just escape from reality a little and come back a little better. Nowadays, the only escape from reality youngsters can think of is just jumping to their own death or killing themselves. Why not just escape from a reality temporary instead? Go for a holiday trip, rediscovery yourself and be back a better than you used to be.

I'm typing nonsense but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter