>Blinded By Love

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for XxShootAnonymousxX  // Reviewed by: michiusa

 

Title and Story link:  

Blinded By Love (Complete, reviewed with one shot)

 

 

Title: (14/20)

The title is an decent attention grabber if someone was looking specifically for an angst story to read. I do think that this makes a great connection to your story and the title has a slice of life feel to it. However, it isn't unique. When I searched for it on AFF, your story came up as the 9th story. One thing I would suggest is connecting to the title to your story. Maybe at the end have a line where you write, I was a fool, I was blinded by love. 

 

Overall Appearance: (4/5)

I liked the poster, the colors were very fitting to the story. One thing I noticed is oc's picture is very misleading. This story is about angst and she should be sad yet she's smiling and Sehun's the one that's kind of expressing sadness. 

 

Description and Foreword: (12/20)

The description you have fits more as a foreword since it is a line that's from the story. You should include a summary so it can act as an attention grabber for potential stories such as: What's the craziest thing you've done for love? I forgave a man who didn't deserve it...more than once. 

 

Plot: (15/30)

The plot is easy to understand. The female lead keeps forgiving Sehun when she shouldn't. I really liked the fact that it was so realistic. We certainly do stupid things when we are in love and that includes keep going back to the person that isn't good for us. 

I personally felt this was a basic summary of the female lead's love life. There wasn't anything that made the story feel engaging. This would fit more well as a start of a story where you pick up after five years you see Sehun and then what happened? It was also hard to identify the conflict of the story. 

In the story you had the paragraph of forgiving and forgiving too easily, I wasn't quite sure what the point of it was. It seems like the fact that she stated I forgave someone who didn't deserves to be forgiven means that she didn't really forgive him. She's still holding onto the fact that he had done horrible to things to her. And what was it that Sehun did that he didn't deserve forgiveness. Yes, it's horrible that he kept going back to her as some kind of rebound but he didn't cheat her and he didn't abuse her. A better way of expressing it might be she hated herself for forgiving him. 

 

Originality: (10/20)

I've read a lot of stories of men dumping their girlfriends and then hooking up with their female best friend or even the girl's best friend so there could have been some room for more originality or a twist to make your story unique. Maybe have him hook up with a man and describe her emotions through that trial of how she finally understood his disinterest in her yet he shows up at her door again. I did like the fact you described in the first point of view. I just wish you could have gone in more depth with it such as providing some dialogues between the two characters or maybe a scene so it would feel more re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter