>The Melancholy Sound of the Guitar

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for GreenGardenPop // By: OutspokenGirl612 

 

Title and Story Link:

The Melancholy Sound of the Guitar (Completed with 4 chapters)

 

Title: (10/10)

The title totally connects to the story, the feeling of melancholy and wanting can be seen through the whole story; as well as the direct reference with guitars and how they’re connected to emotions.

 

Overall Appearance: (9/10)

I really like the layout you selected for your story; the font, color and size are good for reading, and gray looks especially soothing with the green background. The poster is nice as well, although the gifs change so fast that it took me three times to finally be able to read what the last image said. Still, it all gives a sense of serenity; of melancholy even.

 

Description and Foreword: (10/10)

I like how you kept the description simple, with only two sentences; but two very meaningful ones. It works well with catching the eye of the reader while giving a glimpse to the background of the main character.

The foreword; I had already reviewed a short story from you at the other shop, so I already knew you wrote poetry. That poem you selected, it’s really beautiful and works well with the picture of Jiyeon by its side. You don’t have to say directly that it’s her characters’ voice for the reader to know its Jiyeon’s. The feeling of sorrow and sadness really can be felt through those words, and it put the reader in a trance (at least that’s what it did to me). Well done.

 

Plot: (15/20) 

The plot was okay. It’s frankly not something I’ve read before. Still, the ending was too rushed, before she had had time to try and speak to her dad she was already getting into the water. I feel like she didn’t have enough time to get depressed and desperate again; she was saying she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter