>Reborn for You

‣The Good Ol' Days [Archives]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Review for Shiny_A_Plus // By: nanaji

 

Title and Story Link:

Reborn for You (Completed, reviewed with 17 chapters)

 

Title: (8/10)

Your title is quite an eye-catcher, it reeled me in so instantly and honestly made me wondered what's the story behind it. All that I could think was reincarnation, reincarnation and only reincarnation. Perhaps because of the word reborn, nonetheless, it's an interesting title and a bit cliche but let's put that fact aside since you had my curiousity and other readers wondering what it had meant since reborn meant that somebody died and well, that sure had me wonder who had died and how did the person die?

 

Overall appearance: (9/10)

I really stress on appearance but really, I have got to hand it to you... Your poster spoke to me. It gave a really melancholic and angst-y vibe which protrude really well and honestly gave the story an impact. Since you had aimed for depression, it really did gave a depressing vibe, especially in Minho's picture. His gaze looked empty and there was nothing to decipher and when someone's gaze looks empty, you could tell that they have had a rough life. As for your font choice and font size, I had no problem with it. It wasn't hard to read and I really enjoyed the story through my whole read.

 

Description and Foreword: (7/10)

Your description only consisted a couple of sentences though it was more than enough to get the readers and even me going though I would've preferred it even better if you had written a  short prologue to the story or wrote the introduction like in Chapter 1 where Minho had introduced himself since your description was bare. On the contrary, the sentences really acted out and had left a mark on me and made me wondered who, what, why? As for your foreword, it was only an advertisment to the rest of your stories so honestly, I skipped reading that since there wasn't anything related to the story.

 

Plot: (18/20)

Okay, I am an angst lover, like a really die-hard angst ready so simple angst don't really eat me down but I've got to hand it to you that you have officially made me love angst more than I can. True, your storyline is a bit cliche and I've read a few stories that involves character death and the longing and what sorts but your story just had something that will lead readers to continue and read. I was just so extremely freaking relieved when Minho finally got his senses and just confessed his love at the end. Though what caught me offguard was the appearance of Taemin's boyfriend. The romance in this story is simply intoxicating. I just couldn't have enough of it. And I think I should stop writing before I give more spoilers to those who haven't read. All in all, I seriously love how you are able to make a cliche storyline become your creation and make it original in your way. It felt divine.

 

Language: (18/20)

There wasn't any problem, I was honestly satisfied with your writing. I really enjoyed reading it though there are a few things I'd like to point out.

The use of Korean words, such as "bwo?", "wae?" and etc. It'll be better if you had stick to just English. I know that i's just simple, basic words that almost all K-poppers know but it just ruins the context since you had written in full English and your writing style is definitely a jumble of Korean-English. I don't mind the use of 'hyung', 'nuna', 'unni', 'oppa', 'sonsaengnim', 'yeobo' and etc, since they are practically names and I use it too in certain circumstances. However, the use of words like, 'bwo?', 'wae?', 'saranghae', 'bogosipeo' and so on would just be better in English since we all are able to speak and read English.

Chap 1;

They find my perfectionism admirable, my melancholy nature intimidating. It doesn't really matter though; what I do, and for whom, really doesn’t matter in this story.

Correction: They find my perfectionism admirable and my melancholic nature intimidating. It doesn't really matter though; what I do and for whom, it really doesn't matter in this story.

And the day she finally left me? I didn’t know what to do. Didn’t know how to function without her.

Suggestion: And the day she finally left me? I had no idea what to do. I didn't know how to function without her.

In fact, I would have thrown my body on top of that cruel box as it was lowered in the ground, had my mother not pulled me back; would have embraced that earthen envelope happily. But the living and the dead are refused their courtship; they cannot coexist, and I had yet to learn how to snuff the small spark inside that begged me to live.

Correction: As a matter of factly, I would've thrown myself in that cruel box as it lowered into the ground. If only my mother hadn't pulled me back; I would've embraced that earthen envelope happily. Though, the living and the dead has its courtship forbidden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter