Two

Meant to Be?

TWO

 

Baekhyun woke up and realized he had fallen asleep while holding Chanyeol's hand. Chanyeol was already awake and smiled at Baekhyun who smiled back. 

"Awake now sleepy head?"

"Yeah..."

"What's wrong? You don't seem so cheerful."

"S-sorry... Just had a bad dream... That's all..."

"Hey, don't cry. You just woke up. Why're you crying?!"

"I'm sorry Chanyeol!" Baekhyun hid his face in the blankets. 

"About what? Baekhyun talk to me." Chanyeol tried shaking him to get him up, but nothing worked. Kyungsoo and Jongin walked in, "what's wrong with Baekhyun?"

"Ummm..." Kyungsoo didn't know how to break it to Chanyeol. 

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" Chanyeol looked back and forth to Jongin and Kyungsoo who were also lost on what to say. 

"I... Did a doctor come to see you yet?"

"No... Is something happening to me?"

"Let me get a doctor to tell you." Kyungsoo and Jongin walked out of the room to get a doctor. Chanyeol felt bad for his little lover who couldn't stop crying. Finally he picked up his head and held Chanyeol's hand. 

"What's going on with you?" 

"Wait until Kyungsoo returns..."

"All right..." Kyungsoo and Chanyeol finally came back with a doctor. The doctor who has been taking care of Chanyeol ever since he's been having his condition. 

"Dr. Huang... What's going on?"

"Chanyeol..." He looked to Chanyeol's friends, "your condition has gotten worse and... When you collapsed, your heart reached a status that isn't easy to repair..."

"What exactly does that-"

"YOURE GOING TO BE LEAVING ME!" Baekhyun shouted and ran out of the room. Kyungsoo ran after him. Jongin stayed to be there for Chanyeol. All he could do was smile and try to pretend that everything was all right. 

"Wh-what? When?! How long do I have...?"

"Three days... Counting today..." Jongin spoke up. The doctor quickly turned to Jongin and Jongin quickly looked to the floor. 

"Yes... That's right Chanyeol... Only three days..." Chanyeol's heart dropped and he couldn't believe it. He was waiting to wake up from this nightmare, but nothing seemed to be working. He couldn't grasp the fact that he only had three days to live. Three days to finish off all that he warned to do. Three days left to be with the love of his life. 

"Baekhyun..." He whispered to himself. Just with that name alone, Chanyeol's eyes began tearing. 

"I'm sorry..."

"Chanyeol, there is a fix. If we can get a heart donor, we can get your heart replaced for a healthier one-"

"But the chances of that happening within three days... Very slim..." Chanyeol figured that this was the end. There was no turning around and no regrets can be thought of now. How was Chanyeol going to move on and leave Baekhyun behind? How much would Baekhyun be hurt by?

"There is a chance... Don't worry..."

 

***~~~***

 

What do I say to him? What can I say? He’s going to lose his love in three days… I’m going to lose my best friend…

 

Kyungsoo stood there feeling completely helpless since he didn’t know what he could do. He just stared at his best friend crying and all he could do was pat his back.

“I… I just wish I knew earlier…”

“Why?”

“So I could’ve spent more time with him. I would’ve been able to make the last few weeks of his life so much better… Before he… leaves…”

“Baekhyun, listen to yourself. You’re speaking as if there’s no chance of Chanyeol getting cured. Why don’t you have a little faith and see this-”

“THEN TELL ME WHO IS GOING TO GIVE US A HEART! TELL ME WHO IS WILLING TO DO THAT!” Kyungsoo fell silent with Baekhyun’s words. He knew the chances of making this happen is slim, but he didn’t want to give up.

“Have some faith… Please… for Chanyeol.” Baekhyun nodded and pounded the railing with his hand. “Hey, don’t be angry.

“I wish I could help him in some way.”

 

Me too…

 

“There are three days left. Anything can happen in those three days.” Baekhyun sighed and nodded.

“You’re right… I just don’t see a positive to all of this yet.” Kyungsoo took Baekhyun’s hand that he used to pound the railing. Baekhyun looked up in confusion to the worried Kyungsoo, “What’re you doing…?”

“Your hand… it hurts doesn’t it?” Baekhyun looked down to his red hand.

“Yeah it does… a lot…” 

 

***~~~***

 

The door opened slowly and Chanyeol turned his head to see who it was. He couldn’t make out the figures due to his watery vision, but his ears were working perfectly fine to tell that it was Baekhyun who walked in along with Kyungsoo. 

“Hey babe…” Baekhyun spoke softly, not trying to startle the giant.

“Hey…” Chanyeol wiped away the tears and Baekhyun sat down on the bed and stared into Chanyeol’s eyes. Kyungsoo signaled Jongin to leave so that Chanyeol and Baekhyun could have their moment together.

“So this is it…?” Chanyeol asked.

“There’s still hope.”

“What hope? What are the chances that someone will donate a heart in the next two or three days?! What are the chances, Baekhyun?!” Chanyeol felt annoyed since everyone thinks that getting a heart donor seemed so likely to happen.

“Could you please have a little faith?”

“Fine… I could see how hurt you are by this.”

“OF COURSE I AM!”

“I know… I am too. I don’t want to leave you, ever.”

“I would give up my heart to you, honestly.” Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s chin and lifted up his head so their eyes would meet.

“You already stole mine away.” Baekhyun couldn’t help but chuckle at how cheesy his boyfriend was being. “Hey look, I finally saw a smile on your face.” Baekhyun’s smile was enough to make Chanyeol. For a moment, the two of them felt as if though everything was fine. Just that small moment had taken away all the worries in the world and they were back to their normal lives.

“If you go… I want to go with you.”

“What? Says who?”

“Says I. I don’t want to be here on Earth without you.”

“Baekhyun, I won’t let you do that.”

“And you’ll be here to stop me?”

“Now who’s the one with no hope.”

“I said ‘IF’!”

“Who cares, I won’t let you. I’ll make sure to let everyone stop you. Don’t give up on life just because I had to.”

“But, what is life without Park Chanyeol?” Chanyeol smiled and was silent for a second.

“Byun Baekhyun, you have to make your name shine in this world. Make it shine so bright that I’ll be able to see it in the next world.”

“How can I go on without you?”

“Just remember that I’m always there with you. Right here.” Chanyeol takes his fingers and plops it on Baekhyun’s beating heart. 

“I don’t think I can do it…”

“Believe in yourself. You passed exams didn’t you? What can’t you do now?”

“But…”

“Baekhyun, stop. You can do it.” Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun in and they both shared a kiss together.

 

***~~~***

 

“Excuse me… Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo and Jongin looked to see who was calling out to Kyungsoo and they were both surprised at who it was. “You needed a heart donor…?”

 

--------------------

AHHHHHH!! I’m sorry for the super late update! I have been busy studying for a super important test. In the States,, they call it the SATs. I finally finished and I’m busy with college stuff, but it’s not as bad. Thanks for waiting! :D I will be updating more this week. I don’t want to give numbers because I never make that happen. xD