Date

Meant to Be?

DATE

 

"Baby... You're awake." Baekhyun said softly. His tears did not stop streaming down his face, but his frown disappeared to a smile. Chanyeol weakly smiled back and wiped away Baekhyun's tears. 

"Shhh. Don't cry, I'm here." Baekhyun nodded and bit his lips before covering his face in the blankets to cry. Chanyeol just rubbed Baekhyun's head and let him cry all his sadness out. Kyungsoo and Jongin followed a doctor into Chanyeol's room and waved hello at the awoken Chanyeol. They noticed Baekhyun crying on the bed and assumed it was because Chanyeol woke up. The doctor checked on his patient and made sure he was alright and functioning well. 

"Well this is nice, in just a couple days you're good to go. You seem to come here often." Chanyeol nervously laughed and nodded. 

"It's probably my second home now..." 

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. I know you're strong. Plus you have very strong friends with you." The doctor smiled and walked out of the door. 

"Well, look! You're almost good to go." Jongin said followed by a laugh. Kyungsoo shook his head and walked over to comfort Baekhyun. 

"Hey Baek, it's going to be alright. Chanyeol's awake and he's here to talk to you. Take this time to talk to him will you?" Baekhyun sat up and nodded while wiping his tears away. He sat in silence for a little bit while Kyungsoo and other conversed with one another. 

 

***~~~***

 

About half an hour passed and Baekhyun finally spoke a word to Chanyeol. 

"Are you hungry?" Chanyeol nodded and asked him as well. Baekhyun shook his head and got up. "What do you want to eat?" 

"Come on, eat with me. Or are you dieting?" Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head which caused his bangs to fall in front of his eyes. He brushed them aside and smiled. 

"Fine, I'll eat with you." Kyungsoo smiled and looked over to Jongin who was into his game. He walked over and sat next to him. Jongin immediately paused his game and looked to Kyungsoo. 

"Something up?" 

"I guess Baekhyun and Chanyeol are good here." 

"You're suggesting we should leave them alone?" 

"For our own time." Jongin smiled and nodded. Kyungsoo got up and he followed Kyungsoo's actions. The smaller boy walked over to the giant. 

"Hey, you can handle yourselves here right?" His question was more directed towards Baekhyun who usually would get rowdy after being in a hospital for too long. 

"Yeah, I'll be fine! I can control him Kyungsoo. You go and have fun with Jongin." Chanyeol replied. Kyungsoo was shocked he knew what Kyungsoo was up to. The latter smiled and nodded. 

"Alright, we're off then." 

"Have fun!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol waved goodbye while the other two left the room. 

 

***~~~***

 

"So where do you want to go?" Jongin asked as they waited for the intersection light to turn green. 

"You're hungry I'm sure. Let's go get something to eat. But where?" Kyungsoo thought and then he had something in mind. Jongin began cracking up and Kyungsoo squinted at him. There was only one reason why he would be cracking up with the thought of eating with Kyungsoo. 

"Wh... What?" Jongin continued laughing. 

"Say it already." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Let's go eat... SOOshi." He completely lost it and could not contain his laughter anymore. 

 

***~~~***

 

"I'm bored, let's go somewhere." Sehun suggested to Luhan as he checked his phone while on his bed. It was early afternoon and they had nothing else to do. Sehun had been in his house for the past week and it's been killing him. He went over to Luhan who was on the computer watching videos and started shaking him. "Let's go do something, babe." Luhan giggled and paused the video. He focused his attention to the boy whining. 

"What do you want to do?" 

"I don't know... Let's go out." 

"We already are going out." Sehun was lost for a moment and then finally got it. Luhan face palmed and shook his head. 

"No! I mean out of the house and out somewhere!" Luhan nodded. 

"Alright, let's choose where to go." 

"The mall?" Luhan thought about it and then nodded. Sehun quickly ran downstairs to ask his mom. This reminded of Luhan when he had successful plans and then quickly told his mom to drive him to the location. It made him feel a little sad that he can't have that connection anymore, but as long as Sehun was around, he didn't feel that void. If for some reason, Luhan would lose Sehun, he would be utterly destroyed. Two important people out of his life would be unbearable. Sehun came back and barged through the door which made Luhan snap out of his thought. 

"Okay, let's go." 

 

***~~~***

 

Sehun and Luhan held hands proudly in the mall and no one cared. Luhan was so scared that everyone would judge, but they didn't. It was just his mother who overreacts to these things. 

"Hey chillax!" Sehun shook Luhan's and he smiled. 

"You're right. Sorry." Luhan smiled and brushed away his negative thoughts. 

 

***~~~***

 

After an hour of walking around, the two boys were hungry and decided to go to the food court to get something to eat. 

"I'm craving a burger!" Luhan said as they reached the food court. 

"How American of you." Sehun giggled and went over to the burger stand. 

"You're getting one to?" 

"No, but I'm here to get my burger with you." Luhan smiled and nudged Sehun's shoulder. 

"Go get your food so we'll have something to eat at the same time."

"But you'll be lonely." Luhan chucked. 

"I'll be fine! I'm independent." Sehun smiled and nodded before turning the other way.

"Be careful! See you soon babe!" Luhan's stomach grew full of butterflies and distracted him from the cashier. 

"Excuse me, what would you like?" 

"Oh- uh..." Luhan's phone began to rang, "Sorry just a moment." He stepped out of line to check who was calling him. It was his sister.

"Yeah, Jie Jie?"

"Luhan come back home now! Mom collapsed!"