ASAP

Meant to Be?

ASAP

Chanyeol caught up to Baekhyun before he got any further. They were both out of breath by the time Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's arm. 
"GET OFF OF ME!"
"Let me explain!" 
"I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR LIES!" 
"Please, let me explain!" Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into a hug. Baekhyun tried fighting him, but eventually gave up and cried in Chanyeol's arms. 
"Why? Why're you doing this to me?" 
"I'm sorry, Baekhyun. Let me explain to you what happened." 

***~~~EARLIER~~~***

Baekhyun sat in class and let his mind go freely about the situation. He smiled at what happened during lunch. As he looked back to the moment, he kept replaying the moment when Chanyeol would stare at him. It was amusing to him. 

I guess I could let him talk... But... Yeah I'll see him after school. 

Baekhyun checked the time. There was only half an hour left before the bell would ring for students to leave class and school. 

***~~~***

Baekhyun quickly went to grab his books and made his way down the stairs to the courtyard of the school. He spotted Chanyeol under the shade of a tree. Baekhyun let out a deep breathe and proceeded towards the giant. He was cut off when he saw the girl from the day before. She poked Chanyeol's back and hugged him. Chanyeol gave her a hug back. The two talked for a while, and Baekhyun realized it wasn't worth the wait. He just decided to go home instead, sad. 

***~~~***

Chanyeol was waiting for something miraculous to happen. He was on the search for Baekhyun while waiting under the tree. The sun was too bright for anyone to find anyone else. He looked around and didn't see the boy anywhere. His search was interrupted when he felt someone poke his back. He turned around to the girl from before. 
"Hey! It's you!" 
"And it's you!" The girl initiated the hug and Chanyeol didn't want to be rude, but he didn't want Baekhyun to see so he softly hugged her. 
"I'm sorry, I never introduced myself. My name is is Seo Joohyun, but you can call me Seohyun. That's what my friends always call me." 
"Hello Seohyun! My name is Park Chanyeol. I don't have a special nickname, haha. How'd you know this was my school?" 
"Well, I didn't. My brother comes to this school and today I was supposed to pick him up, but then I spotted you. I told him to wait." 
"Who's your brother?" 
"He's over there by the car." 
"OH! Eunkwang is your brother?!" Seohyun rolled her eyes and laughed. 
"Yep, that's him." 
"He's quite like you." 
"Don't say that! We're nothing alike!" 
"You guys are both charmful people." 
"Yeah right." 
"It's true! Anyways, how're things?" 
"OH YEAH! It's great! My boyfriend and I are back together! I wanted to thank you for being there for me that day. I was a mess, hah." 
"No problem! I'm glad I can help." Chanyeol and Seohyun talked for a little longer before they heard a car beeping. Seohyun took that as an alarm and so she bid Chanyeol farewell and made her way to the car. Chanyeol waved goodbye as she drove off in the distance and turned around to grab his bag. He noticed Baekhyun far, far, down the road to his house already. Chanyeol sighed and tried his best to keep the pain away from his chest. 

***~~~***

"There, that's the story." Baekhyun didn't respond and slowly let his arms off of Chanyeol. Chanyeol pulled his arms away and let Baekhyun step back to look at him. Chanyeol was desperately waiting for Baekhyun to respond. It was taking forever. 
"Chanyeol... I don't what to believe... I just don't know." 
"Baekhyun, if you don't believe me now, I will put in every single percent of effort I can in order for you to trust me. For you to forgive me. I will do it, whatever it takes. I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that. I'm sorry that the moment in the past was such a tragic one. I'm so sorry that I put you through all of that. I just want to be with you and you only."
"Chanyeol, it's fine. I believe all the commitment that you're willing to put in, but I just need time to sort it out myself. I didn't know what to believe when you were with that girl. When we were supposed to have our moment. What would you think if it was me in your position?" 
"I would've felt destroyed..." 
"Exactly. I was destroyed. Sure, it was just one date, but the fact that you skipped on us for her makes me question you." 
"What does it make you question?"
"Do you like her?" 
"I... I don't... Think so..." 
"You don't think so... Then I guess we both have things to think about tonight and for a while, don't we?" 
"But-"
"No, we need to figure things out on our own first before resuming our relationship. Just be true to yourself. Figure out what you want, or in this case, who." 
"If I want you, will you be there?"
"Maybe I will... I told you I still need to figure this out. And you too. Maybe, in the end, our answers won't match up, but I hope that doesn't change anything?" 
"You're speaking as if you've made a decision already." 
"I'm not expecting too much... Anymore." 
"I'm sorry." 
"It's fine... I'm going to head home now, you should too." 
"Alright... Goodnight." Chanyeol opened up his arms, "Hug?" Baekhyun smiled faintly and nodded. Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol. 
"Goodnight." 

***~~~***

When Chanyeol got home, he realized his parents hadn't come home from their date yet, which meant the mail was still outside. Chanyeol went to go grab the mail and noticed an unusually large one. He went back inside, set the others aside, and opened the big envelope that was for him. It was a hospital record of his surgery and he noticed a letter attached to it. At the end of the letter, was a sentence that really put Chanyeol in fear.

Please see us as soon as possible. 

--------------------
Sorry for the excessive amount of random characters, they'll only be in for a chapter, or so, and that's it! Hope you guys enjoyed that!