Heart

Meant to Be?

HEART

 

“Well… That’s over with…” Luhan sighed. He felt very uneasy inside because he had just said goodbye to his mother for probably the last time. Luhan’s mother meant a lot to him, but if she would not accept him, what’s the point of fighting for her?

“You still have to get your things, it’s not going to be over yet.”

“But for now, it’s fine… I hope.” 

“You’re brave, Luhan.” Luhan and Sehun turned to look at the two the boys who just stood up form a bush. 

“Kyungsoo… and Jongin!” 

“Hey!” Jongin waved with a smile on his face to the other two boys. 

“How long were you there for?”

“Pretty much the whole thing…” Kyungsoo rubbed the back of his neck, “But that’s not the point. You’re really strong if you were able to just brush your mom away like that. The woman who had raised you for your entire life, just simply brushed away.”

“It wasn’t that easy…”

“Well of course not. I just want to say that I would never be able to do it. Well done.” 

“Thanks.” Luhan smiled and turned to Sehun who was also smiling at him. 

“Well, we’re going to go now! It was nice seeing you! Good luck on everything!” 

“Thanks, you too! Bye!” Kyungsoo and Jongin walked off towards the mall, while Luhan and Sehun went in the opposite direction. 

“Well, what an encounter. Don’t you think?” Sehun joked around while they were walking towards Sehun’s house. Sehun was confused by Luhan’s facial expression because it wasn’t one of joy at all. He stopped and pulled Luhan’s arm. 

“What’s the matter? How come we’ve stopped?”

“It’s you… What’s wrong?”

“This situation with my mom… It’s hard at first, but I’m sure it’ll go away after a while. It’s the initial shock of it all.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“The fact that she could easily leave me like that… And the fact that I could easily leave her… Sehun… Do you think she loved me?”

“Of course she did! She was angry and you were probably angry too. People make silly decisions when they’re angry. It’s nothing you should lament over because deep down inside, she misses you too.” 

“I just can’t rid of the feeling that I’m probably the worst child on Earth.”

“Don’t feel that way. Give it time, you’ll feel better over time.” Luhan hugged Sehun and started crying in his arms. Luhan felt terrible, but at the same time, he felt happy. He felt terrible for leaving the woman who he called “Mom.” The woman who was supposed to be there for him no matter what. She would always congratulate him on many things, cook for him, make him feel relieved. She was the one person Luhan trusted and loved so much over anything else. But after the incident, she didn’t seem like a mom to Luhan. Because Sehun was there with him, Luhan felt the happiness that he feels whenever he’s with someone he loves. It was a warm feeling that just tingled inside his heart. 

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo looked around the restaurant bored as he waited for the food to come. Jongin was just trying to make conversations with him, but Kyungsoo would quickly end them. 

“You’re so boring right now.” Kyungsoo would usually take this to heart, but just gave Jongin a stoic look and continued entertaining himself by looking at the ornaments the restaurant had.

“I’m just hungry.”

“Kyungsoo, we only ordered five minutes ago. The fries will be here soon.”

“How long does it even take to fry fries.” Jongin laughed. “What? What’s so funny?”

“Fry… fries…” Jongin continued laughing and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. After a few more seconds, the lady finally came with the fries and Kyungsoo was amazed by how great they smelled. They weren’t your usual looking or smelling fries, there was something more to them.

“Wow, these look great!” Kyungsoo went to grab the first one and put it in his mouth. The taste was just as amazing as the scent. 

 

After finishing the fries, Kyungsoo and Jongin waited for their main meal to come. This time, Kyungsoo wasn’t being such an apathetic boy. He looked out the restaurant’s window and noticed a couple fighting with one another. Apparently the boy is trying to make up with the girl, but she won’t let him. 

“What’re you looking at?” Kyungsoo point to the window that was to his right. The restaurant was a little bit elevated off the mall floor, so they had to look down a bit to see the struggle between the couple.

“It seems like the boy is trying to apologize, but the girl won’t let him.” 

“You’re just into so many people’s businesses today aren’t you?” Kyungsoo stopped looking at the couple and looked at Jongin.

“Wha- Yeah….” Jongin chuckled and Kyungsoo turned his attention back to the couple. The girl finally had enough and started screaming at him. The boy stood there frozen and watched as the girl walked off and out of the mall.

“Well…”

“Well what?” Jongin clasped his hands together and raised his eyebrow at Kyungsoo.

“What did you think of the event there, Oh Drama King Soo?”

“Shut up. Whatever it was, I guess there’s nothing left to do, but for the boy to give it some time.”

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin finally finished their meal and was already halfway back home. Jongin’s arm was over Kyungsoo’s shoulder and they walked like any other couple would. Kyungsoo rested his head on Jongin’s shoulder and loved the feeling of walking side by side, together like this. He loved showing off Jongin as his boyfriend.

“This was a peaceful day…” Kyungsoo disagreed with Jongin.

“Are you serious? Peaceful? The rain was not peaceful, Luhan’s situation was not peaceful, that couple thing was not peaceful.”

“Hah, chill out Kyunggie. What if I said it was a peaceful night.” Kyungsoo nodded.

“Yeah, that would make more sense.”

 

***~~~***

 

Chanyeol slowly sat down on his bed and was shaking by what had just happened. He fought off the tears, but nothing was working. He knew that he had just messed up big time and there wasn’t really a way of explaining things. What made things worse was another feeling of pain he was getting. He put his hand up to his heart and noticed pain once more. 

 

This can’t be happening again.

 

--------------------

A rollercoaster of feelings in this chapter. It took me just a little bit to brainstorm what I wanted to happen next and here’s the beginning of it. Hope you guys enjoyed it! ^.^ The drama is only beginning.