Gaze

Meant to Be?

GAZE

Baekhyun's senses slowly came back to him. He felt the spring air around him and felt the cushioned sleeping bag he recently knocked out on. As his vision became clearer, he noticed Chanyeol sitting right next to him, staring right at him. It freaked him out a little bit, but it meant that something changed inside Chanyeol. The giant caressed Baekhyun's cheek, which was still wet from the sweat he was sleeping in. Baekhyun hadn't fully recovered, but he was well enough to consider himself "well." He gathered up all the energy he had to speak. 
"What're you doing here?" Baekhyun said in a soft voice. Chanyeol smiled and looked away. 
"I came to see you because I was worried." 
"Don't be worried, I'll be fine." Chanyeol could feel the tension in Baekhyun's voice. He couldn't take it anymore.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for ever doubting you. I know you weren't in control of your actions, and I just overreacted. I'm sorry I ever said those words." Baekhyun just stared at him with a blank expression for a while, before chuckling. 
"You silly giant. I should be sorry. It's not your fault for overreacting, it was my fault for not being careful enough." Chanyeol couldn't believe that Baekhyun was taking the blame. 
"You never apologize this quickly, what's gotten into you?" 
"Because I realized how much I need you. When you left me earlier, I had no one around. It was complete loneliness and the only person who can fill that space is you." Chanyeol smiled at looked the other way again. Baekhyun took this action as a sign of forgiveness. "So I'm guessing you forgive me?" 
"Who knows? Maybe I'm smiling at something else." 
"Chanyeol please, whatever happened back there wasn't me. The love that I have for you is real. Whether I'd be drunk, or sober, I still love you more than anything in the world. I can't lose you and I don't want to live without you. I hope you can see this. It's hard to actually feel how someone else feels, but I want you to trust me on this. I don't ever want you to think I betrayed you." Chanyeol was listening to all of Baekhyun's words. They seemed so pure and apologetic to him. Baekhyun was telling the truth and the giant knew it. 
"Alright, Baekhyun, I can see how much you care. I can never live without you either. I just was so caught up in losing you, I guess I got lost in my thoughts-"
"Stop. It's not your fault for thinking that way. Since you saw him shirtless and red marks on my neck that looks like hickeys, it doesn't seem right at all for me to look loyal to you. I just want you to know that nothing happened back there." Chanyeol's attention was truly caught with those last few words.
"Wait, you remember now?"
"I do... I do! I guess all the emotions kept me from actually realizing that. But, this is all I remember. I walked into the woods and then I saw that kid. He was already drinking the bottle he was holding. We sat down by a tree and he offered me some. At first I was hesitant to try it out, but I gave it a shot. When I realized how much it tasted, I took the bottle and ran away from him. Instead of going towards our camp, I guess I ran the wrong direction..."

***~~~***

"And when I finally caught up to him, I felt so hot. I just... Took... Off my shirt to cool myself off. We finished the bottle together and the rest is filled in with you and that other guy finding us." Luhan listened to the intriguing story. He was fascinated by what Sehun was telling him, but wanted to be sure of what really happened. 
"Come here with me. We're going to pay my friends a little visit." Sehun was hesitant at first because he felt betrayed that Luhan didn't believe him. He then thought about it again, and if it were Sehun in the other boy's position, he would feel the exact same way. 
"Alright fine, but you better promise me that you'll see the stars with me tonight." Luhan looked at Sehun with a blank expression. 
"What exactly do you want to show me?" 
"You'll see when you get there, now lead the way!" Luhan rolled his eyes and headed for Area A. 

***~~~***

"L-Luhan?" Kyungsoo was shocked to see Luhan at his camping site. 
"Hey Kyungsoo... Is Baekhyun around?" 
"Yeah, one second." Kyungsoo walked over to Baekhyun's tent. He signaled the two boys to go into the tent as Baekhyun was too ill to get up. 
"Hey Baekhyun, hey Chanyeol." The two of them greeted Luhan and shortly after  Sehun walked into the tent. 
"Who're you?" 
"That's the boy you were drinking with..." 
"Wait... You're the one that took my bottle?" 
"You offered me a drink so I took it." Luhan and Chanyeol could see that the story they both heard wasn't a lie. Chanyeol asked Sehun and Baekhyun to explain their sides of the story. The telling of both stories were cut off right after they got into the forest. Chanyeol wanted to see how they each would fill in the other's story. As expected, when it was Sehun's turn to speak, he told the same story as Baekhyun. They would alternate on who would tell the story. Luhan and Chanyeol both agreed that this was just a misunderstanding between the worried ones. 
"Well... That clears it up I guess." Chanyeol chuckled. 
"Yeah, thanks for that! Sorry for wasting your time!" Luhan thanked them gracefully and exited the tent. He walked out to the sight of Jongin hanging by Kyungsoo. Jongin took a look at Luhan and remember him as the boy who kissed Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo smiled and waved and Luhan returned it right back to him. Jongin just gave Luhan a blank hello and carried on with what he was doing. 

***~~~***

"Alright, I'm here. What did you want to give me?" 
"Well before I give you the gift, I want you to gaze up at the stars. Isn't it beautiful?" Luhan looked at the sky and noticed that it really was beautiful. For once, he could see more than just  a couple stars sharing one sky, he saw much more. Luhan's gazing at the stars was interrupted when a pair of hands grabbed his face and directed his lips onto another pair. Luhan and  Sehun shared a beautiful moment under a beautiful night sky. 

--------------------
Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I had tons of homework. I was able to fit in today. Yesterday. I realized that it was a complete 7 months since I started this story. Woot! I love writing and will continue to write for you guys! Sorry if I'm late or if I die for three months. xD