New

Meant to Be?

NEW

“Earth to Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun waved his hand in front of the frozen Kyungsoo.

After 10 minutes of being frozen, Kyungsoo finally snapped back to reality.

“Huh… what?”

“What happened to you?” Baekhyun and the others looked at Kyungsoo with confusion.

“Um… Sorry, I’ll be right back.” Kyungsoo quickly ran to his locker and opened it up to look into the mirror.

 

What is going on with me? What happened back there?

 

Kyungsoo was panting trying to catch his breath and he fell down on his knee. Baekhyun ran to find Kyungsoo at his locker and walked up to him. He was relieved to find his friend, but worried about why Kyungsoo looked so worried.

“What’s wrong Soo?” Baekhyun knelt down next to Kyungsoo.

“Baek… What did you feel like when you felt Chanyeol?” Baekhyun was confused by the sudden question.

“Um… well I felt like my whole world stopped. Everything was focused on him. My thoughts were all in a jumble and I couldn’t think straight and my heart felt like-”

“It was beating a 1,000 beats per second?”

“Yeah! You seem to be an expert at everything. But why the suddent question?”

“Baekhyun… I think I’m in love.” This statement shocked Baekhyun. All of his life, he’s never heard those words from his friend.

“Woah there, slow down! With who?! I mean I would understand if it’s with me, but I’ve got my eyes on som-”

“Kim… Jongin.” Kyungsoo said softly.

“You just met him! But, then again, I just met Chanyeol. What’re you going to do about it? You were frozen for 10 minutes, the least. How’re you going to practice now?”

“I’m in love… I’m in love with someone…” Kyungsoo completely ignored Baekhyun’s words and just softly repeated to himself.

“Sure don’t listen to me.” Kyungsoo still didn’t reply. Baekhyun got tired of this so he walked away and came back with a gift.

“I’m in lo-”

“Hey what happened back there?” Kyungsoo realized that this wasn’t Baekhyun’s voice, nor was it Mrs. Gil’s. He looked up to find Kim Jongin standing over him giving him a hand.

 

I’m going to faint.

 

He slowly reached for the tall boy’s hand and grabbed his soft skin. Jongin pulled him up and Kyungsoo felt like he would fall right back down. His legs didn’t feel like they were working properly and he couldn’t thank Jongin.

“He says ‘Thank you’!” Baekhyun said as he held Kyungsoo up.

“Uh… heh… tell him I said ‘You’re welcome!’ You guys can call me Kai by the way.”

“Well nice to meet you Kai! I’m Byun Baekhyun and this is Do Kyungsoo. Usually he’s not like this, but he’s feeling a little sick. I should take him to the nurse’s office and get back to you in around 10 minutes.”

“I can go with you guys if you’d like.”

“Oh no, it’s alright! When Kyungsoo is sick, he is SICK! It gets nasty sometimes, I don’t think you want to see that.” Baekhyun’s trying his best to get Kai to go back to the auditorium so he can talk alone with Kyungsoo.

“Ah, then never mind, which way to the auditorium again?” Baekhyun gave Kai the directions back and Kai went on his way before thanking Baekhyun. As soon as Baekhyun got Kyungsoo to his locker, he set Kyungsoo down and slapped him across the face.

“YAH! THAT HURT!” Kyungsoo now rubbing his cheek.

“Get yourself together! You need to come back to reality if you want to get a chance with this kid! I’m not going to sit back and watch my best friend lose HIS chance at love. Now straighten yourself out!” Kyungsoo could see how much Baekhyun cared for him and nodded his head while getting back up.

 

***~~~***

 

A chance… with who…? Me…? And… HIS chance at love…? What’s going on?

--------------------

I wasn’t sure if I should’ve ended it there or go on. But it’s a ending for a drama! ;D Well anyways, I’m going to have the next chapter up soon so it probably doesn’t matter. Hope you guys have been enjoying so far! :D