Swap

Meant to Be?

 

SWAP

“Hey Kyungsoo… Heh.” Jessica, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun said in unison.

“What’re you guys doing here?!”

“G-getting your gift! I told you!” Baekhyun remembered he told him.

“Oh… Here?”

“Yeah… is there something wrong?”

“You guys… the three of you… are combing your gift… and got me a gift from here…?”

“Is that a bad thing?” Jessica was afraid Kyungsoo would yell at them for being so cheap.

“No… cheapos.”

“Yah, at least we got you a gift!”

“And I don’t give you gifts? I don’t pool with anyone!”

“Oh… right… Anyways, what did you get that for? Hmm???” Baekhyun was wondering if he would tell them it’s Jongin.

“Mom wanted me to print out these family photos, so she can just look at them later on.”

“Looks pretty well wrapped for something Mom would want.”

“Uh… yeah, she says it’s to give to Grandma.”

“Sure…” Baekhyun knew he was lying.

“Anyways, I’ll be leaving you guys now, don’t want to see that ‘special’ gift of yours now.” He chuckled and left the store while waving goodbye. The three of them waved goodbye as well. He let out a sigh of relief once Kyungsoo left and could be seen way down the mall. Baekhyun turned to Jongin who was hiding behind the shelf behind them.

“We did this all for you! You’re lucky he didn’t walk any farther!”

“Yeah, thanks… I seriously owe you guys a lot.”

“Don’t worry about it! We just want you guys back together so all this silly kid game stuff can all drop.” Jessica walked up to the counter with Baekhyun to get the gift.

“What exactly is going on?”

“I made a gift for Soo to give to him tomorrow! But don’t say anything!”

“Oh! Can I see it?”

“It’s a photo album of the pictures of us, but I think they wrapped it up and everything already.”

“Aw, it’s alright I’ll see it after you give it to him. Good luck! You guys will be back together in no time!”

“Thanks, what’s with the bags if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Oh! These are all new clothes that Jessica helped me pick out! I need an update of the clothes I own!”

“Aw, you’re going to wear these for Baekhyun?”

“No… I just want to look stylish…”

“For Baekhyun?” Jongin raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah…” Baekhyun and Jessica walked back and everything was all done. All that was left to do was to give the gift to Kyungsoo.

“Here you go Jongin!”

“Thanks Baekhyun! Thanks guys, you’re all so amazing!”

“Ah, don’t worry about it!! Anyways, I’m going to get home now, I need to prepare my gift for him, too!” Baekhyun waved goodbye to everyone and left to go home.

“What’re you guys going to do now?”

“Chanyeol and I are going to buy something for Soo. Wanna join along?”

“Nah, it’s alright. I need to get home and prepare myself to give this to him.” Jongin waved goodbye and walked out of the store to go home.

“Well… it’s just you and I again.”

“You know you’re not disappointed.”

“Ew, stop you have Baekhyun.”

“And who said I wanted you??” Jessica laughed and walked out the door and signaled Chanyeol to follow.

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo walked inside his house and went straight upstairs. He walked into his room and put the photos on his desk. He pulled out the drawer where he put his photo album. He took out the photo of Jongin and him and started writing on the back.

 

I don’t regret writing any of this!

 

Kyungsoo teared up while writing, but fortunately none of the tears fell on the picture itself.

 

***~~~***

 

Baekhyun got home and checked the mail for the any deliveries and there it was, the gift for Kyungsoo.

“YES!” He opened up the box and inside revealed a new phone for Kyungsoo.

“He’s totally going to love me after this. Now where do we keep the gift wrap…? Baekhyun looked around and finally spotted some. He wrapped up the gift and added a card to the top of it. “It looks amazing!”

 

***~~~***

 

“What are you getting Kyungsoo for his birthday?” Chanyeol was wondering since he needed ideas for his gift to Kyungsoo.

“Cologne.”

“Isn’t that a bad thing?”

“Why- oh. No no, he’s been wanting this cologne for a while now.”

“Do you mind if I get the cologne and you get something else? I’m kind of lost on what to get him.”

“Ah, sure whatever.”

 

***~~~***

 

“Ah… What another crazy day… Or maybe it’s just normal and I’m overexaggerating things… Nope, it WAS crazy.” Kyungsoo looked to his desk and smiled at the gift he had gotten at the photo shop.

 

I can’t wait to hand this in.

 

“Well, tomorrow is my birthday and it’s only 11… an hour left to go before Baekhyun calls me so might as well stay up.”

 

***~~~***

 

“11:58:32!” Baekhyun was getting ready to call Kyungsoo when the clock reached midnight. He watched the clock as it slowly clicked forwards and then finally there was only 15 seconds before he was the make the phone call.

“5… 4… 3… 2…” Baekhyun dialed Kyungsoo’s number and waited for him to pick up, but it seems like the line was busy.

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo’s phone rang and he didn’t bother looking at the caller ID knowing it was going to be Baekhyun.

“Yes?” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

***~~~***

 

Baekhyun called Jessica.

“What is it?”

“Did you call Kyungsoo??”

“No… I’m talking to you now aren’t I?”

“Then who called him?”

“Why don’t you just try calling back?”

“I have! He’s busy with some other line!” Baekhyun hung up and called Chanyeol.

“Did you call Kyungsoo, babe?”

“No, why is something wrong?”

“He’s not picking up!”

“Wait… Is Jessica on the phone with him?”

“No! I don’t know who it is!”

“Try calling again! I’ll text him and see what’s up.”

“Alright, tell me if you get any results!”

“Gotchu!” Baekhyun hung up and tried calling Kyungsoo again.

 

***~~~***

“Um… Happy birthday, Kyungsoo…” Kyungsoo knew that voice immediately.

“K-Kai… why’re you calling me?”

 

--------------------

Were you expecting that? ;D Alright, so here you go! Hope you guys liked that one!