Drift

Meant to Be?

DRIFT

 

“So what you’re telling me is that you fell in love with a guy and not a girl?”

“Yep, that’s exactly it.” Luhan felt a HUGE surge of happiness flowing through him. He realized now that he still has a chance and a big smile lit up on his face. He wanted to hide the smile because it seemed rude to smile at someone’s heartbreaking story, but at the same time, he felt as if though his heart was completely fixed. Sehun looked confused at Luhan’s smile. “Why’re you smiling so big?”

“It’s nothing! I just have a story to tell you as well, but go on. I just thought of something funny.” 

“About my story?” 

“No! About something else.” 

“Tell me!” 

“I’ll tell you after your story! Go on, I want to hear this!” Sehun sighed and nodded. 

“Alright fine, but don’t you tell me that you don’t have a story after I’m done.”

“AIsh, I won’t, I won’t.”

 

***~~~***

 

“Can we please go back?! I’m so worried about him! What if a bear decides to eat him or something?! Plus it’s getting late. PLEASE!” Chanyeol was a worried mess. He couldn’t stop thinking about how scared his Baekhyun might be right now.

“Chanyeol, I’m sure Baekhyun doesn’t even taste good. The bears will probably eat Kyungsoo instead.” Jongin quickly turned to Jessica with widened eyes.

“What?” Jessica forgot that Jongin was also walking with them.

“Oh, that’s not what I meant!” She sighed, “They’re going to be fine. I think you two should stop worrying and just re-”

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” Jessica, Chanyeol, and Jongin all turned around to the scream. It seems like it came from their camp. 

“THAT’S PROBABLY BAEKHYUN!” The three quickly rushed to the continuous screaming. When they got there, they realized it was Baekhyun screaming and crying. He was sitting against the wheel of the car. Kyungsoo came just as soon as the group did. Chanyeol quickly went over to Baekhyun and hugged him. Baekhyun tried his best to push him off, but Chanyeol wouldn’t allow it. 

“You stupid giant! You left me here all by myself! How could you?! HOW COULD YOU?!” 

“I’m sorry! I’m really sorry! I won’t ever do it again! Please forgive me! I’m sorry!” 

“Baekhyun, it was my idea.” Jessica was ready to take the blame for everything.

“Why would you do it?! It’s one of my biggest fears!” Jessica started feeling really guilty upon hearing those words, but all she could do was apologize. Kyungsoo shook his head and returned back to setting up the camp. Jongin followed him. 

“Told you that you shouldn’t have done it.” Kyungsoo said while setting up a tent. 

“Yeah I know, I should’ve listened to you.” 

“That could’ve gave other people the impression that something terrible did go down!” Jongin didn’t know what to say. He wish he listened to Kyungsoo instead of trying to get back at Baekhyun.

 

***~~~***

 

A couple hours had passed since the whole incident with Baekhyun and the group was gathered around a campfire just enjoying the beautiful weather. Baekhyun had calmed down and forgiven Chanyeol and everyone else involved. The group just brought good old times back to just laugh about.

“Remember when we went to Tokyo for the first time? God, Kyungsoo loved it! Right?” 

“Kyungsoo, I thought you never went to Tokyo?” Jessica felt guilty once more because she forgot that Jongin wasn’t with them when he first went.

“I went when you were going through amnesia. I went with the four of them.”

“Oh…” Kyungsoo knew that he told Jongin his first time in Tokyo would be with him. 

“I’m sorry, we can still go. I didn’t know about it either.” 

“He really didn’t. I remember giving him the tickets and he was just shocked.” Baekhyun didn’t want any weird feelings going around.

“It’s alright. I’m getting tired, I’m going to go to sleep now. Goodnight everyone.” Jongin got up and walked over to his tent. Kyungsoo knew Jongin wasn’t feeling okay so he got up and followed Jongin back to their tent. 

“Well that leaves just the three of us.” 

“Nope, just you two. I’m out guys.” Jessica got up and stretched before walking over to her tent. 

“Well then, it’s just you and I, Baek.” 

“You want to go to sleep now?” Chanyeol nodded. “Go ahead, you look tired.” Chanyeol smiled and kissed his boyfriend before he went off. Baekhyun was staring into the fire now and just felt awake for some reason. He didn’t know why he was tired so he sat there for a good half hour pondering about life. 

 

Maybe some alcohol will put me to sleep.

 

He took out a bottle of beer and just drank it without any worries. He thought that he would be safe having an entire group around him. After finishing the bottle, he started feeling very strange. The whole world was spinning and Baekhyun drifted off into the forest.

 

***~~~***

 

“Now that I’ve finished telling my story, you tell me yours!” 

“Wow you had a great story, I wish I could top that one off.” Luhan was intrigued by Sehun’s heartbreaking story. Sehun had it much worse than Luhan did.

“Come on, quit stalling! Tell me your story!” 

“Alright, well you see, it isn’t a very funny story. But… um… Damn, I can’t think of it now.” Luhan yawned and it seemed to Sehun that he was very tired from Sehun’s story. 

“How about this, I’ll let you sleep without telling your story, but tomorrow you have to tell me. Deal?” Luhan thought about this and thought it was a good idea. It would give him time to confess to Sehun.

“You sure you don’t want to hear it tonight?”
“I’m getting tired myself, I don’t want to doze off while you’re telling your story.” 

“That’s quite rude.” Sehun laughed.

“I was kidding! But seriously think about your story! I want to hear a good one!” 

“Got it, chief!” Luhan got up to go over to his tent, but stopped when Sehun didn’t move, “You’re not going to go to sleep?”

“Just give me a few minutes, I’ll be sleeping soon.” 

“Alright, then. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

“I looooooooooo- I’ll see you in the morning.” Sehun laughed.

“What was that?!” 

“Nothing, nothing.”

 

Damn it Luhan, what the hell?! You hardly know him!

 

Sehun chuckled and turned back around to the campfire. Sehun was feeling quite thirsty so he went over to his bag and got something to drink from it. He was confused at why his drink smelled funny, but it didn’t really matter to him. It tasted so good and he never knew he had such a great tasting liquid in his possession. Soon after Sehun finished the entire container, he knew he was in trouble. 

 

I don’t feel so… good.

 

Sehun started trying to walk it off, but in the end, he too just drifted endlessly into the forest. 

 

--------------------

I’m sorry if this chapter ! I just needed to get it out there in order to get going on the dramatic part!