Blank

Meant to Be?

 

BLANK

Baekhyun called Jongin’s phone and it was busy, too.

 

This can only mean…

 

***~~~***

 

“K-Kai… why’re you calling me?”

“I… I wanted to wish you a happy birthday… Just because we’re broken up, doesn’t mean I can’t do that right?”

“Usually Baekhyun is the first one to call me to say it…”

“Sorry… I just wanted to mean something special this year for you… instead of being a memory…” Kyungsoo didn’t know what to say. “I know you told me to leave you alone, but everyday I constantly thought of you and then I just wanted to tell you. I couldn’t keep it in anymore and this was the perfect time to do so… I guess.”

“Kai… how come you miss me all of a sudden?”

“What do you mean?”

“All the times when you left me alone for a couple hours, you never told me you missed me… and now you want to say it now? Why the change?”

“As they say… ‘You don’t realize what you have until you lose it.’”

“Well that’s not all true…”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Did you really lose me?” Kai didn’t know whether to be happy or confused about that.

“No… not really… But I just felt like you were gone forever. I felt like I couldn’t get to you anymore.”

“Did you try texting me?”

“Twice… I tried talking to you, but you didn’t answer, you just read the message…”

“I don’t usually do this, but now you know how it feels right? You understand how hard it is for me to go through going on when you’ve read my message… It , at least just tell me you’re busy.”

“Kyungsoo, I promise you I’ll tell you that from now on.”

“Don’t beg for me to come back to you like that… It just doesn’t seem right…”

“Well… no… not really. Kyungsoo, I miss you a lot. I know what I did was wrong, I want to get just ONE more chance at a happy future together.”

“Kai, I told you I need time to think of it.”

“I don’t mean to rush you, but-”

“I don’t know… I’ll talk to you when I’m ready…”

“Alright… Well, Happy Birthday Kyungsoo. I hope you enjoy it…”

“Thanks, Kai…” Jongin hung up the phone and Kyungsoo felt like he wanted to cry.

“Kai… I just want to know for sure if I’ll be happy with you again.” Baekhyun slammed the door open and was going to yell before seeing Kyungsoo in tears.

“E-ever heard of privacy?”

“Kyungsoo what happened?”

“Kai called… we talked a little bit.”

“And what happened…?”

“He told me how he felt and everything… I miss him so much as well… but I don’t know if I’ll be happy when I get back together with him.” Baekhyun went over to Kyungsoo’s bed and sat down.

“Listen, you just need to take this chance and give it another shot. Make this your last shot. If it doesn’t work out, then… just leave him forever.”

“I don’t want to leave him, but I don’t want to be like before. Baekhyun, you think I should get back together with him now?”

“Just think about it, I don’t want to sound like I’ll be responsible, but you need to figure this out on your own since they’re your feelings. I know half of you wants to get with him and the other half wants to stay, but what’re you leaning more towards?” Kyungsoo thought about it. He sighed and got up to his desk.

“Here, take a look at this.” Kyungsoo handed Baekhyun a paper with a planned out photo album.

“These are all pictures of you and Jongin…”

“Yeah… I went to print them out and put them in that photo album together… I want to give it to him on his birthday… I think I would’ve made my decision by then.”

“Do you think you’ve made it now?”

“Just maybe…” Kyungsoo sat back down on his bed.

“You know what, how about you hug him?”

“What?”

“Yeah, if you hug him, maybe you can tell what your feelings are telling you!”

“How is that possibly going to tell me if I want to stay with him or not?”

“You’ll never know unless you give it a try, right?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and he looked to the door. It was Jongin standing there.

“K-Kai! Did you plan this?” Baekhyun nervously nodded.

“Y-yeah… We kind of had this planned out.”

 

***~~~FLASHBACK~~~***

 

And all the pictures are checked and… sending… sending… sending… sent!

 

 

“I swear if you’re texting-”

“I’m not, I’m not! I’m almost done!” Baekhyun smiled.

 

Alright Jongin, I sent you all the pictures on Kyungsoo’s phone of you guys… Hopefully this works.

 

“Eomma,…”

 

***~~~****

 

Jongin held out something from behind his back. He walked up to Kyungsoo and handed it over to Kyungsoo.

“Happy Birthday Do Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo stared at Jongin and the present.

“T-this is for me?” Baekhyun nodded.

“Yeah… It’s what we were doing today. Open it.” Kyungsoo unwrapped it and it was a photo album. It held all the pictures of them together. There were even some saved conversations that made it to the photo album. Kyungsoo stopped at one particular picture. It was a piece of paper that said that the two of them would be with each other until the very end. Kyungsoo started tearing. He flipped through the photos all the way to end. At the end, there was a message:

 

Do Kyungsoo, you are the love of my life. You are the best things that’s happened to me and I want to be with you forever. No matter what happens, I just hope we can overcome any challenge, together! If you give me one more chance, I promise you that you won’t be disappointed! I was a totally fool to actually do such a thing to you and I am so so sorry! I hope you can forgive the wrongdoings I have done and just forgive me for the idiot that I was. I want to know something, Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo, will you forgive me and will you continue being my boyfriend?

December 25, 2013 -                           .

 

“What goes in the blank…?” Kyungsoo was confused.

“…It’s whatever you feel goes in there…” Jongin wanted to know so badly what Kyungsoo was going to say.

“What do you think of it?” Baekhyun was so curious to know what he thought of it. Kyungsoo got up and closed the photo album. His head was down; facing the floor.

“Kyungsoo… Are you alright?”

“K… Jongin… All this time… I was just wondering if I should go back out with you. I had so many doubts, but I also had a lot of things pushing me to go after you…” Jongin felt bad that he caused Kyungsoo to build up so many doubts towards going out with him.

“Are you ready to answer…?”

“Can I write in this? I’ll show you my answer…” Jongin nodded.

“You were supposed to write in it…” Kyungsoo walked over to his desk and grabbed a pen. He turned around so his back wasn’t facing the other two. Baekhyun and Jongin were both staring as Kyungsoo wrote in the book. When he finished, Kyungsoo let out a breath and looked up. It took about 5 seconds.

“Alright…” Kyungsoo walked over to Jongin. Jongin looked at it and was confused.

“… Kyungsoo… I-it’s bl-” No one in the room at that moment cared that Jongin was interrupted. Nothing could explain the moment that happened afterwards. Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin’s head and put his lips to Jongin’s lips and he held it there for as long as he could. Jongin’s eye’s widened and then he closed it. When they finally let go, Jongin was tearing.

“Do you wonder why it’s blank now?” Jongin smiled and shook his head.

“Kyungsoo, I promise you, I won’t make you go through Hell like that again!”

“Kim Jongin, I believe you. And another thing.”

“What is it?”

“I love you.” Jongin smiled greatly.

“I love you too, Do Kyungsoo!” Their lips met once again and Baekhyun just smiled at the happy moment before him. He softly spoke to himself as the two were still in a kiss.

“Happy Birthday Kyungsoo… I’m so glad that you just got the gift you wanted. You wanted an answer and you got it… You also got your boyfriend back, too.”

“Kai…” Kyungsoo walked over to his desk and got out a picture. “Here.” It was the picture that fell out of Kyungsoo’s locker, the one that fell into Jongin’s hands, the one that ended up being hung up on Kyungsoo’s locker, the one that assured Jongin of Kyungsoo’s feelings, the one that Kyungsoo held dearly to his heart, the key to all of this happening. On the back, Kyungsoo wrote something.

 

You are my everything Kim Jongin. I want to be happy with you and only you in my life. No other person in the world can replace you as my boyfriend. I love you with all my heart. This picture represents the key to all of this happening. Without it, I probably wouldn’t have thought twice about this relationship. You would’ve never seen my reaction to how much I still cared. It does mean a lot to you and I want you to have this, not to remember this as a bad thing, but as a challenge we overcame together because of love.

~Do Kyungsoo

 

--------------------

Yes, KaiSoo are finally back together! Such an amazing feeling isn’t it?! ^.^ This was very fun to write and I wanted it to be just right! :D