Window

Meant to Be?

WINDOW

"Wh-what're you doing here?" 
"To talk to you...we need to talk." Luhan looked passed his mother and saw his sister, "Jie Jie!" 
"Luhan!" They ran up to each other and hugged each other tightly. 
"Gosh, you've grown up so much, how long has it been?" Luhan chuckled. 
"I don't know! Three years?" 
"Wow, that's a long time-" 
"What do you need to talk about?!" His mother shouted and interrupted them. 
"Sit down... Jie Jie, you want to sit down too?" 
"She doesn't need to kn-"
"Sure, let's go." She took a seat on the couch and Luhan sat down next to her. Their mother sat opposite of them with a coffee table in the middle separating the two forces. 
"Why?"
"Why what?" 
"Why do you want me to come back to you? Why do you want to take me away from Sehun? Why do you hate me because I'm gay?" Mrs. Han's head quickly turned to her daughter to seen her reaction. She is seen smiling and patting Luhan on the back for admitting who he is and being proud if it. 
"You don't think this is a bad thing?" Luhan just sighed and rolled his eyes while waiting for his sister to reply. She simply smiled and shook her head. 
"Not at all. It doesn't matter who Luhan likes or even what he likes. I don't care for his preferences just as long as it's not drugs. He's still the little brother I know and love and I will always love him no matter what." She hugged him and he hugged back. He had a tear drop from his eye. His mother was disgusted, however. 
"I think it is just so disgusting to see the person Luhan has become. You two disgust me." 
"You know what, mom. I think I'm going to follow Luhan's footsteps and leave you too. I can't be around closed minded people like you and you aren't even religious. I would understand if you are religious and all, but you're not. You're just being a homophobe. Wake up, Mom, it's the 21st century! People are dating whoever the hell they want and people are being more accepting. Do I need to teach you a history lesson?"
"I don't care for your lessons! I want him to change because he is my son-"
"It is MY life! I do what I want with it and you can't stop me from being the person I want to be. Understood?" 
"How dare you speak to your mother like-"
"How dare you kick your son out like that? How dare you neglect him and treat him like a piece of trash on the street after finding out he's gay?" 
"Jie Jie, I'll take care of this..." 
"No! She needs to understand that because of her, this family is torn apart. Do you understand that Dad didn't even want to agree with you? I see it in his eyes everyday he goes to work. He walks pass by that family photo of us and then sighs when he knows that Luhan isn't around." Victoria starts tearing up and Luhan comforts her. 
"It's going to be alright. I'm still going to be around, I'm not leaving you Mei Mei." Mrs. Han was quiet and didn't know how to react. She was trying to intake everything that was going on from her daughter to Luhan. It was just too much and she couldn't take it. Rising slowly, she said goodnight to both children and went off to her bedroom. 

***~~~***

Luhan and Victoria sat outside on a ledge gazing up at the stars. 
"What made you finally tell her?" Victoria asked, but she had silence respond to her. She looked over to Luhan and noticed he was still staring up at the stars. She wondered if he had heard her,  or not. He let out a sigh before looking into her eyes. 
"I didn't tell her... She figured it out."
"How?" 
"My boyfriend and I... It was a scene I'll never forget. He and I were about to kiss in the rain and then Mom happened to turn the corner on where we were and saw us. She freaked out and that's how she found out." 
"You must've been so scared."
"I was... You know how she is. I don't know how I was ever going to tell her anyways... Throughout my whole life, I knew it was wrong to keep it from her, but what can I do? I knew she won't accept me no matter what I say to her." 
"And is that when she kicked you out... Or...?"
"She made me choose... To stay with her and never see my boyfriend again, or to go with my with boyfriend and never come back." 
"And you chose to go with your boyfriend?" 
"At first I chose to stay with Mom... I thought it was the right thing to do, but I soon realized that I wouldn't get love from anyone. I chose to pack up my things and run off with him." Victoria took her hand and patted Luhan's back. She knew what kind of hardship he was going through and wouldn't stop loving him no matter what. 
"I'm always here for you. I love you no matter what Mom says, or who you love. You're still Luhan to me." 
"Thanks Jie Jie." The two hugged and Luhan has felt a tear streamed down his face. He had never felt family love in such a while. It felt warm to hear those words from one of his own family members. 
"Why did you decide to come talk to her today?"
"My boyfriend's mom told me I should do it. Mom and I had an argument and then she was there. She saw everything that happened and when we were eating dinner, the family spoke o me. They were all so worried for me and told me that I needed to tell Mom how I truly felt." 
"You're very brave." Victoria and Luhan looked to their right to see a smiling Sehun in the night. 
"Sehun!" 
"Hi Luhan-" Luhan had attacked Sehun with a hug and his sentence was cut short. 
"So this is your boyfriend, Luhan?" 
"Yes it is. Sehun I want you to meet my older sister, Victoria!" 
"Hello Victoria!"
"Hi Sehun!" 

***~~~***

Mrs. Han was watching from her room as the three were talking. 
"Get away from my son you demon." 

--------------------
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a few days! I have been so busy with many things and this week has been crazy! I will start being free again next week so that means daily updates again! Exams kill me. XD hope you guys enjoyed that!